Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kate Bush - Happy Birthday

60 today........ my God, where have the years gone?

Comments

• Scared me there... happy birthday girl
  • Does she still live in Eltham, near royal Blackheath golf club? Court road?
  • DA9 said:

Does she still live in Eltham, near royal Blackheath golf club? Court road?

No, don’t think she’s lived there for a long time, however the house still has “Wuthering Heights” on the gates, bit of a local landmark.
  • Prett sure she's lived in Devon or Cornwall for years.
  • se9addick said:

DA9 said:

No, don’t think she’s lived there for a long time, however the house still has “Wuthering Heights” on the gates, bit of a local landmark.
    Kate did not put those gates in. It was subsequent owners.
  • se9addick said:

DA9 said:

When Kate lived there it was a very secluded house. You could barely see it even when walking past. I saw her once being chauffeur driven into her driveway.

I'm not sure she would approve of the gates there now. Somewhat tacky.
  • MrLargo said:

She wrote Wuthering Heights whilst living at 44 Wickham Road, Brockley. Not a lot of people know that.

I’d heard she wrote while having a cuppa with a neighbour at 46 Wickham Road.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

When I moved from mottingham she was devastated and followed me down to Devon.
  • edited July 2018
  • RedChaser said:

Wow! wow! wow! Unbelievable! :wink:

Her GP Dad Dr Bush had a surgery in Abbey Wood.

He was also a doctor in Bathe Rd Plumstead in the 70’s . I lived on the street when I was a tiny nipper when he was practicing there.
  • MrLargo said:

She wrote Wuthering Heights whilst living at 44 Wickham Road, Brockley. Not a lot of people know that.

But she was still living at 44 Wickham Road at the time. I never said she was at home when she wrote it! My statement would still be correct even if she'd written it whilst standing in the queue at the Esso Garage on Loampit Vale whilst waiting to pay for a Ginsters pasty.
  • se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Ah really, didn’t know that. Love those houses on that part of Court Road, maybe one day I’ll be able to afford one!
  • Kate Bush has the same birthday as Emily Bronte, apparently who died at 30 and was born 200 years ago.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

But she was still living at 44 Wickham Road at the time. I never said she was at home when she wrote it! My statement would still be correct even if she'd written it whilst standing in the queue at the Esso Garage on Loampit Vale whilst waiting to pay for a Ginsters pasty.
    Funnily enough, I remember seeing her eating a Ginsters .... continued page 94
  • Happy Birthday was by Altered Images not Kate Bush....get your 80's tunes right.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

I think Danny Murphy had this house when he was with us.
  • *pretty*

Yes. And a great voice.
  • DA9 said:

I think Danny Murphy had this house when he was with us.
    Did he rename it "Tosser Heights?"
  • RedChaser said:

Wow! wow! wow! Unbelievable! :wink:

Her GP Dad Dr Bush had a surgery in Abbey Wood.

Dr Bush - great name for a pubic hairstylist.
  • Having read this thread, I can't get the song 'The Sensual World' out of my head now. One of my favourite Kate Bush songs.
  • I don't have a kate bush story, anecdote or know any trivia about her.

Sorry to see that. My mother taught Kate gymnastics at St Josephs in Abbey Wood. I don't mind if you want to borrow that anecdote if it makes you feel part of this celebration of Kate.
  • No Kate Bush story, just to say that the Hammersmith Apollo gig from 2014 is the best gig I've ever been to, and nothing will ever top it.
  • Rothko said:

No Kate Bush story, just to say that the Hammersmith Apollo gig from 2014 is the best gig I've ever been to, and nothing will ever top it.

I enjoyed the 2014 gigs but the 1979 show I saw was out of this world. Definetely in my top 5 gigs. Happy birthday Kate.