Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Simultaneously on the Twitter thread.
  • Made me really happy. I love him.
  • I used to drink there when I lived in Hackney Wick. But that was a long time ago.
    It was a proper old east end boozer.
    Probably ruined by hipsters now.
  • When the world’s most cockney landlord mr Patel says to the woman you’re having a fucking bubble is he referring to the nationality of the gentlemen she’s going out with or is there another rhyming slang reference that I'm not familiar with in there ?
  • When the world’s most cockney landlord mr Patel says to the woman you’re having a fucking bubble is he referring to the nationality of the gentlemen she’s going out with or is there another rhyming slang reference that I'm not familiar with in there ?

Bubble bath - laugh
    Bubble & Squeak - Greek

Obviously the former in this case.
  • MrLargo said:

When the world’s most cockney landlord mr Patel says to the woman you’re having a fucking bubble is he referring to the nationality of the gentlemen she’s going out with or is there another rhyming slang reference that I'm not familiar with in there ?

Bubble bath - laugh
    Bubble & Squeak - Greek

Thank you for taking the time to explain that but who the fuck ever said (in London anyway) you’re having a bubble bath ? You’d have been outed as somebody from the sticks straight away
  • MrLargo said:

When the world’s most cockney landlord mr Patel says to the woman you’re having a fucking bubble is he referring to the nationality of the gentlemen she’s going out with or is there another rhyming slang reference that I'm not familiar with in there ?

Bubble bath - laugh
    Bubble & Squeak - Greek

Thank you for taking the time to explain that but who the fuck ever said (in London anyway) you’re having a bubble bath ? You’d have been outed as somebody from the sticks straight away
    No-one - it's always just "bubble".

Says the man from the sticks... :open_mouth:
  • MrLargo said:

Bubble bath - laugh
    Bubble & Squeak - Greek

No-one - it's always just "bubble".

Says the man from the sticks... :open_mouth:
    I'm glad you explained it for him. I couldn't be bothered.
  • MrLargo said:

Bubble bath - laugh
    Bubble & Squeak - Greek

The most recent published example of someone saying it in London is a Mr Patel of Wick Lane in Hackney.