Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London Marathon 2019 - Who is in?

Oh dear oh dear...

I am now booked for London and Brighton Marathons in April 19.

7 years of ballot entry and I'm finally in.

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Congratulations. Ive not heard yet.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Congratulations @Dazzler21 had you down as more of a sprinter though. ;)
  • Got my commiserations and jacket this morning, I didn’t realise they had stopped the 5 attempts and guaranteed entry
  • T_C_E said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Got to beat my 3:32:08 from Florence last year at either of, or both of them!
  • Dazzler21 said:

T_C_E said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Got to beat my 3:32:08 from Florence last year at either of, or both of them!
    I take it thats 3mins 32secs with this Florence lass?

• Congratulations. Ive not heard yet.

If you log into the registration website, it'll tell you whether you're in or out. Learnt that last year.

I was 7 no's in 7 years last year, didn't apply this year. Maybe next year if I get my groin finally sorted.
    My friend now has 8 consecutive no's to his name and he has marshalled every year in that time too. Poor fella.

At last count at Plumstead Runners, only 1 in 45 applicants got in through the ballot. 3-4 others will have qualified through GFA but that is a piss poor turn out yet year after year you'll see someone already walking behind the sweep wagon at Cutty Sark as they haven't put the training in.
    Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Having run 2 marathons in 2 weeks before, you'll be fine. Either use Brighton as a slow warm up for London or use Brighton as your race and then London as a long slow run. Given the numbers involved on both courses, better chance of a quicker time at Brighton. Just dont expect to run both flat out.

One of my friends has run over 100 marathons in just over 3 years now. Averages one every 1.5 weeks. Think he done 5 in 5 days at one point. Absolutely mental.
  • edited October 2018
    Cheers JohnBoy - Yep intention is to run them both as properly as I can, expectation is that I'll take London easier for the overpopulation reason.

Fortunately there's that 2 week gap in between for a nice quiet 10 miler...

In other news, I'm off to Up & Running for a gait analysis and shoe recommendation tonight as my recommended shoe has been retired AGAIN! This keeps occurring!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cheers JohnBoy - Yep intention is to run them both as properly as I can, expectation is that I'll take London easier for the overpopulation reason.

Fortunately there's that 2 week gap in between for a nice quiet 10 miler...

In other news, I'm off to Up & Running for a gait analysis and shoe recommendation tonight as my recommended shoe has been retired AGAIN! This keeps occurring!

If neutral, try the Brooks Glycerin. Awesome shoe. I wouldn't run in anything other. I've always been a well built stocky runner, even when I got down to 12st 4lb (ha, never again!) and the Glycerin give you that nice balance of being light with brilliant cushioning. I tried a pair of the Brooks Ghost at one point and after posting a review on my blog at the time, Brooks sent me another pair Glycerin.
  • This is what I need to find out.

I am currently in a stability shoe. So just want to know which is best moving forward as I've always been borderline Stability vs Neutral.
  • I'm in, paid my entry back in june. It was nice not to be waiting on the ballot this year
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of my friends have now moved over to Hoka One One's. I believe their neutral shoe is the Clifton and a lot of people are raving about them for maximum cushioning.

https://www.hokaoneone.eu/

The running shop in Beckenham has the full range in stock if you want to go try them.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Congratulations. Ive not heard yet.

If you log into the registration website, it'll tell you whether you're in or out. Learnt that last year.

I was 7 no's in 7 years last year, didn't apply this year. Maybe next year if I get my groin finally sorted.
    My friend now has 8 consecutive no's to his name and he has marshalled every year in that time too. Poor fella.

At last count at Plumstead Runners, only 1 in 45 applicants got in through the ballot. 3-4 others will have qualified through GFA but that is a piss poor turn out yet year after year you'll see someone already walking behind the sweep wagon at Cutty Sark as they haven't put the training in.
    Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Having run 2 marathons in 2 weeks before, you'll be fine. Either use Brighton as a slow warm up for London or use Brighton as your race and then London as a long slow run. Given the numbers involved on both courses, better chance of a quicker time at Brighton. Just dont expect to run both flat out.

One of my friends has run over 100 marathons in just over 3 years now. Averages one every 1.5 weeks. Think he done 5 in 5 days at one point. Absolutely mental.
    I'd have a word with Dazzler about that - I reckon Florence would get your groin sorted.
  • Once again my entry has been turned down. I think that's 15 years on the trot. I never forget to post it one day too late.
  • No entry for me
  • rina said:

I'm in, paid my entry back in june. It was nice not to be waiting on the ballot this year

Eh? You're always Ballot or Charity?
  • Dazzler21 said:

rina said:

I'm in, paid my entry back in june. It was nice not to be waiting on the ballot this year

Eh? You're always Ballot or Charity?
    club entry last year which I deferred
  • edited October 2018
    Ah fair play I forgot about the bond places for run clubs.
  • edited January 2019
    As promised, I said I'd return.

Today marks 17 years since 13 year-old me came face to face with the reality of how mental health conditions can go unnoticed and as a result, I have chosen to fundraise for the Mental Health Foundation again.

Feel free to pop over and donate, the description is a lot less detailed than in 2017 as I don't want people to think I'm breaking out a miniature violin!

justgiving.com/2in2

I have chosen to fundraise I do not have charity places and as such my goal is a nice to reach target not a must meet and I urge people to donate to those runners first and foremost as their targets are often unachievably high and can actually cause anxiety and stress when not moving towards their targets.

Thank you to all of you that read all of this, thank you to those that do support me and thank you also to those that support other runners off the back of my message.

All the best and up the Haddocks!
  • @Dazzler21

The very best of luck to you - very sad story

To do 2 marathons is very tough and for an amazing cause.

You should be very, very proud of yourself
  • Thanks for the generous donation @BR3red