Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I’ll be 74
  • As long as it's not the Aussies doing the paperwork for us!

No worries about that, they’ll be too busy tryIng to complete the takeover
  • I’ll be 74

Oldie!

I'll only be 73.
  • 2030 will almost definitely go to Uruguay/Argentina to celebrate the centenary of the tournament. I feel the FA are wasting time and money even attempting a bid.

China will probably want to host one by 2038 as well which I'm sure they'll get... so that leaves one tournament available in 2034.
  • edited August 2018
    bobmunro said:

I’ll be 74

Oldie!

I'll only be 73.
    I’ll be 34 :smiley:

2030 will almost definitely go to Uruguay/Argentina to celebrate the centenary of the tournament. I feel the FA are wasting time and money even attempting a bid.

China will probably want to host one by 2038 as well which I'm sure they'll get... so that leaves one tournament available in 2034.

Unfortunately how I see it going. Even with @cabbles great point that I could not agree more with, that there is no other nation in the World more equipped to host a World Cup than England with its stadia, its transport links, its history, culture etc. I just can’t see FIFA agreeing to it, it’s almost like anyone but England so they’d happily have any other bid, that is the impression I get. Too much politics involved unfortunately.
  • Sage said:

bobmunro said:

I’ll be 74

Oldie!

I'll only be 73.

2030 will almost definitely go to Uruguay/Argentina to celebrate the centenary of the tournament. I feel the FA are wasting time and money even attempting a bid.

Unfortunately how I see it going. Even with @cabbles great point that I could not agree more with, that there is no other nation in the World more equipped to host a World Cup than England with its stadia, it’s transport links, it’s history, culture etc. I just can’t see FIFA agreeing to it, it’s almost like anyone but England so they’d happily have any other bid, that is the impression I get. Too much politics involved unfortunately.
    Mate FIFA will find a way to let a Cayman Islands and Bahrain joint bid win through
  • cabbles said:

Sage said:

bobmunro said:

I’ll be 74

Oldie!

I'll only be 73.

Unfortunately how I see it going. Even with @cabbles great point that I could not agree more with, that there is no other nation in the World more equipped to host a World Cup than England with its stadia, it’s transport links, it’s history, culture etc. I just can’t see FIFA agreeing to it, it’s almost like anyone but England so they’d happily have any other bid, that is the impression I get. Too much politics involved unfortunately.
    Mate FIFA will find a way to let a Cayman Islands and Bahrain joint bid win through
    Exactly.. or if it came to it they would think what UEFA is doing with the European Championships as an idea for the World Cup and have no host nation and have the matches spread across whichever continent they choose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

bobmunro said:

I’ll be 74

Oldie!

I'll only be 73.

Exactly.. or if it came to it they would think what UEFA is doing with the European Championships as an idea for the World Cup and have no host nation and have the matches spread across whichever continent they choose.
    I’m also convinced the Qatari government will get Kendall Jenner and Kim Khardashian to present the World Cup to the winning team and let Facebook live stream the final
  • cabbles said:

Sage said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

bobmunro said:

I’ll be 74

Oldie!

I'll only be 73.

I’m also convinced the Qatari government will get Kendall Jenner and Kim Khardashian to present the World Cup to the winning team and let Facebook live stream the final
    Well Kendall Jenner is my age, whereas Kim Khardashian would be 41 by then and well out the limelight I would hope!

It’s almost a given that Facebook will live stream the finals by 2022, it’s going to happen soon enough.
  • Between '58 and' 06, it alternated between Europe and the rest of the world, when it came to host nation(s).
    Apart from 2018, Europe haven't hosted a tournament between 2006 and 2030 (at the earliest, which will be 2034, if Arg/Uru gets 2030.
  • Yes with America/Canada/Mexico getting 2026 there's no way 2030 will go to Argentina/Uruguay especially with 2022 in Qatar no way will three consecutive World Cups be played outside of Europe.

2030 I predict it will be a British hosted World Cup rather than just England which would also be fitting for 100 years of World Cups at the home of football.

If you give 2030 to Argentina/Uruguay you may as well repeat the process every World Cup and just give us it in 2066.
  • There's never been a gap of more than 2 world cups between Europe hosting it, Europe is still the powerhouse of World Football with the top clubs AND a large number of the best national teams, 4 consecutive European winners now. A British WC would be low risk with plenty of profit for FIFA generated

Uruguay may be the sentimental favourite, but in a joint big with Argentina, Argentina would dominate it as the larger country, and they hosted it in 1978, 10 years after we did. I suppose the counter argument is that 2014 was the last South American WC, 4 years before the last European one.
  • I’ll be 74

I’ll be a whippersnapper at 70 :open_mouth:
  • I’ll be 12
  • Yes with America/Canada/Mexico getting 2026 there's no way 2030 will go to Argentina/Uruguay especially with 2022 in Qatar no way will three consecutive World Cups be played outside of Europe.

2030 I predict it will be a British hosted World Cup rather than just England which would also be fitting for 100 years of World Cups at the home of football.

If you give 2030 to Argentina/Uruguay you may as well repeat the process every World Cup and just give us it in 2066.

One is North America, the other is South America though so not like it'll be staying in the same continent and if you put in order where the World Cup has gone since 2010 (Africa | South America | Europe | Asia | North America) it would actually make sense having the competition in Africa or Oceania (New Zealand) for 2030

I think if we were to host it though; 2030 should be a combined British bid to deter the "arrogant" tag that we apparently have... If we try and go it alone then half the Nations in the world will just see as being arrogant in thinking we can host it on our own (without actually realising that we can)
  • 2030 will be a World Cup jointly hosted by 32 small islands scattered around the world with 128 teams competing. The final will be held on one of the Scilly Isles

• Thought I'd bump this thread seeing a few might want to put money on it happening.

Seems there are rumours today of Italy and... Saudi Arabia putting a bid together to co-host in 2030
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst I would love to see it here I really believe we would be wasting our time and money after last week’s behaviour from some of our fellow Englishmen. 
  • Fuck that , unless I’m allowed to cull half the country 
  • Won't be here after the final fuck up.

Maybe 2050 
  • a WC over here would be f**king unreal
  • Thought I'd bump this thread seeing a few might want to put money on it happening.

Seems there are rumours today of Italy and... Saudi Arabia putting a bid together to co-host in 2030
    Saudi Arabia? A country that bestows the death penalty for homosexuals. Forget it.
  •  Not really that bothered as long as we are in it.
  • We won't get to host it again for another 30/40 years as they'll point to this Euros and say you were practically the host country seeing as you had the semis and final, and you had a major tournament in '96 and you can't control your fans anyway.

Most of the bids so far are from groups of countries

Paraguay, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay is one bid

Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria is another

Spain and Portugal another

Romania, Greece, Bulgaria and Serbia also bidding together

GB and Ireland looking to host together

Rumours of a Korea and China bid (even though Asia should be ruled out due to hosting it in 2022, these East Asian countries are arguing the Middle East is in fact a different continent) 

There's also rumours of Cameroon joining forces with other African countries to host it, and Egypt either tying in with the other North African countries or going alone in a bid

• PopIcon said:
    Thought I'd bump this thread seeing a few might want to put money on it happening.

Saudi Arabia? A country that bestows the death penalty for homosexuals. Forget it.
    Formula One dont seem to care... Money talks
  • PopIcon said:
    Thought I'd bump this thread seeing a few might want to put money on it happening.

And their in fast cars 
  • PopIcon said:

And their in fast cars 
    As long as there are no women drivers......