Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton Town tickets to go on restricted sale this morning [28/8/18]

An allocation of 1032 tickets go on sale this morning as follows.
Tuesday, August 28th (Phase one): Supporters with 250 loyalty points who are also Valley Gold members
Wednesday, August 29th (Phase two): Supporters with 230 loyalty points who are also Valley Gold members
Friday, August 31st (Phase three): Supporters with 230 loyalty points or Valley Gold members
Monday, September 3rd (Phase four): General sale
Prices as follows [a complete rip off,for anybody who has visited Kenilworth Road]
Adult £26
Over 65 £21
Under 22 £21
Over 75 £18
Under 17 £11
Under 10 £8

Valley Away will be running a service to Kenilworth Road, priced at £16. Information on pick-up times and locations can be found below.

Larkfield: 8.45am

Gravesend: 9.10am

Dartford: 9.25am

Bexleyheath: 9.40am

Bromley: 10.10am

Eltham: 10.30am

Charlton: 10.45am

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b813cfc67155/luton-town-clash-to-go-on-restricted-sale-on-tuesday-morning

Comments

• Hmm, a horrible away end, but it's been 20 years since I was last there

You'd have to be desperate to take the coach. Leaving Dartford at 9:25 for a 3pm kickoff? That's 5 1/2 hours before kickoff!!!!!!! Or 4 1/4 hours to get there from Charlton?
  • The last time we played there was for the cup game in 2007, this game will sell out very quickly.

• Would we get more if this sold out early?
  • Croydon said:

Would we get more if this sold out early?

I doubt it, Luton's capacity is only just over 10000, when potentially they can be a much bigger club

Indeed they and MKD ought to swap grounds!
  • 26 quid for Luton??!!
  • edited August 2018
    hoping these make general as one of a handful i need to tick off in this league, sods law it wont meaning ill remain stuck on 55 :(

equally we are the club that fail to sell out millwall ( under 4 miles away ) and gillingham ( a 30 min train journey )
  • Been to Luton a few times, think i'll give this one a swerve, thanks for producing prices Clive , i agree it is a bit of a rip off.
  • The last time we played there was for the cup game in 2007, this game will sell out very quickly.

2010*
  • Is there any point in this new loyalty scheme? I believe it was designed to reward regular away travellers who are not st holders.

The way they are running this, those people will never catch up with a ST holder and have no advantage over general sale.

Do we know if/how points are rolled over into following years?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there any point in this new loyalty scheme? I believe it was designed to reward regular away travellers who are not st holders.

The way they are running this, those people will never catch up with a ST holder and have no advantage over general sale.

it seems the same as previous season regarding points etc

phase 1.) st who are vg holders and attended 2 away games
    phase 2.) st who are vg holders
    phase 3.) st holders
    phase 4.) general sale

as st are awarded 230 loyalty points at the start of the season it is impossible to catch up with them this season but do not know how it will continue for future seasons, having a text about through pals etc, seems a lot are going to this one and we will likely sell out.

as of this morning 106 tickets have been sold.

I assume it will be rolled over into next year. It would have been nice if last year's away tickets were included, but I imagine the different ticket system (and the shambolic) data would make that very difficult to do.

From the point of view of ST holders they would counter that they OUGHT to be given high priority. Maybe after a few games there will be a phase before general sale for people who have 50 points (or whatever).

I assume it will be rolled over into next year. It would have been nice if last year's away tickets were included, but I imagine the different ticket system (and the shambolic) data would make that very difficult to do.

From the point of view of ST holders they would counter that they OUGHT to be given high priority. Maybe after a few games there will be a phase before general sale for people who have 50 points (or whatever).

Is there any point in this new loyalty scheme? I believe it was designed to reward regular away travellers who are not st holders.

i also hope there will be a break once a few games have been played - the only concern is if st get another 230 points next year you will constantly be playing catch up - although i understand those that pay into the club itself should be given priority.
  • Think they segregate the away end so we won’t get the full end which must be 1500 ish

Been to Luton quite a few times but it’s easy enough by car or train so might go if they go to general sale

Those coach times always make me laugh - 8.45 from Kent for Luton away
  • Think they segregate the away end so we won’t get the full end which must be 1500 ish

Been to Luton quite a few times but it’s easy enough by car or train so might go if they go to general sale

Coach being the operative word to the times of departure.
  • alicwkd said:

26 quid for Luton??!!

That is a piss take on three counts.

1. It's league one football
    2. The ground is a shithole
    3. Luton is a shithole
  • sorted, never been with Charlton went with Southend supporting friend back in 2001.
  • Just got my 2.

I've not got my loyalty points for Southend yet - assume these are added after the game has taken place rather than at the purchase of a ticket?
  • Croydon said:

Just got my 2.

I've not got my loyalty points for Southend yet - assume these are added after the game has taken place rather than at the purchase of a ticket?

yeah that's what happened for me with Accrington.

You'd have to be desperate to take the coach. Leaving Dartford at 9:25 for a 3pm kickoff? That's 5 1/2 hours before kickoff!!!!!!! Or 4 1/4 hours to get there from Charlton?

Used to be the big open end, never been so cold at a football match, early 80's just before Christmas and flood light failure to boot and we lost 3-0.....not for the first time up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a shithole of a place. Never again
  • if anyone isn't going and wants to do a turn for a witty poster - i am after 2 :smile:
  • if anyone isn't going and wants to do a turn for a witty poster - i am after 2 :smile:

can sort you 1 on the next phase if you're still in need mate, just give me a shout
  • Croydon said:

if anyone isn't going and wants to do a turn for a witty poster - i am after 2 :smile:

can sort you 1 on the next phase if you're still in need mate, just give me a shout
    much appreciated mate will keep it in mind cheers
  • Croydon said:

if anyone isn't going and wants to do a turn for a witty poster - i am after 2 :smile:

much appreciated mate will keep it in mind cheers
    Who is this witty poster you are buying for? :smiley:

The way the M25 is that's probably a sensible time....better to go by train.
  • edited August 2018
    although the dates on here are correct on the website they are completely wrong

as they have it

phase 1 - sept 4th ( the actual date they go on general sale )
    phase 2 - sept 5th
    phase 3 - sept 7th
    phase 4 - sept 11th

shame if you follow the info on website could well end up missing out.
  • not for me ..

Used to be the big open end, never been so cold at a football match, early 80's just before Christmas and flood light failure to boot and we lost 3-0.....not for the first time up there.
    Yes, I remember that game. It was so cold I couldn't watch the game & retreated to the concourse below.

Mind you it was better than the 7-0 there or was it 7-1 ?
  • edited August 2018

Hmm, a horrible away end, but it's been 20 years since I was last there

Yes, I remember that game. It was so cold I couldn't watch the game & retreated to the concourse below.

Mind you it was better than the 7-0 there or was it 7-1 ?
    Also sure it was the one where a bit of "terrace foxtrot" broke out in the away end... Sure it is because my abiding memory was of being deathly cold AND pissed off we lost, as opposed to mainly being pissed off most of the time.

The 7-1 I missed, thanks God!