Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's your favourite not compulsory optional child baring entity (girl) name in song titles

Mine is RUBY

1. Ruby my dear - Thelonious Munk
2. Ruby Baby - Donald Fagen
3. Ruby Tuesday - Stones

Comments

• It's not in the title but Alison - Elvis Costello 'my aim is true'
  • Plaistow Patricia
  • edited August 2018
    That would depend on whether or not you categorise boys and girls as having name sets to choose from.

Being the proggressive type that I am, I prefer not to limit names to a specific sex or gender otherwise it brings out a subconscious masculine bias that is prominent in most cisgendered people.

FWIW, mine is Eleanour.
  • Angie (Rolling Stones)
  • Carrie Anne, the hollies. Not certain why?
  • That would depend on whether or not you categorise boys and girls as having name sets to choose from.

Being the proggressive type that I am, I prefer not to limit names to a specific sex or gender otherwise it brings out a subconscious masculine bias that is prominent in most cisgendered people.

FWIW, mine is Eleanour.

Surely Lola would be appropriate, and in keeping with the politically correct transgender narrative.

Being less progressive (one 'g') my choice would be Maggie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Victoria - The Kinks
  • bobmunro said:

That would depend on whether or not you categorise boys and girls as having name sets to choose from.

FWIW, mine is Eleanour.

Surely Lola would be appropriate, and in keeping with the politically correct transgender narrative.

So long as the thread title is changed to remove the word 'girl' then I'm right with you, @bobmunro
  • Mine is RUBY

3. Ruby Tuesday - Stones

Surprised you didn't mention Ruby by The Kaiser Chiefs - she gets a lot of mentions in that one!

Anyway, quite keen on Valarie, first from Zappa's cover of the Jackie and the Starlites doo wop song and then again from The Zutons (different spelling, different song) Valerie covered by Amy Winehouse too.
  • Lola's Theme.
  • Suzette - Herb Black
  • edited August 2018

It's not in the title but Alison - Elvis Costello 'my aim is true'

The song is called Alison, the first album was My Aim is True, a lyric from the song.

Great song by the way.
  • Fucking Ada - Ian Drury
  • Yellow Submarine.
  • Caroline
  • Nicole - Ash. Though I'm not sure I understand the question...
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

FWIW, mine is Eleanour.

He's a Millwall fan, it's a cross between progressive and aggressive.
  • Sweaty Betty - Macc Lads
  • McBobbin said:

Nicole - Ash. Though I'm not sure I understand the question...

I think the edited title allows me to add Babette which was once a Great Dane called Duke.
  • bobmunro said:

FWIW, mine is Eleanour.

He's a Millwall fan, it's a cross between progressive and aggressive.
    I can also be submissive, if you play your cards right.
  • Lovely RITA meter maid.
  • "So MARY climb in, it's a town full of losers, we're pulling out of here to win"
  • Lovely RITA meter maid.

Somehow I find it hard to picture Rita voting 'Yes' in any sort of referendum. (Maybe a Brexit one...?)
  • cafcfan said:

Mine is RUBY

3. Ruby Tuesday - Stones

Surprised you didn't mention Ruby by The Kaiser Chiefs - she gets a lot of mentions in that one!

Anyway, quite keen on Valarie, first from Zappa's cover of the Jackie and the Starlites doo wop song and then again from The Zutons (different spelling, different song) Valerie covered by Amy Winehouse too.
    Also

Kenny Rogers - Ruby (don't take your love to town)