Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greasy Caff recommondation around kensington

Will be staying there October during my 4 days visit.
Oxymoron...?

Comments

• You'll be lucky. Last time I had a brekkie in Kensington it cost me £9.50 and was the size of a child's dinner. That was about 6 years ago
  • Not exactly greasy but Le Pain Quotidien in Young Street will do you a nice "Full Belgian".
  • It might be an idea to use Premier inn facilities if there's one there, they normally charge about £9 but you can eat as much as you like.
  • where about's are you staying, there's a really good place on Gloucester road not exactly a cafe but does unreal breakfast rolls.
  • Caffe Forum.

Not great by a long shot but probably the closest you'll get to a greasy spoon in that neck of the woods.

Kensington is a place for those that like avocado on toast with a selection of leaves and a side of pretentiousness.
  • where about's are you staying, there's a really good place on Gloucester road not exactly a cafe but does unreal breakfast rolls.

Airbnb place so won't know exact address for a while. Got this one cause it has good link to Heathrow, reasonably central, cheap, and comes with a piano... I realize good fry up may be a bridge too far. It's near West Kensington tube according to the blurb...
  • there is a great cafe around there - a womans name, glorias, or marias or something like that. meant to be amazing. will try to remember.
  • there is a great cafe around there - a womans name, glorias, or marias or something like that. meant to be amazing. will try to remember.

Ffiona's.

It's okay. You wont get a decent fry up in there, though.
  • https://www.ffionas.com/brunch but only breakfast on sat and sun
  • Thanks everyone, will give ffiona a go but may have to bite the bullet and journey east. Better than biting lettuce...
  • Sponsored links:

• If you're prepared to jump on the tube I'd recommend The Regency (nr St James Park tube) - just ignore the Spurs memorabilia!

http://regencycafe.co.uk
  • Weirdly I was in a great greasy spoon near Hyde Park Corner only today. Might be a bit out of your way though
  • Regency is great, not that nr St James park tube tho..
  • Jints said:

Regency is great, not that nr St James park tube tho..

Near in that it's the nearest tube station. Just a walk thru Strutton Ground and onto Horse ferry Road - 8 mins if that
  • Jints said:

Regency is great, not that nr St James park tube tho..

Near in that it's the nearest tube station. Just a walk thru Strutton Ground and onto Horse ferry Road - 8 mins if that
    Heard about the Regency one, and the longer the walk, the shorter the guilt, the wider the plate.
    Thanks for that