Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Family get behind Lyle Taylors Cancer Research appeal

There are some good pictures & links to the appeal,which i am unable to post on here,to see them click link at bottom of post.

The Charlton family has pledged its support to Addicks striker Lyle Taylor who is going pink for October to raise money and awareness for Cancer Research UK.

It is a cause very close to the heart of the 28-year-old as he has had four family members suffer with cancer in recent years.

On Sunday Taylor will dye his hair pink and throughout October, Breast Cancer Awareness month, he will wear boots of the same colour.

Members of the Charlton Athletic family including BETDAQ, ITRM, the Charlton Athletic Women’s team and hummel are all supporting Taylor’s campaign.

The club’s principal partner BETDAQ will turn all their advertising boards in the stadium pink for October and are donating to Taylor’s giving page.

Shane McLaughlin, Managing Director at BETDAQ, said: "This is an extremely worthy cause and BETDAQ is proud to be supporting Lyle's campaign along with the rest of the Charlton family."

The club’s back-of-shirt sponsor ITRM are also donating to the page and are going pink for the game against Coventry City on Saturday, October 6th when they will be the match sponsors. All their guests will wear pink on the day and their match sponsors' programme advert for the game will have a pink theme.

Dave White, ITRM’s Managing Director, said: “We are really pleased to be able to support Lyle in his efforts to raise money for Cancer Research UK. When we met with him last week it was clear how passionate he is about helping the fight against cancer. It is fantastic to see the whole Charlton Family come together to support him and we are committed to playing our full part.”

The club’s kit supplier hummel and Elite, who run the club shop, are creating special pink Lyle Taylor beanies. The beanies will be available in the club shop for either £5 or free on any orders over £30. £1 from every beanie sold as part of either deal will be donated directly towards Taylor’s page.

Mark Underwood, Elite Group Managing Director, said: “At The Elite Group we are delighted to support Lyle’s Cancer Research UK campaign. We know red is everyone’s favourite colour but we are hoping the Charlton supporters will get behind Lyle and the boys by donning the pink this October.”

Charlton Athletic Women’s team are donating the match sponsorship for Sunday’s home game against Lewes to the cause which includes a full page programme advert. They’ll also be doing a bucket collection for Cancer Research at the game.

Steve Adamson, General Manager for Charlton Athletic Women, said: “The Charlton Athletic Women are proud to be supporting Lyle Taylor's campaign and urge all Charlton fans to donate. Sadly everyone will know someone who has been affected by cancer so the more awareness and funding we can raise, the closer we can come to finding a cure.”

Taylor said: “I am overwhelmed by the support of the Charlton family. This is such an important cause to me and I’m so happy and grateful that my teammates, the fans and everyone involved at the club are doing their own thing to support Cancer Research UK.”
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bacee5756255/charlton-family-get-behind-lyle-taylors-pink-october-for-cancer-research-uk

Comments