Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Away

Has anyone signed up or looking to sign up for England Travel group for 18-20 period?

Comments

• Engalnd?
  • Not done it yet but i will do , got til end of July
  • done euro 2016 as always wanted to do an away England game, after that got the bug and signed up for 16-18 travel members club and done Slovakia, Scotland and Malta away, will be renewing before July 31st to take advantage of the saving. Croatia game is behind closed doors unfortunately and doubt ill go the Spain away fixture so will look to attend all the euro 2020 away qualifiers and the tournament itself.

i jumped onto the bandwagon mainly cos of the tales from our very own @The Organiser who is a vet compared to me.
  • edited June 2018
    Haven’t renewed. I am on 51 caps but can’t afford to keep going to away matches. I haven’t got any spare holiday left this year so can’t go to Spain, and can’t see the point of considering it until the euro qualifiers draw is done.

Going to do the home matches to keep myself in the hunt for Euro2020 tickets.

P.s anyone going to Russia this summer? I was lucky enough to get a Belgium ticket and heading out there with mates.
  • I've got tickets for England's round of 16 game, but I'm taking my 17 year old son and if things look iffy out there we won't go. I'm more worried about their old bill making random arrests than their "hooligans" who were very unimpressive in Marseille
  • Thought it was an age range and was about to pull up @Shag !!!
  • I've got tickets for England's round of 16 game, but I'm taking my 17 year old son and if things look iffy out there we won't go. I'm more worried about their old bill making random arrests than their "hooligans" who were very unimpressive in Marseille

Same as me mate. Flying in to Lithuania and getting the coach to Kallingrad. If it’s iffy after the first week, I’ll probably just stay in Lithuania drinking cheap beer.
  • Definitely the former.......although they did take turns lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely the former.......although they did take turns lol

will defo be querying this when i next see you!
  • joined up now hopefully will be able to do an away game soon.
  • Either Bulgarian women have very small hands or your mate is a legend!

My wife uses a finger and thumb.
  • anyone got any plans sorted yet since fixtures for Nations league and Euro 2020 qualifying come out?
  • Going to Portugal for the Nations League. It ties in with final two weekends of the Spanish second division, so going to watch Cadiz the weekend before the Nations League and hopefully Deportivo La Coruna the day before the final of the fixtures are scheduled in my favour.
  • Porto flights booked for June . Lots of decent aways next year
  • Czech Republic booked and looking at Kosovo.

Bulgaria and Montenegro would be decent but I’ve been both before with England.

Work gets in the way of Nations league next June for me.
  • czech republic booked - was a toss up of czech or bulgaria - went for prague as know a few lads who will be out there @The Organiser being one of them and generally a good drink up.

am looking at doing porto atm flights are v pricey so 50/50 whether we will both with it or not.
  • edited December 2018

czech republic booked - was a toss up of czech or bulgaria - went for prague as know a few lads who will be out there @The Organiser being one of them and generally a good drink up.

am looking at doing porto atm flights are v pricey so 50/50 whether we will both with it or not.

booked Prague up out Wednesday back Sunday. Hoping i strike lucky in the ballot or second chance sale but if not will enjoy just being out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• czech republic booked - was a toss up of czech or bulgaria - went for prague as know a few lads who will be out there @The Organiser being one of them and generally a good drink up.

Might be stating the obvious, but have you looked at flying to Lisbon and then getting the train up? I’m guessing the train prices are nothing like we have to pay over here.

That is what I’m doing, but my farther in law booked it so I could be wrong.

Might be worthwhile you looking into that.

• Have decided that I want to spend more time following England going forward, as I do struggle to enjoy international breaks without attending live football. 

Went to the Andorra game at Wembley, and the experience was largely what I expected, but I figure that you need to put the graft in in order to get the points to do the tournaments. 

Is anyone here planning on going to Qatar next year? 
  • cafctom said:
    Have decided that I want to spend more time following England going forward, as I do struggle to enjoy international breaks without attending live football. 

Went to the Andorra game at Wembley, and the experience was largely what I expected, but I figure that you need to put the graft in in order to get the points to do the tournaments. 

Yes been planning for a while with our little group, had few emails notifications about designated drinking zones blah blah just need to convince the missus.

Done Russia few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and done various qualifiers around Europe 
  • edited September 2021
    cafctom said:
    Have decided that I want to spend more time following England going forward, as I do struggle to enjoy international breaks without attending live football. 

Yes, will depend upon the fixtures but imagine I will go out for a group stage or last 16 game.

If you actually love football, then Qatar will be amazing as you might even get to see 2 matches a day. 

The draw is next March. I imagine I will probably consider travel arrangements after Christmas as probably won’t want to stay in Doha
  • I definitely want to be able to go and see as many games as possible. Was thinking of going during the Group Stage to see as many countries/games as I can within 7-10 days.
  • Got a one year old so saving myself for Germany 2024 hopefully - easy, close, cheap and the krauts are a decent bunch.

I would personally advise to do the away qualifiers for a true England away experience. Have tended to enjoy them much more than tournaments down the years, which are just far too corporate. Have had great times in Ukraine, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Moldova, Poland, Estonia, Montenegro, Albania etc.
  • The ticketing process for tournaments/away games is something I need to get my head around. I get that you need to sign up and pay for travel club membership, but all the stuff to do with ballots, registering interest etc is all very different from following Charlton!
  • cafctom said:
    The ticketing process for tournaments/away games is something I need to get my head around. I get that you need to sign up and pay for travel club membership, but all the stuff to do with ballots, registering interest etc is all very different from following Charlton!
    It’s pretty simple, far more than Charlton’s 7 release windows. 

Go to home games and you’ll get tickets to 90% of the aways you want to go to after 2 years. Takes an investment but well worth it for the experiences and memories, as said above. If you’re only interested in Qatar, I imagine you won’t need to have been to many games, if at all