Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darts

Comments

• ChiAddick said:

Ended up paying £72 for a table seat on Weds 20th. 4 of us going. Hated paying that much but by the time it comes around I would have forgot about the prices hopefully. Never been before so very excited.

For £72 you may as well have got a VIP ticket.

Okay it'll be double the price but you get a free dinner and free booze all night.

With the price of a pint there you'll probably end up spending more than the price of a VIP ticket too.
    And you could probably sell it for £500 nearer the time, win win
  • from memory last year the pints were £4.90 for fosters/john smiths/cider. you could order pints or a pitcher just had to buy tokens as only 2 of us last year we just got pints 2 at a time.
  • Watch it at home for free. Best seat in the house and thats every night.
  • Watch it at home for free. Best seat in the house and thats every night.

Until u get a kid pulling at your leg saying dad, dad i want paw patrol, i want paw patrol dad
  • He really is a knob....I've seen the incident and he has got what he deserves.
  • What do expect coming from the phil taylor school of darts
  • edited February 2018
    http://www.givemesport.com/1252849-adrian-lewis-issues-a-statement-following-heated-incident-during-coral-uk-open?autoplay=on&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Organic-Social&utm_campaign=Tribute-Pages-laika-III-1sted

3 grand fine and 3 month suspended ban. Quite simply not enough, especially when he doesn’t even apologise to his opponent who he grabbed by the throat. Proper tosser. I hope the downward spiral in his form continues.
  • Watched some of the North American Championships tonight on ITV4
    Disgraceful behaviour from John Norman Junior after winning his Semi Final

Got right into Murschells face.

Nice tweet from Murschell very professional but if that was me Norman would have been on the floor.

• Sponsored links:

• John Norman Junior has Super Chin in the US Masters tomorrow.

Would love to see him celebrate like that i front of Gurney, he would end up on the floor lol
  • Watched some of the North American Championships tonight on ITV4
    Disgraceful behaviour from John Norman Junior after winning his Semi Final

Got right into Murschells face.

Nice tweet from Murschell very professional but if that was me Norman would have been on the floor.

Actually quite funny, not sure how i would react to that could depend on the day but there is a chance he is getting a right hand :smiley:

I do like a bit of passion, players like Kim Hybrechts(however you spell it) but thats OTT
  • Absolutely outrageous hugging an opponent.
    But seriously, he got a bit carried away. he should apologise and that's it. Disgraceful is over egging it for me.
  • Absolutely outrageous hugging an opponent.
    But seriously, he got a bit carried away. he should apologise and that's it. Disgraceful is over egging it for me.

He went right up to Murschells face and screamed in it, if you want to celebrate move to the side and edge of the stage, not right in the other players face
  • I would have decked him that the most disrespectful celebration I've seen. I've played to good level and have never seen anything like that
  • MVG out of The World Matchplay after losing 10-6 to Jeffrey De Zwaan in the 1st round

• MVG out of The World Matchplay after losing 10-6 to Jeffrey De Zwaan in the 1st round

Played really poorly....no real fight at all.
  • Gary Anderson struggling with the Darts here

Wow didn't see this, i think De Zwaan might have beat him in a tour event this year too, might have wrong person but massive shock.

Wow didn't see this, i think De Zwaan might have beat him in a tour event this year too, might have wrong person but massive shock.
    10-8 in the UK Open in March I think is what you are thinking about

• Sponsored links:

• World Championship tickets went on sale today to pdc tv members.
    They go on general sale next Monday.
    I got 6 today, but was disappointed not to be able to get a table seat for 6, so still ended up in the tiered seats.
    I got 6 today, but was disappointed not to be able to get a table seat for 6, so still ended up in the tiered seats.

How much do they go for? Always wanted to go, imagine they sell out pretty soon on general?
  • World Matchplay looks wide open now, may have a bet on Michael Smith

Yeah got mine today...Saturday 15th Dec, daytime session....16 of us wanted tickets, which was the maximum (in the tiered seats) last year...they've capped it at 10 now! Got to wait until next Monday for general sale to try and get 6 more!

How much do they go for? Always wanted to go, imagine they sell out pretty soon on general?
    I've just paid for Round One Tiered Seats and they were £26 + £2.58 booking fee.

Rest vary a bit;
    https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
  • I gave it a miss last year and will do again this year. The lads I know go, quite a few Charlton, got in this morning for the Friday 28th afternoon session, with 3 memberships. Two were lucky with tables, but the third had to make do with the tiers. Doesn’t look like there’s much left for general sale.
  • I used to enjoy going to the darts when fans actually watched the darts.

Now it's just a football fans p1ss up with half of them not even bothering to watch the action.

Happy to just watch it at home now.
  • I don't mind watching darts, although my knowledge about the game is pretty small.
    Are there actual tactics in it? You can't really play offensive or defensive, can you? It's just about getting to 501 before your opponent.
  • edited July 2018

I used to enjoy going to the darts when fans actually watched the darts.

Now it's just a football fans p1ss up with half of them not even bothering to watch the action.

Happy to just watch it at home now.

Much preferred the darts when it was at the circus tavern. I know obviously the bigger arenas mean more income, more prize money, better players etc, but for me i couldn't go to the O2 or Ally Pally and watch the darts now. Last time i went about 5-6 years ago there were just too many dickheads there, and like you say many of whom don't even bother watching the darts at all.

Genuinely couldn't understand why you'd pay money to go and stand by a table and instead of watching the matches, prefer to stand facing the people in the side stands/seats and sing/shout at them instead.

Perhaps i'm just getting old!!
  • Danepak said:

I don't mind watching darts, although my knowledge about the game is pretty small.
    Are there actual tactics in it? You can't really play offensive or defensive, can you? It's just about getting to 501 before your opponent.

Sometimes there is some tactics and gamesmanship involved, but technically you play the board. What makes it more interesting is the pressure shots and big checkouts, i wouldn't necessarily say people play offensive / defensive, just some are just more limited.

Always wanted to go for atmosphere really, also looks a good piss up. Probably see more on TV but wont get the atmosphere.