Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• When your nutts are in the toilet water whilst you sit down for a shit

Really made me laugh !

• first time it happened to me i really laughed too jt.
  • 3blokes said:

Reading this thread and finding myself nodding along...

Haha...Classic

• When I'm looking at new mobile phones and remembering when I had to walk half a mile to the nearsest phonebox to make a call, with no guarantee that the receiver would be attached to the cord.:)
  • When you get home from a northern outpost like Burnley and first thing you do is put the kettle on.

• edited November 2012
    Watching the video on the Day by Day thread of the 4-4 draw with the Hammers and realising that was 11 years ago.

forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/45167/charlton-athletic-day-by-day#latest
  • edited November 2012
    Seeing the Facebook page pictures of my old workplace reunion (which I missed) and wondering who all those fat bald old men were!!!!
  • Reading that Jodie Foster is 50 today and remembering her as a kid in Bugsy Mallone.
  • NOW187 or whatever it's on.
  • iainment said:

Knowing of all those mentioned on The Intro and the Outro.

Who was Dan Druff then?
  • Sponsored links:

• When I'm looking at new mobile phones and remembering when I had to walk half a mile to the nearsest phonebox to make a call, with no guarantee that the receiver would be attached to the cord.:)

Haha, but the one thing you could guarantee... the smell.
  • Ralph Macchio the Karate Kid is 52 !!!
  • Doing a jigsaw instead of warching 'Aerobics From Oz'!
  • iainment said:

Knowing of all those mentioned on The Intro and the Outro.

Who was Dan Druff then?
    The harp player.

• 3blokes said:

When you open this thread and realise you read it the day before because you posted on it.....

hahaha brilliant
  • When a kid makes his debut for Fulham who was born in April 2003!!
  • When you reopen a thread because you closed it using the home button and you consider every click on the Roland Button a vote.
  • Looking in the mirror.
  • When you stumble on a thread from before we added the Reactions options.

“Grandad, tell me about the early days of the internet when all you could do was type and read stuff? How did you sarcastically laugh out loud to people you didn’t like, or like what someone else wrote? How did you manage to just be ‘nice’ to other people and not get into another argument all because someone didn’t like a post of yours from 7 years ago and you’ve been waiting for your moment all that time? The internet in the olden days grandad sounded bare shit”
  • Sponsored links:

• Working with people who don’t remember 9/11.
  • Bumping old threads where the lovely kind but late of this parish March51 had previously posted . His son has said that he finds it hard when he says he sees his Dad’s posts. Must be very tricky seeing them. But he doesn’t post on here much, maybe due to the bumps?
  • I feel old when I realize that no kids in college have any memory of 9/11.
  • Stig said:

Yesterday I went on a boat trip at New Quay in Wales. As we pulled in to dock in the little harbour my mother in law (bless her) lost her lunch over the side of the boat together with her top set of teeth. As quick as a flash and sensing the opportunity to be the hero of the hour, I stripped-down to my pants and jumped in. Luckily, being on holiday, it was the first time in a year that I had new smalls on, so there was nothing to be worried about in a public display.

Anyway, after half an hour of hunting around the ocean bed I found the missing set. I rose to the surface like a triumphant pearl diver, held my arms aloft and waved the old lady's gnashers to the excited crowd that had gathered on the harbour wall. I must have looked something like a cross between Johnny Weissmuller and Nick Kamen, only a bit more handsome and dashing. Well, that's what I thought until I saw the pictures my wife had on her iPad of a fat balding bloke in a pair of water-stretched cackers, gurning as he waived some discoloured false teeth at a handful of onlookers.

For a short while I felt young, but reality struck when I saw the picture. That's when I feel old, when reality strikes.

Stig - absolutely brilliant, just spate my tea all over the desk. Take a bow !!
  • Being 54 today.
  • Being 54 today.

Happy birthday mate!
  • It was 30 years of hurt, it's now 52.

Charlene from Neighbours is 50 and Annie Porter from Speed is now 54. Rachel from Friends is 49:

a) how did this happen?!
    b) Yes, yes and yes, emphatically.

Gary Lineker, 57. He only just took over from Des Lynam so clearly can't get my head around this.

Wayne Rooney's entire football career has nearly finished. Promising youngster Kevin Lisbie is 39, still looks 15 though.
  • Stig said:

Yesterday I went on a boat trip at New Quay in Wales. As we pulled in to dock in the little harbour my mother in law (bless her) lost her lunch over the side of the boat together with her top set of teeth. As quick as a flash and sensing the opportunity to be the hero of the hour, I stripped-down to my pants and jumped in. Luckily, being on holiday, it was the first time in a year that I had new smalls on, so there was nothing to be worried about in a public display.

Anyway, after half an hour of hunting around the ocean bed I found the missing set. I rose to the surface like a triumphant pearl diver, held my arms aloft and waved the old lady's gnashers to the excited crowd that had gathered on the harbour wall. I must have looked something like a cross between Johnny Weissmuller and Nick Kamen, only a bit more handsome and dashing. Well, that's what I thought until I saw the pictures my wife had on her iPad of a fat balding bloke in a pair of water-stretched cackers, gurning as he waived some discoloured false teeth at a handful of onlookers.

For a short while I felt young, but reality struck when I saw the picture. That's when I feel old, when reality strikes.

Any chance of sharing the picture?
  • Being 54 today.

Happy birthday Algarve