Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Checkatrade Trophy (Pg 4 - 2018/19 draw)

Comments

• Dansk_Red said:

Attendance was 9444.

more than at the Swansea v Notts County FA Cup replay.
  • quite a few Chelsea there as well
  • edited July 2018
    We’ve been drawn with AFC Wimbledon and Stevenage into southern Group G for this year’s competition, with one “invited” u21 team that will be drawn next week.
  • LouisMend said:

We’ve been drawn with AFC Wimbledon and Stevenage into southern Group G for this year’s competition, with one “invited” u21 team that will be drawn next week.

Wankiest competition of all time
    Your joking.
    Elfs would rather we win the checkatrade than England win a world cup final
  • LouisMend said:

why don't they draw them at the same time?
  • LouisMend said:

Premier league has to be done at a different time so they can show how prestigious they are.
  • LouisMend said:

To heighten the excitement, just like we do with the new kit every season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this Arsenal's first year in the Competition?
  • Buzzing for this. All together now:

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming
    The Check-A-Trade Trophy's coming home!
  • clb74 said:

LouisMend said:

Wankiest competition of all time
    Your joking.
    Elfs would rather we win the checkatrade than England win a world cup final
    I stand(not very highly) by that comment.
  • I forgot about this beauty of a competition, is it still going this season, or has it been binned yet?

Spoke to a old school Chelsea fan on holiday about the Checkatrade trophy, he said what the heck is that!
  • Sorry if I'm being thick but has the full now taken place & if so who did we get as the invited team ??
  • Sorry if I'm being thick but has the full now taken place & if so who did we get as the invited team ??

No that's next week. When next week? I have no idea.

No that's next week. When next week? I have no idea.
    Just before the takeover announcement.
  • Scoham said:
    Southampton U21s will be prevented from being drawn with Portsmouth, and Newcastle United U21s will avoid Sunderland in Round One, as the EFL has committed to work in conjunction with the police to avoid high-profile clashes in the Group Stages.
    That's bizarre. The EFL and Police working together to ensure no matches where there might be some public interest!

And if the Police can't cope with Sunderland vs Newcastle U21s, god help them if the first teams meet in the FA Cup!

Unbelievable, I mean I know the rivalry but seriously, just how many would turn up anyway? As someone has already posted, this has got to be the most senseless, pointless competition EVER !
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

Scoham said:
    Southampton U21s will be prevented from being drawn with Portsmouth, and Newcastle United U21s will avoid Sunderland in Round One, as the EFL has committed to work in conjunction with the police to avoid high-profile clashes in the Group Stages.
    That's bizarre. The EFL and Police working together to ensure no matches where there might be some public interest!

And if the Police can't cope with Sunderland vs Newcastle U21s, god help them if the first teams meet in the FA Cup!
    Unbelievable, I mean I know the rivalry but seriously, just how many would turn up anyway? As someone has already posted, this has got to be the most senseless, pointless competition EVER !

I went to the spanners away game in '93 for the Anglo-Italian, that was pretty s*** as well.
  • addick05 said:

Scoham said:

I went to the spanners away game in '93 for the Anglo-Italian, that was pretty s*** as well.

It was a chance to visit their new ground though, and without the usual aggro...
  • addick05 said:

Scoham said:

It was a chance to visit their new ground though, and without the usual aggro...

Apart from seeing Charlton fans being spat at.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44871247

This cannot be a random draw, look at the teams in each group, all can be described as 'local' before the U21s team is added, eg Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Yeovil in Group G.

Not that I'm that bothered, I wont be going to any of the games.
  • Been really down and miserable since the world cup finished but seeing the checkatrade thread at the top of Charlton Life has really perked me up. Excellent stuff. Can't wait for the season now. :neutral:
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

Swansea u21s are the team to join us in group G
    What an insult that is. At least if we were playing Arsenal or Tottenham U21s, there would be some decent talent on show. Charlton's U21 team would give Swansea's a good game...
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

Swansea u21s are the team to join us in group G
    What an insult that is. At least if we were playing Arsenal or Tottenham U21s, there would be some decent talent on show. Charlton's U21 team would give Swansea's a good game...
    They did last season.
  • edited July 2018
    GD78 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44871247

This cannot be a random draw, look at the teams in each group, all can be described as 'local' before the U21s team is added, eg Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Yeovil in Group G.

Not that I'm that bothered, I wont be going to any of the games.

Correct, it’s not a draw for the league one and two sides as such, they hand pick the teams so as to minimise traveling distances etc. Only the u21 teams are randomly placed into the groups via a draw (although with a caveat that Newcastle can’t been drawn with Sunderland and Southampton can’t be drawn with Portsmouth to avoid Checkatrade crowd trouble)