Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend v Charlton 1-9-2018 post match views

Well, three points and a lot of sendings off.

Over to you.

Comments

• Well at least we've got 2 loan signings to cover a 3 match ban for Fosu - but I've a feeling that was not the master plan!
  • N01R4M said:

Well at least we've got 2 loan signings to cover a 3 match ban for Fosu - but I've a feeling that was not the master plan!

Its a shame as he looked bloody dangerous (no puns intended) when he came on... Was a real threat when on the ball
  • Turning point?
  • Glad we came back there as a draw would have started to look like relegation form. We've still not properly beaten a team though. Both our wins have been squeaked 2-1 wins with late winners, and we can't keep surviving by the seat our our collective red pants. Still, that end to the game was hilarious and I can only hope we were trying 35 yarders just to see if the left back in goal knew what he was doing. Good to see Igor back but I would have liked him on a bit earlier.
  • So, what the hell happened in injury time?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

Glad we came back there as a draw would have started to look like relegation form. We've still not properly beaten a team though. Both our wins have been squeaked 2-1 wins with late winners, and we can't keep surviving by the seat our our collective red pants. Still, that end to the game was hilarious and I can only hope we were trying 35 yarders just to see if the left back in goal knew what he was doing. Good to see Igor back but I would have liked him on a bit earlier.

We weren't and I was going absolutely apoplectic. Especially when we had a free kick ~25 yards from goal.

Other than that the end of the game was absolutely bloody brilliant.
  • SDAddick said:

Glad we came back there as a draw would have started to look like relegation form. We've still not properly beaten a team though. Both our wins have been squeaked 2-1 wins with late winners, and we can't keep surviving by the seat our our collective red pants. Still, that end to the game was hilarious and I can only hope we were trying 35 yarders just to see if the left back in goal knew what he was doing. Good to see Igor back but I would have liked him on a bit earlier.

We weren't and I was going absolutely apoplectic. Especially when we had a free kick ~25 yards from goal.
    Yeah likewise... 3-1 could easily have become 2-2 yet they could have at least had a shot at goal from the FK that they won!!
  • SDAddick said:

Yeah likewise... 3-1 could easily have become 2-2 yet they could have at least had a shot at goal from the FK that they won!!
    I was too caught up in the fight to follow the match thread but it's great fun going back through it now.

On your comment about Demitrou, there's a part of me that is begrudgingly admirant of him. I mean he committed a good 7-8 bookable offenses and still stayed on the pitch. That does require some, er, skill? it requires something.
  • Macronate said:

Absolutely delighted to get one over our old nasty manager.

Would have loved seeing Chris Powell during the whole fight...

Was probably offering Bowyer his last packet of herbal tea whilst reminising with Jackson over our title winning season, the nice bastard
    Whilst reminding everyone around him to make sure they get themselves checked for prostate cancer. Cancer has no team colours, it affects us all.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I was too caught up in the fight to follow the match thread but it's great fun going back through it now.

On your comment about Demitrou, there's a part of me that is begrudgingly admirant of him. I mean he committed a good 7-8 bookable offenses and still stayed on the pitch. That does require some, er, skill? it requires something.
    Its a shame as his first foul was (I felt) handled well by the referee by just talking to him, yet then booked Pearce and Pratley, the latter probably no worse than Demetriou's first challenge
  • Damn... did all the drinking pre game...
  • Sponsored links:

• I doff my hat to Steve Gallen or whoever scouted bringing in Krystian Bielek. The guy is not a league 1 player

I thought he was one of our worst players today and managed to redeem himself with the goal

His efforts against Peterborough and Fleetwood certainly confirm your comments though and imagine this was just an off day for him
  • Was so sure the ref missed the keeper punching george.

WTF was he doing punching George