Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Campo to Charlton?

Mail reports CAFC and Ipswich close to swapping Campo and Ambrose.
Ambrose out...ABOUT TIME
Campo in......BIT DODGY

Comments

• Mail often talks crap but I'd take this.

DA flatters to deceive and IC is a leader of men. He is more about leadership than anything else and we badly need some of that right now
  • Campo for an hour at the Valley this season controlled things, very short term fix though.
  • They said the same thing on Talksport this morning.
  • i'd be happy with that crackin sweeper IMHO
  • edited October 2008
    Campo....probably past his best but knows his way around a football pitch and all the 'short cuts'.......oh and nice hair too!
    Incidently...if this goes ahead, I assume it won't be until in the January window?
  • id be delighted with this... for some reason i think this would make hudson step up a touch too....
  • I would welcome this. A player who could sit in front of the back 4, spray passes around and would allow Bailey to get forward and score a few goals
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I would welcome this. A player who could sit in front of the back 4, spray passes around and would allow Bailey to get forward and score a few goals

Sounds good in theory VM....but we've been here before many times over the years haven't we?
  • My question is why do Ipswich want to get rid?
  • [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]My question is why do Ipswich want to get rid?

Because he and Magilton have fallen out
  • Sponsored links:

• unsure on this one
  • So no discussion as to why we would want rid of Ambrose.....well not really necessary is it.
  • It's pretty obvious that Ambrose will be playing for Ipswich next season, one way or another. So I guess we just have to do the deal that benefits us the most. This has to be better than just letting him walk for nothing at the end of the season. Personally, I will miss Ambrose. He's got so much talent but has rarely shown himself to be a key player. A combination of injuries, bad luck, being played out of position & maybe not being physically strong enough. I really don't know, but I think he will really shine back at Ipswich.
  • what the guy from the last of the summer wine ??? fair swap.
  • Whats he worth, we are lucky to get any compo at all for him.

To compensate for fluctuating performances.
  • [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Whats he worth, we are lucky to get any compo at all for him.

To compensate for fluctuating performances.

Compo ...Campo...what's in a name!
  • Matt Holland is better.

And cheaper.
  • Not 100% sure on this one? Good player, but his wage demands must be higher than Sharons?

Plus, is there enough room in midfield for that size of barnet?!
  • thought Campo was very good playing against us albeit a bit static.

No too worried about losing Ambrose as he is wasted on the wing and rarely gets played up front where he is effective. Still think he is a good player who gets a fair number of goals and assists. He's also out of contract next July so would be leaving on a free anyway if not sold.

Let's see it true or not.
  • Can't we keep Ambrose and sign Campo?
  • Sponsored links:

• What could happen, of course, is Campo comes to Charlton on loan, and Ambrose gets borrowed by Ipswich.
    And if all goes well, the transfers are made permanent in January.
  • Isn't he injured?

Oh well, someone for Primus to chat to at the training ground!
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I would welcome this. A player who could sit in front of the back 4, spray passes around and would allow Bailey to get forward and score a few goals

Sounds good in theory VM....but we've been here before many times over the years haven't we?

Campo's different gravy though, IMHO. You don't get to play for Real Madrid unless you're a half decent player. He can read the game very well and that's what we need.
  • if Ambrose does go to Ipswich then thank god we have already played them home and away, otherise I am sure he would score in both games against us.
  • ha ha Kap you kow its true
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]if Ambrose does go to Ipswich then thank god we have already played them home and away, otherise I am sure he would score in both games against us.

True but would he celebrate the goals?
  • edited October 2008
    Yep!
  • Campo player manager
  • would,nt be advserse to this swap - although Ambrose will score you 6 or 8 in a season he is a bit lightweight and goeas mising in games, so much so I forgot he was playing in the last 2 !

Campo was different class last month at the Valley - if he could do that for us for the rest of the season i'll be happy
  • Doesn't make much sense to me. Campo played well against us, but from what i can gather, that is the only time he has played well. Very much seem in the twighlight of his career, and struggling fitness wise.

Have no problem with Ambrose going, just not sure Campo (or any other centre mid) is what is needed at present. Counago or Danny Haynes would be much more appealing.