Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• DOC64 said:

So pleased for Albie and the Morgan family. Remember seeing Albie as an under 9 and was impressed then by how well he struck a ball.

Hopefully the first of many league appearances for him.

Is he a Charlton fan like George Lapslie do you know?
  • edited August 2018
    Wouldn't like to say, but two boys in the academy from age 7 and thousands upon thousands of hours of commitment. One thing for sure is that the Morgan's are a fantastic family who are very devoted to their sons doing well at Charlton. Albie's younger brother Franky is an Under 17. Not ure if still at the academy, but hopefully is.
  • Shush... Roland will have em priced up and on ebay!
  • In terms of position Albie seems suited to the position just behind the forwards, or left side midfield. He is good central and advanced where it can be a bit frantic, but he has the knack of creating just enough space and time.
    I think @bolloxbolder makes a good point linking Morgan to Taylor Maloney, but at the moment Morgan seems physically stronger.
  • Great to give the youngsters a go but they are being picked not for ability but because there is no one else, the only downside to us winning is it makes Roland’s point look valId - we don’t need anyone else
  • Shush... Roland will have em priced up and on ebay!

Exactly. Whilst it's obviously great to see young players coming through to the first team and doing well, it's hard to get too excited about them whilst we have that **** as an owner, because any half decent young player doing well in our first team will be gone inside 2 seasons
  • Copied over from my Post Match Review

Felt he was thrown in slightly early but his delivery was 10x better than Marshall's and showed some good touches, will be one to watch as the season progresses

Could be that he was told to go on and play a free role (which made him look as though he was a bit headless chicken at times) yet certainly harried and pressured their players on the ball - I hope that we play Lapslie | Maloney | Morgan on Tuesday night

Bow said it will be mainly U23's Tuesday night apart from Ajose. Mentioned that Djksteel, Morgan and Maloney will play but not Lapslie. So looks like we're taking the fine after all
  • Ferryman said:

Copied over from my Post Match Review

Felt he was thrown in slightly early but his delivery was 10x better than Marshall's and showed some good touches, will be one to watch as the season progresses

Could be that he was told to go on and play a free role (which made him look as though he was a bit headless chicken at times) yet certainly harried and pressured their players on the ball - I hope that we play Lapslie | Maloney | Morgan on Tuesday night

Bow said it will be mainly U23's Tuesday night apart from Ajose. Mentioned that Djksteel, Morgan and Maloney will play but not Lapslie. So looks like we're taking the fine after all
    Dont get fined in the League Cup for fielding an inexperienced team

Think your getting confused with the CheckaTrade Trophy
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

Whatever team we field there won't be much experience due to all the injuries. Youngsters will get a chance whether they like it or not!
  • Ferryman said:

Whatever team we field there won't be much experience due to all the injuries. Youngsters will get a chance whether they like it or not!
    Defence will be the interesting part of the team on Tuesday, wonder if we'll go with something like the below

Steer
    Dijksteel | Sarr | Bauer | Blumberg
    Marshall | Maloney | Morgan | Grant
    Ajose | Hackett-Fairchild

MK Dons have had a good start to their season under Tisdale so be no shame losing to them regardless
  • Ferryman said:

Defence will be the interesting part of the team on Tuesday, wonder if we'll go with something like the below

Steer

MK Dons have had a good start to their season under Tisdale so be no shame losing to them regardless
    Mark Marshall was injured yesterday
  • edited August 2018

Ferryman said:

Steer

Mark Marshall was injured yesterday
    Was that confirmed? - Wasn't sure if he was just taken off because he wasnt having the best of games ... i.e. All Bowyer said was: Second-half we changed things around, brought young Albie (Morgan) on as he’s someone who wants to get on the ball. He’s got a good range of passing and he’s neat and tidy. I changed it around and it worked.
  • I was told he was wearing a protective boot after the game
  • Where was Albie at Sunderland, where his energy and commitment would have been handy, especially in the last 10-15. Was he injured. OR (conspiracy alert) did LB deliberately hide him from view before the transfer window closed?!
  • Where was Albie at Sunderland, where his energy and commitment would have been handy, especially in the last 10-15. Was he injured. OR (conspiracy alert) did LB deliberately hide him from view before the transfer window closed?!

He was out injured with a dead leg I think as didnt take part in the Norwich friendly the week before
  • He never tried to hide, that's for sure, and he was right on the spot when the winner went in.
    Well done for a winning debut.

He is a very young and inexperienced player.
    I suppose caution was the order of the day, I don't think he is on anybody's radar just yet.
  • edited August 2018

Where was Albie at Sunderland, where his energy and commitment would have been handy, especially in the last 10-15. Was he injured. OR (conspiracy alert) did LB deliberately hide him from view before the transfer window closed?!

He started the friendly at home to Norwich, injured just before halftime and replaced for the 2nd half.

Bowyer said that Morgan had only returned to training last Thursday.

• Sponsored links:

• He never tried to hide, that's for sure, and he was right on the spot when the winner went in.
    Well done for a winning debut.

Yep, he's played a part in the goal - some neat footwork to deceive the defender and a chipped pass into the path of Pratley's run and cross.

• Another tiny thing (I don't subscribe to Valley Pass so now rely on snippets) was George and Albie interviewed post match. It was similar to the set up for the George and Taylor Maloney after George had scored his first goal at Crawley. On both occasions George takes pains to be inclusive, previously it was comments about him and Taylor Maloney, and in the half minute snippet I saw from yesterday he does the same again trying to bring a rather distracted looking Albie into it.
    Not a lot, but watching George play and observing that kind of thing makes me think that one of Georges strengths is understanding what a team game football is.
  • seth plum said:

Where was Albie at Sunderland, where his energy and commitment would have been handy, especially in the last 10-15. Was he injured. OR (conspiracy alert) did LB deliberately hide him from view before the transfer window closed?!

He is a very young and inexperienced player.
    I suppose caution was the order of the day, I don't think he is on anybody's radar just yet.
    I think we need to be careful with expectations regarding Albie.
  • Halix said:

Great performance from him... Thought he looks like a mini clive mendonca

Are you mad?, hes a midfielder for a start, a completely different body shape, hes actually three cms taller, plays thirty yards further from the goal, and you can understand what he says.

Thought he played bloody well today mind, as did young Lapsie who reminds me of Richard Rufus.
    No i have a certificate to say i am sane... Do you...
  • Halix said:

Are you mad?, hes a midfielder for a start, a completely different body shape, hes actually three cms taller, plays thirty yards further from the goal, and you can understand what he says.

Thought he played bloody well today mind, as did young Lapsie who reminds me of Richard Rufus.
    Well I am fully prepared to accept your sanity If as you say you have the certificate and t-shirt, I would therefore recommend consulting an optician as an alternative.
  • Halix said:

Halix said:

Well I am fully prepared to accept your sanity If as you say you have the certificate and t-shirt, I would therefore recommend consulting an optician as an alternative.
    You must have Googled the players stats (lol how creepy) and come up with just over an inch in height difference... I know 3cm sounds bigger. And you question my sanity.
  • edited August 2018

Halix said:

Halix said:

You must have Googled the players stats (lol how creepy) and come up with just over an inch in height difference... I know 3cm sounds bigger. And you question my sanity.
    I am a fanatical perfectionist and couldn't accept your shoddy sizest comment.