Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dreams WTF ?

Had a weird one last night.

Was on holiday and got into the hotel lift with another man and instead of going up the lift went down and sideways and when the doors opened we were in North Korea where our western shoes were confiscated and we were give party approved ones.
Can’t remember any more.

Comments

• Was the other man called Roland? That would certainly explain it.
  • Don't eat cheese before bed again.
  • Had a weird one last night.

Was on holiday and got into the hotel lift with another man and instead of going up the lift went down and sideways and when the doors opened we were in North Korea where our western shoes were confiscated and we were give party approved ones.
    Can’t remember any more.

Don’t worry, that happens to me for real on a regular basis. Funny thing is though, it only tends to happen when I’ve broken into my third bottle of red wine.

• I have some insane dreams, at one point in my twenties I thought I maybe should go and see someone. They would swing from a real nightmare like something from Caligula with the Catholics all buried up to their necks as the swinging head chopper-offer made its way to them to glorious, ethereal dreams where I was being fellated by Cameron Diaz and having everyone in the room ask if I was ok
  • I get quite a common one (or used to). Dreamt I kept having to resit my a levels (I took them back in 2000). Another one when I was younger used to play out in mrs mangle’s house (from neighbours). Often dream I see plane fall out the sky. Sure they all have meaning and I have many more, just can’t remember a lot of them.

Dreamt is the only word in the English language that ends in mt by the way.

Dejavu is a funny one. Get it maybe twice a year, and it’s always the most benign thing
  • I had a dream last week that i was an employee of Roland and I was the only one he wanted to pay a bonus to. I was torn between wanting my effing bonus and feeling like i was betraying the rest of the staff if i took it. I woke up pissed off that Roland was troubling me in my sleep.
  • Sponsored links:

• My dreams are disappointingly very mundane. I just do normal things. The only oddity is that people I know pop up in the wrong places or places are changed - eg I’m at The Valley but it’s not The Valley. Still, no nasty violence or anything like that.
  • cabbles said:

I get quite a common one (or used to). Dreamt I kept having to resit my a levels (I took them back in 2000). Another one when I was younger used to play out in mrs mangle’s house (from neighbours). Often dream I see plane fall out the sky. Sure they all have meaning and I have many more, just can’t remember a lot of them.

Dejavu is a funny one. Get it maybe twice a year, and it’s always the most benign thing

I also have had many dreams where a plane would be in trouble and as it flew out of site over the horizon, a big explosion would appear. I never see the actual crash.
  • cabbles said:

I get quite a common one (or used to). Dreamt I kept having to resit my a levels (I took them back in 2000). Another one when I was younger used to play out in mrs mangle’s house (from neighbours). Often dream I see plane fall out the sky. Sure they all have meaning and I have many more, just can’t remember a lot of them.

I think there’s a scientific theory for dejavu, dreams on the other hand are a complete mystery. I’m sure they would give us greater insight into our subconscious and could be useful for treating mental health issues but I just don’t think we will get to anywhere close in our lifetimes.
  • cabbles said:

I also have had many dreams where a plane would be in trouble and as it flew out of site over the horizon, a big explosion would appear. I never see the actual crash.
    Ah, the classic takeover thread nightmare...
  • cabbles said:

Well apart from undreamt, redreamt, daydreamt etc. :)
  • I had a dream a while back where I was at Charlton and it was in lounges in the North Stand and I had a ticket in the Lower North but had to go through a really convoluted route through hidden corridors and open terracing to get there.
    Funny thing was nothing looked like it should apart from the lounges and it was before I'd been in those actual lounges.

Still, made a change from all those dreams about looking for a toilet that's unoccupied.
  • edited October 2018
    I regularly, almost nightly, dream about living back at the house I grew up in. Usually one or both of my parents are there although they divorced when I was young and are now gone. I think it's the only home I've ever felt truly happy in and I'm sure that's the reason I dream about it. Maybe I just want to be a kid again!
  • Katrien was in a dream I had last night and not in a good way (would that even be good? perhaps not). It was very short, she was put in a lift and sent down to the basement to rot. Harsh but fair I thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Woke up in a panic at 4am as I had been dreaming that my little boy had gone missing. Had to go into the kids bedroom just to check they were both okay and couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour.
  • I think it was from that dappy bat appearing in the press again making up bollocks about Charlton fans blah blah

But at one point I was dancing with Miere, like when Bruce Wayne and catwoman were in the dark knight rises. Masks on as well.

It started very nicely, she asked me to dance, I accepted and then proceeded to ask her why she was so stupid basically. In the end she tried to knee me in the balls, I moved my hand down to protect myself and smacked myself in the nutbag

I had a few beers yesterday and had another trippy dream about arguing with a shopkeeper about the sugar tax, how he'd put a big sign up saying prices had gone up due to the sugar tax. All I wanted was a diet coke for less than a full fat one! Mr Patel was having none of it

That one segway'd into the last one before I woke, I was having a UFC style fight with my boss, I've never done any mixed martial art so god knows where this one came from. Anyway I had him in a hold where his elbow was against my knee and I told him unless he gave me a pay rise of snap his arm. I then woke up at the point I pushed my knee against his elbow making his arm go the wrong way. Funnily enough I'm working with him today, sadly UFC fight or not he does not have the power to give me a payrise
  • Do people actually dream anything to do with Charlton? I don't think I ever have, at least not since I was a kid and was Mendonca's strike partner.
  • Is it weird that I love nightmares, honestly I go to bed everynight hoping for one.

I think its because I love horror movies and a nightmare is your own horror movie.
  • Made the mistake of leaving nicotine patch on overnight a few times. Dreams when you’re getting nicotine hits are worse than with dairy.
  • I still can't remember if i played 7 games for Charlton in the 90's or whether it was a dream.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Do people actually dream anything to do with Charlton? I don't think I ever have, at least not since I was a kid and was Mendonca's strike partner.

I did on Sat night. Dreamt Bowyer was playing football in the street & slid in to score a goal & grazed all his leg ala KK on Superstars.

Weird.