Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Radio 1 Breakfast Show

Nick Grimshaw moving to mid afternoon and Greg James taking over the breakfast show. Good move, Greg's show has always been very entertaining.

Comments

• Only a shame that just as the Simon Mayo Drivetime show has been ruined, Greg James is moving too.

Journeys home will have a lot less decent choice, unless Radio 2 change hheir mind about the Mayo/Whiley show before September.

Greg James is better than Nick Grimshaw and Chris Evans though so good for the mornings.
  • Will leave this one to the 15-29 target audience.

Have not listened to Grimmy but thought he was ok on his one series on xfactor
  • He's best person for it. Only presenter on R1 that I actually like and is entertaining (without being annoying). Good move for all especially seeing how awfully Grimshaw did in terms of listeners dropped.
  • Only a shame that just as the Simon Mayo Drivetime show has been ruined, Greg James is moving too.

Journeys home will have a lot less decent choice, unless Radio 2 change their mind about the Mayo/Whiley show before September.

Greg James is better than Nick Grimshaw and Chris Evans though so good for the mornings.

Tonight's is a shocker. Simply no chemistry between them. The slickest 2 hours of radio is now the most disjointed 3 hours.
  • Riviera said:

Only a shame that just as the Simon Mayo Drivetime show has been ruined, Greg James is moving too.

Journeys home will have a lot less decent choice, unless Radio 2 change their mind about the Mayo/Whiley show before September.

Tonight's is a shocker. Simply no chemistry between them. The slickest 2 hours of radio is now the most disjointed 3 hours.
    Agreed, it's awkward to listen to it - he sounds thoroughly dejected, she sounds huffy, and the new features are boring.
  • Greg’s first breakfast show starting in a few hours.
  • Always good to look at a list at times like this.

• Never really listened to Radio 1& especially not the breakfast show. As a kid growing up parents had radio 2 on in the morning (John Dunn or Terry Wogan) & as started secondary school I started listening to Capital & only listened to Radio 1 on a sunday evening for the chart run down (as per the universe). Was great when Virgin Radio launched in the early 90's as their "strap line" was new music & classic album tracks.......but dropped this after a few years.

Now its Radio 2 mainly, but if in the car I channel hop.
  • Sponsored links:

• more interested in what's happening to the 6Music line up in January
  • Did Bruno Brookes do breakfast.

Yes, Bruno Brookes does a brilliant bacon bap
  • Radio 1 died years ago when Nick grimshaw was given the breakfast show. If if want a good station switch to radio x

......but just not when that bell Johnny Vaughan is on.
    Can't describe how much I agree with this. Cant stand the guy. He doesn't even know much about the music he plays.
  • Never really l

Did Bruno Brookes do breakfast.

only if you sleep with him first.....
  • Radio 1 died years ago when Nick grimshaw was given the breakfast show. If if want a good station switch to radio x

If you hate music but love the sound of Moyles voice.
  • Always good to look at a list at times like this.

I feel blessed that I didn't start listening to radio in the morning until 1981, and hence missed DLT...
  • Journey home always takes longer than getting to work, which means more of Grimshaw. Time to improve my CD collection and download some podcasts!
  • edited August 2018
    Havent listened to radio 1 since mark and lard (though Sara Cox made for a good alarm). Radio 5 live or absolute for me
  • McBobbin said:

Havent listened to radio 1 since mark and lard (though Sara Cox made for a good alarm). Radio 5 live or absolute for me

I was at the age to "move on" anyway, but Chris Moyles was the push I needed...
  • Did Bruno Brookes do breakfast.

Didn't he do the early show (pre breakfast?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Nick Grimshaw moving to mid afternoon and Greg James taking over the breakfast show. Good move, Greg's show has always been very entertaining.

Only noticed this today, thank feck grimmy is gone. Much prefer Greg's show.
  • I left Radio1 when Noel Edmonds was doing breakfast and switched to Capital Radio 194. Graham Deane, Michael Aspel, Dave Cash, Roger Scott was the daily line up from 6am-7pm. Good evening shows with Nicky Horne and The Kid!
  • Danny Baker best breakfast show presenter on 5 Live- yonks ago.
  • edited August 2018
    Grimshaw gives me a headache. That and he’s constantly name dropping his celeb mates. Glad he’s been booted, Greg James is the only radio 1 presenter that doesn’t make me want to pull my brain out through my ear with a spoon.
  • edited August 2018
    Riviera said:

Only a shame that just as the Simon Mayo Drivetime show has been ruined, Greg James is moving too.

Not sure how their show has progressed but I listened when they had their first show and they had zero zero chemistry. Sometimes it can work like Edith bowman and Colin Murray had one of the best chemistry on the radio growing up with the early afternoon show. But whiley and Mayo, it’s like the two are nice people but clearly don’t rate each other professionally and personally and have zero in common.
  • Do yourselves all a favour and listen to some good music with good presenters on 6music
  • Riviera said:

Not sure how their show has progressed but I listened when they had their first show and they had zero zero chemistry. Sometimes it can work like Edith bowman and Colin Murray had one of the best chemistry on the radio growing up with the early afternoon show. But whiley and Mayo, it’s like the two are nice people but clearly don’t rate each other professionally and personally and have zero in common.
    AGGHHHHHH!!!!
  • Riviera said:

Jo Whiley’s shows have always been dull as ditch water, even just the odd 5 minutes I would hear when tuning in for Mark and Lard used to my swede. She’s an irrational hatred of mine. Have stopped listening to the confessions podcast because of it.