Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• edited September 2018

Jose can say (just like he did all those years ago against us at Stamford Bridge) that he didn't lose the match

Bloody 5live even said that.

When it went 2-1 Derby they said Jose Mourinho could be about to lose his 1st ever home game in the League Cup, When he was at Chelsea Charlton beat them on penalties but it wasnt a defeat.

WTF did Chelsea go through
    NO
    Then they fucking lost
  • Thought Mason Mount was superb for Derby, bright future ahead for him.

Seen the future of England's midfield tonight, him and Foden will be regulars for years if they keep progressing as they are.
  • Jose can say (just like he did all those years ago against us at Stamford Bridge) that he didn't lose the match

Bloody 5live even said that.

When it went 2-1 Derby they said Jose Mourinho could be about to lose his 1st ever home game in the League Cup, When he was at Chelsea Charlton beat them on penalties but it wasnt a defeat.

WTF did Chelsea go through
    NO
    Then they fucking lost
    BBC is still peddling this.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45555895

"Jose Mourinho lost his first home match in the League Cup as a manager"

Morons.
  • And a comb-over alert.
  • Why only "like" or "loathe" as options? Why not "love"?
  • edited September 2018
    What a strike by Harry Wilson during the 90 minutes though. Shame he’s Welsh!
  • I genuinely think he's clinically depressed and needs a good long break.
  • Riviera said:

He'll be gone by Christmas.

This
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

He'll be gone by Christmas.

This
    Agreed - I think United May force him towards a resignation by not funding any transfers in January, and fancy either Zudane or Giggs to take over

• Mourinho is the Donald Trump of managers.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Chizz said:
    Don't think I've ever seen anything so niche...
  • I presume Man U appointed him because of his record which speaks for itself. His character and demeanour hasn't changed. If I was them, I'd want him to stay for a few more years as he is a proven success and must be as qualified as anybody to bring them success.
  • I presume Man U appointed him because of his record which speaks for itself. His character and demeanour hasn't changed. If I was them, I'd want him to stay for a few more years as he is a proven success and must be as qualified as anybody to bring them success.

Thing is, I really don't think he is, not any more. His style and attitude is outdated in the modern game, the fashion is now for "coaches" who encourage players to express themselves, not authoritarian tactician types.

Plenty of players have been successful before and after United stints, but since Ferguson left how many World class players have their been who can point to their time at United as being career highs?
  • What kind of a manager makes comments like this.

And he wonders why he doesnt get respect from players
    Exactly, ridiculous comment that will just get his players backs up. Seemingly also forgetting that Derby were also down to their defenders taking penalties.
  • Klopp and Guardioala are regularly seen having a word with their players in an extremely demonstrative manner. The perception from these players seems to be that the two are trying to be constructive and help them as both individuals as well as the team itself.

Mourinho does it publicly (including for the cameras with Pogba because he knew damn well that they were there at training) because he wants to prove to the world that he is the boss. The public humiliation of Shaw last season is another example. However, his "I'll wear them down style" is proven to not work and he's lost more than one dressing room as a result simply because the players stop believing in him and his way of playing and setting up his sides. It is all built around negativity and fear.
  • Surely he goes after today.

Out the League Cup to Derby
    Could be 11 points behind Liverpool already
    Likely to be 9 points behind City
    Issues with players
  • Can’t see him getting the sack or walking at the moment. obviously big problems there with the squad not seemingly playing for the manager. That’s always the beginning of the end. Unless he turns it round I think mutual consent in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• What the hell has happened to Man Utd

2-0 behind with 20 minutes to go

Pull it back to 2-1 Man Utd of old would then push on and you expect at least make it 2-2

But no 3 minutes later its 3-1
  • Waiting for his post match conference demanding respect from journalists again....
  • Like the respect he showed Jones the other day
  • Poor again, players really don't seem to be playing for him.

Sanchez dropped from the squad completely, Pogba subbed off early, Lukaku dreadful again.

Can't be long before they get Zidane in.
  • Surely his days are numbered now?
  • He'll be gone by Christmas.
  • Poor again, players really don't seem to be playing for him.

Sanchez dropped from the squad completely, Pogba subbed off early, Lukaku dreadful again.

Can't be long before they get Zidane in.

Wasn't just Sanchez - so were Lingard and Valencia
  • Apparently costs £26 million to sack him now.

That's one expensive text message.

But how much will it cost them if they don’t qualify for the Champions League