Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How much more would you spend under new owners ?

Please complete this survey to give an indication of any extra money you might spend on CAFC (eg season tickets, match tickets, merchandise) if the club had a new owner with ambition and respect for the supporters and traditions of the club.

https://castrust.org/2018/06/how-much-more-would-you-spend-under-a-new-owner/

Comments

• Over 400 people have now completed this survey, but there are many more than 400 who have limited their spend at CAFC under Roland Duchatelet.

If you anticipate spending more money at the club under new owners please take 4 minutes to complete this survey.

Thank you
  • castrust said:

Over 400 people have now completed this survey, but there are many more than 400 who have limited their spend at CAFC under Roland Duchatelet.

If you anticipate spending more money at the club under new owners please take 4 minutes to complete this survey.

Thank you

Err, so your wording here is only encouraging fans to complete the survey, if they anticipate spending more money under new owners. Invalidates the whole thing, sorry.
  • edited July 2018
    Yes I will spend more under new owners.
  • castrust said:

Over 400 people have now completed this survey, but there are many more than 400 who have limited their spend at CAFC under Roland Duchatelet.

Thank you

Err, so your wording here is only encouraging fans to complete the survey, if they anticipate spending more money under new owners. Invalidates the whole thing, sorry.
    How does it became not valid? The whole objective is stated as follows -
    'To put a figure on how much extra income a new owner might expect after a takeover.'
  • edited July 2018

castrust said:

Thank you

'To put a figure on how much extra income a new owner might expect after a takeover.'
    But what if the answer is nothing ? The survey is not including those people, if it is only encouraging participation of those planning to spend more.

You can't have a survey or vote and only ask people to complete the survey or take part in a vote, as long as they are going to give you the result you desire. It's not democratic.

Anyway, who cares, it's rather pointless. No offence intended.
  • @coveredend There is an option to answer "No" to every question.
  • castrust said:

Thank you

But what if the answer is nothing ? The survey is not including those people, if it is only encouraging participation of those planning to spend more.

You can't have a survey or vote and only ask people to complete the survey or take part in a vote, as long as they are going to give you the result you desire. It's not democratic.

Anyway, who cares, it's rather pointless. No offence intended.
    It's not a vote though. It's a measure.

I think @Covered End point is that in the post @castrust wrote "If you anticipate spending more money at the club under new owners please take 4 minutes to complete this survey" as if to say if you dont anticipate spending more money dont bother doing the survey.

I would like to say I have already done the survey
  • If an estimated increase in revenue is published as a result of the survey, the figure is likely to be rubbish.
  • castrust said:

Thank you

Glad you said it CE
    Are the trust asking again because theyve not had the numbers or results they wanted.
  • Sponsored links:

• My answer is fairly straightforward. Club acquired before 1st home game - around £1.5k; afterwards - around £0.

I think @Covered End point is that in the post @castrust wrote "If you anticipate spending more money at the club under new owners please take 4 minutes to complete this survey" as if to say if you dont anticipate spending more money dont bother doing the survey.

Thank-you Paulie, I'm glad there's someone that understands my point.

Ha, could you imagine the referendum 2 years ago if the government advertised,

"If you anticipate voting remain please ensure that you vote."

(Implying that they don't want you to vote if you're going to vote Brexit or vice versa).

(Implying that they don't want you to vote if you're going to vote Brexit or vice versa).
    Would be a perfectly sensible approach for a second referendum imho ;-)

Would be a perfectly sensible approach for a second referendum imho ;-)
    I think the fairest way is only ask those who want to leave to vote, and then it will be clear that those who don’t vote want to stay. Simples!
  • But it's not a vote. It's a measure of the amount those who would normally spend are not spending. If you're in the group that is not spending any more whether or not we have new owners, this survey is not for you, in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with that. Not all surveys have to equate to binary, winner, loser, referendum-like events.
  • Really can't be bothered to, so many surveys, so little action.
  • No idea, although it would he a great deal more than my current spend of nothing.
  • Covered End - I'm amazed that you have missed the point of this as you usually seem to have such an unerring sense of everything CAFC.

It is a survey to try to get an estimate of how much more income new owners with the right approach could expect.

Therefore we ask people who might spend more money to try to calibrate how much.

If people are not going to spend any more money then this doesn't concern them.

What's the problem ?
  • I filled in the survey and for a couple of items I was knocked back because the amount I would additionally spend was higher than the highest amount allowed.

Safe to say that there is a lot of money around from loads of supported currently being spent not on the club or building support for the club that will, as soon as Duchatelet leaves, be spent on those things and more to be spent if the new owners are worth the trust.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Pico said:

Covered End - I'm amazed that you have missed the point of this as you usually seem to have such an unerring sense of everything CAFC.

It is a survey to try to get an estimate of how much more income new owners with the right approach could expect.

Therefore we ask people who might spend more money to try to calibrate how much.

If people are not going to spend any more money then this doesn't concern them.

What's the problem ?

Don't worry, it's not worth the effort. If we had an extra 4,000 paying £500 each includung S/T's, it gives an extra £2M revenue, which isn't a game changer and was of course what RD/Meire was referring to when he/she said we don't need the fans. IE just sell a Konsa or a Lookman, which possibly paid for all the non attendees, during RD's ownership.
  • Why on earth do we all bother, then, @Covered End? Nothing matters at all...
  • Why on earth do we all bother, then, @Covered End? Nothing matters at all...

This survey will not hasten a takeover in my opinion.