Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland sell 22k season tickets

An increase on last season. Very impressive

Comments

• Amazing.

That away end is going to feel very empty in a couple of weeks!
  • I wonder if Lyle Taylor is beginning to regret not signing for them.
  • New league syndrome. I still fondly recall the excitement and anticipation I felt on the eve of our first season in League One.

From May onwards all my friends and family talked of nothing else other than impending fixtures against Rochdale and Bury, Walsall and Northampton... not to mention the prospect of the A2 derby against Gillingham that had football conniseuers across Europe looking on in envy.

Quite easy to see how the Mackems are equally excited ahead of their glorious adventure in arguably the best league in world football in terms of competitiveness, quality of football and atmosphere.

Don’t forget to take that tongue out of your cheek, @RodneyCharltonTrotta
  • Essex_Al said:

Nice to see their fans support the team!

Whilst the other 25,000 know the score and do not like being shafted.
  • Essex_Al said:

Nice to see their fans support the team!

It is but it’s worth remembering, they can be very fickle up there. A few years back they were walking out at half time. Fresh start up there supporters, club and owners.
    They should walk this league at the first attempt and maybe like us should never of ended up this low. But that’s what happens when clubs are badly managed.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a cure for that and it's Belgian...
  • Only about 20,000 more than us then :smiley:
  • Get this takeover done ASAP and offer a Jackson five ticket.
  • edited July 2018

Sunderland sell 22k season tickets

That's more than we've sold in total in 4 years under Roland.

• In fact a good spell from squirrel face or roland rat would get that down to 5000 easy!
  • I remember reading somewhere that during their home game agaisnt Chelsea in the 2015-16 season, the ref, for the first time in his career, couldn't hear his assistants through earpiece because of the noise the Sunderland fans created in the stadium. (It was a wonderful comeback win over Chelsea) Their fans do seem extremely passionate.
  • Sponsored links:

• They have a 48000 seater stadium, so there will still be 20-25000 empty seats each match!
  • They have a 48000 seater stadium, so there will still be 20-25000 empty seats each match!

About the same amount of empty seats as ours