Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup predictions competition QUARTER FINALS

Quarter Finals

Please send in a score for each of the quarter final matches. If your prediction is correct at the end of 90 minutes OR at the end of extra time you win the 16 points.

July 6. Uruguay v. France
July 6. Brazil v. Belgium
July 7. Russia v. Croatia
July 7. England v Sweden

ALSO

Send in the name of one player - from any team - who you think might score.

ALSO
Harking back to glory days and our 4-2 win after extra time in the 1966 Final against West Germany at Wembley, can anyone remember or perhaps have a guess at how many goals England conceded on the road to the Final? They played three group games, a quarter final and a semi final.

5 points for the first correct answer.

Comments

• Like this please. Fingers crossed

1-2
    2-0
    0-2
    1-0

Lukaku

Quiz?
  • 2-4
    1-3
    1-2
    2-1

Kane

I think it was just the 1 - know we never conceded in the groups I have the DVD!
  • over 90 minutes??
  • assuming 90mins
    July 6. Uruguay v. France 1-2
    July 6. Brazil v. Belgium 1-1
    July 7. Russia v. Croatia 0-2
    July 7. England v Sweden 2-0
    Kane
  • edited July 2018
    1-0
    2-0
    1-1 Russia win 3-2 pens
    2-1 AET, Southgate's waistcoat bursts open whilst celebrating the winning goal and his huge beer belly which had been heavily corsetted is fully revealed to the shocked media and fans.

Oh jes' I'm starting to believe! :scream:
  • edited July 2018
    1-2
    2-2
    1-0
    1-0
    all after 90 minutes
    Lukaku
    A guess, 2 goals.
  • Are these scores at 90 mins or AET
  • 1-3
    1-2
    0-2
    1-0
    Mbappe
    1 Goal
  • 1-0
    2-1
    0-2
    1-1

Firmino

2?
  • After 90 Mins

1-2
    3-2
    0-0
    1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-2
    2-1
    0-0 Russia in penalties
    1-1 England in penalties

Kane
  • Salad said:

over 90 minutes??

Thanks Salad. I was a bit hasty there - so I've amended the post and you can have either or for the points. Cheers.

Are these scores at 90 mins or AET

• 2-4
    1-3
    1-2
    2-1

Kane

I think it was just the 1 - know we never conceded in the groups I have the DVD!

Yours again Manicmania

England conceded just one goal in the run up to the 1966 FIFA Cup Final - against Portugal in the semi-final, a game they won 2-1. England had earlier drawn 0-0 with Uruguay and beaten Mexico and France (both 2-0) in the group stage. They beat Argentine 1-0 in the quarters.

The game against Portugal was a terrific match 2-1 with both goals being scored by Bobby Charlton. The second was such a cracker, a low shot that whistled into the corner of the net, that a number of the Portugese players shook his hand as he ran back to the centre circl
  • Here's another one for 5 points. I wish I could find a question which wasn't answered in 20 minutes!!

The champions of the 1958 World Cup were Brazil. The only team they didn't beat was England - a 0-0 draw in the first-round group. Unfortunately England didn't beat any other team either, which is why they were eliminated. In the final Brazil beat the host country, Sweden, 5-2 with two of the goals being scored by 17-year old Pele, the first being a classic. The question is:

What was it about Brazil's win which made it notable?
  • Here's another one for 5 points. I wish I could find a question which wasn't answered in 20 minutes!!

The champions of the 1958 World Cup were Brazil. The only team they didn't beat was England - a 0-0 draw in the first-round group. Unfortunately England didn't beat any other team either, which is why they were eliminated. In the final Brazil beat the host country, Sweden, 5-2 with two of the goals being scored by 17-year old Pele, the first being a classic. The question is:

What was it about Brazil's win which made it notable?

It was Brazil’s first World Cup victory as champions.
  • 0-2
    1-2
    2-1
    2-0
    Hazard
    Wales last appearance at a World Cup.
  • 0-1
    2-1
    0-2
    2-0
    Kane
  • July 6. Uruguay v. France 1-2
    July 6. Brazil v. Belgium 2-1
    July 7. Russia v. Croatia 1-2

Neymar
  • 2-1
    2-1
    0-2
    2-0

Coutinho
  • 0-2
    1-1
    0-1
    2-0

Kane
  • Sponsored links:

• Uruguay 1-1 France
    Brazil 2-0 Belgium
    Russia 1-2 Croatia
    England 2-0 Sweden

Neymar

• July 6. Uruguay v. France 1-2
    July 6. Brazil v. Belgium 3-1
    July 7. Russia v. Croatia 2-1

Kane
  • Uruguay V France 1 - 3
    Brazil - Belgium 2 - 1
    Russia V Croatia 0 - 1
    England v Sweden 1 - 0

Griezmann
  • edited July 2018
    0-2
    2-0
    0-2
    1-0

Neymar
  • Uruguay v. France 1 - 1
    Brazil v. Belgium 1 - 2
    Russia v. Croatia 1 - 1
    England v Sweden 4 - 1

Kane
  • 2-4
    1-3
    1-2
    2-1

Kane

Yours again Manicmania

England conceded just one goal in the run up to the 1966 FIFA Cup Final - against Portugal in the semi-final, a game they won 2-1. England had earlier drawn 0-0 with Uruguay and beaten Mexico and France (both 2-0) in the group stage. They beat Argentine 1-0 in the quarters.

The game against Portugal was a terrific match 2-1 with both goals being scored by Bobby Charlton. The second was such a cracker, a low shot that whistled into the corner of the net, that a number of the Portugese players shook his hand as he ran back to the centre circl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMogutv63NI
  • 0-2
    2-0
    0-1
    1-1

Modric
  • 2-0
    2-0
    2-0
    2-0
    kane

BRAZIL FIRST TEAM FROM SOUTH AMERICA TO WIN CUP IN EUROPE.
    Germany 2nd team to win on south america soil

• July 6.0 Uruguay v. France 0
    July 6. 2 Brazil v. Belgium 1
    July 7. 1 Russia v. Croatia
    July 7. 3 England v Sweden 0

Sir Lord Harry Kane MBE CBE OBE

Hi Smudge, any goals for Croatia?

What title for Jordan Pickford do you think?