Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I am Not a Luddite

edited September 2018 in Troubleshooting
But I am in my 50’s and had no modern IT training at school.
I have an iPhone 7 or maybe 8 and tonight after checking into a rather exotic location on FB, just to show off to my friends, now every time I try to log onto CHARLTON LIFE my phone goes straight to Facebook. Even if I bypass Safari and use google as I search for CL it just overrides to bloody Facebook!
Please help. @LoOkOuT

Comments

• Serves you right , no one over 40 should have farcebook!
    Have no idea how to stop problem but I reckon if you clear all history from phone on google and safari and then start again it might give you a chance of getting rid of problem .
  • And to think I let you off a bet!
  • Seems to have corrected itself after I left said exotic venue.
  • Appreciate it !
    Did my troubleshooting work ?
  • Appreciate it !

No. Just leaving the bar seemed to clear it.
  • Ok Riviera - first can you clear your browser’s cache and cookies?

Go into your phone’s settings -> safari -> clear history and website data (should be at the bottom of the settings for safari).

Does that solve it?
  • EastStand said:

Ok Riviera - first can you clear your browser’s cache and cookies?

Go into your phone’s settings -> safari -> clear history and website data (should be at the bottom of the settings for safari).

Does that solve it?

Would this also clear the history of a couple of sites that I opened and looked at for a while by accident?
  • Sponsored links:

• EastStand said:

Ok Riviera - first can you clear your browser’s cache and cookies?

Does that solve it?

Would this also clear the history of a couple of sites that I opened and looked at for a while by accident?
    Yes - it'll clear holmsdale.net right out of there for you.
  • cafcfan said:

If you were really in your 50s you'd know there's no apostrophe in 50s.

Brilliant. The sort of one line quip that has me laughing out loud.

One day, with the governor's approval, I shall make a book of all these one liners!
  • I’m am a Luddite, I got an iPhone 7, iMac, iPod and a iPad, none do I use above 5% of their potential, and all I regularly need to ask the boy something about how to use them. I’m 65 and work in a fairly modern technology using industry.

But have for a long time thought that life was a lot stressful when I first started work, landlines weren’t that common other than at work, email was sent by post and if urgent you got a reply in 5 days. Internet if you were rich was the encyclopaedia Britannia or poor some cheap encyclopaedia. Spell check was your brain or dictionary, Sat Nav was a map or if in London an A to Z, cars were virtually unheard off, housing was supplied by the council, recycling was either the pig man communing round collecting the scraps of food, nothing else was thrown away.

It was a fair less stressful way of life, when you finished work, there was no way your boss could get hold of you, bliss. But was it better? No, less stressful yes, but I couldn’t be communicating with you, my engineers couldn’t dial in and fix a problem, I couldn’t look up the football scores, teams etc. The only problem is that we haven’t learnt to use all this modern technology in way to assist us and not to make our life more stressful, one day I believe we will get there, already I can easily work from home, so the need to commute could be greatly reduced, this would relieve some stress, but in my opinion until we curb the use of emails, phones etc., then this modern life is just to stressful, I got to stop now as I’ve got a very important email to compose, that I need an answer back by midday, I know I putting someone under stress!

Seems like A to Z didn't plan their launch strategy very well. If cars were unheard of, the publishers of A to Z probably had to wait a long time to get a return on their money.

A bit like Alexander Graham Bell. Great, you invented the telephone mate. Well done. But it's not much use until someone else gets one, is it?
  • Chizz said:

I’m am a Luddite, I got an iPhone 7, iMac, iPod and a iPad, none do I use above 5% of their potential, and all I regularly need to ask the boy something about how to use them. I’m 65 and work in a fairly modern technology using industry.

But have for a long time thought that life was a lot stressful when I first started work, landlines weren’t that common other than at work, email was sent by post and if urgent you got a reply in 5 days. Internet if you were rich was the encyclopaedia Britannia or poor some cheap encyclopaedia. Spell check was your brain or dictionary, Sat Nav was a map or if in London an A to Z, cars were virtually unheard off, housing was supplied by the council, recycling was either the pig man communing round collecting the scraps of food, nothing else was thrown away.

It was a fair less stressful way of life, when you finished work, there was no way your boss could get hold of you, bliss. But was it better? No, less stressful yes, but I couldn’t be communicating with you, my engineers couldn’t dial in and fix a problem, I couldn’t look up the football scores, teams etc. The only problem is that we haven’t learnt to use all this modern technology in way to assist us and not to make our life more stressful, one day I believe we will get there, already I can easily work from home, so the need to commute could be greatly reduced, this would relieve some stress, but in my opinion until we curb the use of emails, phones etc., then this modern life is just to stressful, I got to stop now as I’ve got a very important email to compose, that I need an answer back by midday, I know I putting someone under stress!

Seems like A to Z didn't plan their launch strategy very well. If cars were unheard of, the publishers of A to Z probably had to wait a long time to get a return on their money.

A bit like Alexander Graham Bell. Great, you invented the telephone mate. Well done. But it's not much use until someone else gets one, is it?
    There’s are of course those wonderful things called legs, that admittedly are more or less redundant nowadays, but combined with the train, buses and the underground system and hey, A to Z are useful. :-).

When I said cars were virtually unheard of course the rich had them, but company cars and normal people who were blue collar rarely had them, in our road comprising of around 60 house there were two and one of these a a Messerschmitt three wheeler which calling it a car was a bit of an exaggeration.
  • The fax machine was invented before the telephone, not many people know that.
  • Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again :smile:
  • edited September 2018
    Riviera said:

Appreciate it !

No. Just leaving the bar sobering up seemed to clear it.
  • Riviera said:

Appreciate it !

No. Just leaving the bar deleting all of my Frankie seemed to clear it.
  • edited September 2018
    cafcfan said:

Are you 100% sure about that?

https://www.partyrama.co.uk/themes/totally-80s-party-supplies/

https://www.quora.com/Do-many-women-in-their-50s-like-to-date-guys-in-their-30s

• Riviera said:

cafcfan said:

Are you 100% sure about that?

https://www.partyrama.co.uk/themes/totally-80s-party-supplies/

https://www.quora.com/Do-many-women-in-their-50s-like-to-date-guys-in-their-30s

Yes. In the second example you linked the apostrophe is merely otiose. In the first it is being used in connection with various decades. In those instances, an apostrophe could well be used but should be before the figures (to demonstrate that the 19 is missing, for example, '80s would be good. 80's most certainly isn't). Whoever runs Partyrama should be put up against a wall and shot. But you knew that didn't you? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Not convinced. Too much snobbery around apostrophe's... 😉