Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton & Woolwich Free Film Festival 2018

Just a reminder that the 3rd Charlton & Woolwich Free Film Festival starts this Friday, 7th September and runs until Saturday 15th September with a wide range of screenings across many venues in SE7 and SE18. Highlight (for me) is a screening of the 2017 production of Journeys End at Charlton House on Tuesday 11th September, doors open 6:30 with the film being shown at 7:30. The film will be introduced by our own @SE7toSG3 who will tell us something of the real life events behind the film and how veterans at the time felt about RC Sherriff’s work. It’s a free event (donations afterwards welcomed but not compulsory) and there will also be a bar and refreshments available.

Weblink to the festival https://www.freefilmfestivals.org/filmfestival/charlton/

Comments

• Options
    Will be introducing This Is Spinal Tap at the White Swan Sunday 9th for Deserter.

Looking forward to Young Frankenstein at Severndroog Castle on the 14th too, though also tempted by The Dish at Charlton House on the same evening.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

Just a reminder that the 3rd Charlton & Woolwich Free Film Festival starts this Friday, 7th September and runs until Saturday 15th September with a wide range of screenings across many venues in SE7 and SE18. Highlight (for me) is a screening of the 2017 production of Journeys End at Charlton House on Tuesday 11th September, doors open 6:30 with the film being shown at 7:30. The film will be introduced by our own @SE7toSG3 who will tell us something of the real life events behind the film and how veterans at the time felt about RC Sherriff’s work. It’s a free event (donations afterwards welcomed but not compulsory) and there will also be a bar and refreshments available.

Weblink to the festival https://www.freefilmfestivals.org/filmfestival/charlton/

My relative is one of the main actors in the film mentioned, may pop down and watch it. Still not seen it anyway, so any excuse. Cheers for the heads up!
  • Options

Tom_Hovi said:

My relative is one of the main actors in the film mentioned, may pop down and watch it. Still not seen it anyway, so any excuse. Cheers for the heads up!
    Pleasure-it’s a great film so please come along. Who’s your relative in the film if you don’t mind me asking?