Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cristiano Ronaldo signs for Juventus

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Bale will be loving this move

Yes. He'll be a happy man. Shame as it probably puts the final nail in the coffin of him coming back to the EPL.

You'd have to think they'll be after Neymar or Mbappe now. Perez won't be happy.

Kane?
    No chance. They cant afford him.

They're welcome to Sissoko though lol
  • Really don't know why he gets such a bad press in comparison to Messi.

Always willing to move on to pastures new and attempt to break even more records.

In the future will go down as the greatest player ever if he can lead Juventus to a Champions League trophy.
  • That's some squad being put together at Juve.
    Think they'll do very well in the CL next season.
  • cafctom said:

Genuinely think he has made this move in order to guarantee himself more titles in the Italian league which he can’t do at the moment in La Liga. He is all about numbers and the only way he’ll keep up with Messi is if he moves to a club like Juventus, in a half respectable league, where he will get trophies each year.

There’s no other reason why you would move away from Real Madrid as their main man. He’s trying to get away from a league that’s Messi is dominating.

Leagues mean nothing in this day and age, in terms of glory it's all about the Champions League.

Think it's a move that makes sense for all parties, Ronaldo can still have a quality team around him pushing for Champions Leagues. Madrid can purchase one of the new stars and rebuild around them.
  • Winning yet another CL with Madrid would be far less satisfying than winning one with Juventus
  • Lol moving away from Messi?! More like Messi is scared to move away from Barcelona, whilst Cristiano seeks out new challenges after dominanting La Liga and the Champions League with Real Madrid.

He is the best ever, bar none, look at his goalscoring record in big leagues, big competitions and for both club and country to boot. He'll now cement his legacy in Italy, in one of the top 5 leagues in the world
  • Could we get Madrid interested in Ajose?
    Does Ronaldo earn enough to fund our 5 year plan now? Maybe this contract was what was holding back the takeover...?
  • What a squad Juventus now have. I think they’ll sell Dybala and sign Savic. They are going to be some force.
  • DRAddick said:

We're concentrating on getting Yann.

Stupid as this sounds, I genuinely rather have Yann back for a season than Ronaldo. I have a broken heart that needs healing.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

What a squad Juventus now have. I think they’ll sell Dybala and sign Savic. They are going to be some force.

They do seem to have a lot of 30 somethings though, Ronaldo adds to them!
  • sam3110 said:

Lol moving away from Messi?! More like Messi is scared to move away from Barcelona, whilst Cristiano seeks out new challenges after dominanting La Liga and the Champions League with Real Madrid.

He is the best ever, bar none, look at his goalscoring record in big leagues, big competitions and for both club and country to boot. He'll now cement his legacy in Italy, in one of the top 5 leagues in the world

I highly doubt Messi is ‘scared’ of leavin Barcelona. More a case of ‘why leave?’ - he’s the best player in their side and the best player in their history. They are above every other club in the world in many respects - why not stay at the top?
  • On a side note, it is quite strange how such a majorly high profile transfer has kind of just happened without any kind of drawn out saga, or even that much intense media coverage.

Timing I guess, what with what else is going on in the world of football at the moment!
  • You could buy all of Charlton, twice for the amount it costs to buy Ronaldo, and his salary alone would fund all the losses.
  • edited July 2018
    So... 500,000 Ronaldo shirts sold by Juventus in the first 24 hours. Blimey, cha ching!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

So... 500,000 Ronaldo shirts sold by Juventus in the first 24 hours. Blimey, cha ching!

And it still pales in comparison to the rise in stock valuation
  • JohnBoyUK said:

For Adidas though, not Juventus.

Pretty sure that clubs get a fixed payment for shirt deals/sponsorship. Clubs don't get any extra money whether they sell 1000 shirts or 10 million.

Juve will of course be able to ask for more money next time the deal is due for renewal though.
  • Macronate said:

The amount per second isn’t very impressive.

Jeff Bezos least year earned $28,000 per second.
    What position does he play in and for which club?
  • strike by Fiat workers in Turin over this deal.

the union said the firm needed to guarantee the future of thousands of people, "rather than enriching only one".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44807281
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

What a squad Juventus now have. I think they’ll sell Dybala and sign Savic. They are going to be some force.

They do seem to have a lot of 30 somethings though, Ronaldo adds to them!
    They have a lot of young ones lined up to learn from this lot though. Caldara, Rugani, Spinazzola are all young defenders who are lined up for the future. I think Caldara in particular will be one of the world’s best centre backs in the future.
  • strike by Fiat workers in Turin over this deal.

the union said the firm needed to guarantee the future of thousands of people, "rather than enriching only one".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44807281

Roland would have bought us more players, but didn't want a strike in his electronics plants...
  • Need him to step forward now
    Losing 2-1 to Chievo with 30 minutes to go
  • edited October 2018
    I feel dirty pasting this link, but loads more detail:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7381369/cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegations-las-vegas/
  • Let’s face it he could kill all this crap by just being honest if you get my drift.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Another depressing story - Ronaldo will use his wealth as usual to crush it. If follows on from his tax evasion sentence in Spain.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Another depressing story - Ronaldo will use his wealth as usual to crush it. If follows on from his tax evasion sentence in Spain.

I don't think it'll be that easy. The girl has some issues trying to get the law to overlook a few things (time since incident, lack of evidence) but there's strong potential for him to end up in a criminal case, as well as a civil one.
  • Dazzler21 said:

To be fair just about every major football star (player or manager) who's worked in Spain has had a tax evasion case, and paid up to avoid any further action.
  • "She later hired a lawyer and in 2010 negotiated a £287,000 out-of-court settlement.

As part of that deal, she agreed never to go public with her allegations. But she is now trying to overturn the settlement.

She says she signed only because she was “terrified of retaliation” from Ronaldo and of “being publicly humiliated”, court papers claim.

She told Der Spiegel she was now coming forward after seeing sex abuse victims tell their stories as part of the #MeToo movement."

Bollocks is she now coming forward because of other abuse victims, she's coming forward because clearly the 287k has run out and she wants more.