Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Norwich - friendly 28/7/18

Just bought tickets for this and noticed on stadium plan tickets are only being sold in lower west.

Surprised the expected turnout is so low. Seem to recall normally the lower covered end usually open too for pre seasons but maybe imagining it?

Comments

• Interest in PSF's has been waning for years and attendances under roly's toxic tenure have declined dramatically. There's no need for more of the ground to be opened up.
    If reliable evidence emerges that roly's sold lock, stock and barrel before about Thursday 26th then the attendance might start to swell. 'Til the tombstone toothed twunt is history, The Valley will remain a very quiet place, even on match days.
  • They are better off playing it at Goals in Bexleyheath.

Just been trying to work out the last home PSF I went to - Clive Mendonca Benefit game v Nijmegen
  • Just bought tickets for this and noticed on stadium plan tickets are only being sold in lower west.

Surprised the expected turnout is so low. Seem to recall normally the lower covered end usually open too for pre seasons but maybe imagining it?

Why are you surprised the turnout is going to be low, I reckon they will closing stands for league games soon as well as meaningless friendly's.
  • Thread should be renamed “Norwich friendly and super-secret announcement”, that way at least they might sell some more tickets....
    Oh no, the stupid booking fee will probably put paid to that...
  • edited July 2018
    Sorry SHG, thought it was more like waiting for a takeover to take place :smiley:
  • I read that as ‘if you squirt’

• Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Sorry SHG, thought it was more like waiting for a takeover to take place :smiley:

Takeover?
  • I used to love going to preseason friendlies, you name it, I planned my holiday around it, unfortunately our friend overseas, has quelled something I used to enjoy, so he can jolly well do one.
  • Just bought tickets for this and noticed on stadium plan tickets are only being sold in lower west.

Well the total fuck knuckle that everyone hates, hasnt left... it's very simple mate...
  • Interest in PSF's has been waning for years and attendances under roly's toxic tenure have declined dramatically. There's no need for more of the ground to be opened up.
    If reliable evidence emerges that roly's sold lock, stock and barrel before about Thursday 26th then the attendance might start to swell. 'Til the tombstone toothed twunt is history, The Valley will remain a very quiet place, even on match days.

I’m thinking Paris St who? Francis? and wondering who they are and what they’ve got to do with us v Norwich?
  • I have never been to a home friendly match before and I don’t think I will probably ever will.

• I used to love going to preseason friendlies, you name it, I planned my holiday around it, unfortunately our friend overseas, has quelled something I used to enjoy, so he can jolly well do one.

Totally agree with this. Will be the first time in 15 years I haven't been to a single PSF. Normally really enjoy the pre-season build up to the excitement of the first game. Like to see all the new signings (huh!) but am losing interest rapidly.
  • Sir Matt Tees if you please.
  • Sir Matt Tees if you please.

Me (when I was a kid): "Dad, why is he called Matt?"

"Because he's always on the floor, son"

• Sponsored links:

• There will be barely over 1K at this.
  • Oggy Red said:

Sir Matt Tees if you please.

Best header of a ball I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
    100%
  • Sad state of affairs. Roll on the takeover.
  • I remember the days when Tees played. There was nothing like a Matt finish.
    Agreed. There was nothing like a Matt finish

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BF4bUECYSWY

• Mars bars beanno' s and Ray Treacy.
    Those were the days indeed
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

100%
    I think I agree with this but Ron Saunders ran him a very close second.

• edited July 2018

Mars bars beanno' s and Ray Treacy.
    Those were the days indeed

We used to sing that on the Valley Away coach about 1971/2. Or maybe it was Lewises, I can't remember exactly now. lol
    Saturday morning pickup at Eltham Church; we always bought the Beano and a couple of Mars Bars for breakfast.