Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kids On planes

So is Kirstie Allsopp right?

I guess it depends on the age of your kids, would be nice to be given a choice!

https://news.sky.com/story/property-tv-star-kirstie-allsopp-flies-in-different-class-to-children-11394688

Comments

• Sounds fine to me, she's right the kids aren't going to benefit from bigger seats, they might want to sit with their mum but it's a nice bit of independence she's given them and as long as they aren't Ryanair standard issue cunty kids then I doubt anyone gives a shit either
  • I wonder whose husband she’s sitting with?
  • As long as they're not next to me.

But, if a poor person passes on the responsibilty for their children isn't that reason to take them into care?

I'm confused.
  • iainment said:

As long as they're not next to me.

But, if a poor person passes on the responsibilty for their children isn't that reason to take them into care?

I'm confused.

I'm not sure she's passing responsibility on to anyone else, just giving them some independence and giving herself the opportunity to give her husband a 5 knuckle jiggle under a blanket in business class

This has made me remember something, I was sat next to a couple of boys who were returning from visiting their dad, I'd guess about a similar age on a solo flight back from the canary islands many years ago and they were immaculately behaved. The arseholes sat with their family behind us were dicks. I had a revolting hangover and the boys just stuck their headphones in and were happy as pigs in shit watching films and doing whatever with the screens. I was drifting in and out of consciousness only waking when my seat got a hammering from the chavvy family in the row behind
  • edited June 2018
    Edit
  • Thinking back to being an 11 year old boy, i'd have been happy sitting away from mum...
  • Sponsored links:

• The story is a different issue to kids on planes, it is more about equality within the family. Like going into an ice cream parlour and buying yourself a knickerbocker Glory and only letting your kids have a scoop of vanilla because you couldn't afford it. Whereas you all having a scoop of vanilla to save money wouldn't be an issue at all!

What does annoy me is a baby or toddler on a long haul flight. I know it is necessary sometimes, but 9 hours plus of a baby or young child screaming really does take away your will to live.
  • It's irresponsible and smacks of neglecting your children and palming responsibility off on to others.

Not for me.
  • The story is a different issue to kids on planes, it is more about equality within the family. Like going into an ice cream parlour and buying yourself a knickerbocker Glory and only letting your kids have a scoop of vanilla because you couldn't afford it. Whereas you all having a scoop of vanilla to save money wouldn't be an issue at all!

What does annoy me is a baby or toddler on a long haul flight. I know it is necessary sometimes, but 9 hours plus of a baby or young child screaming really does take away your will to live.

Not sure this is anything to do with being able to afford the tickets, she doesn't want to spoil her kids, which seems reasonable enough. Surely the answer is to sit with them in economy, it's a family holiday!!
  • edited June 2018
    She did say it meant they could afford more holidays! Reasonable not to want to spoil them but as you say, sit with them in whatever class!
  • Shouldn’t be allowed. Kids on planes that is.

And why is that ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont worry CL. There will be another mole hill to make a mountain out of anytime soon...

Who gives a flying fuck anyway?
  • As with most sequels, I bet it's not as good as snakes on a plane.

Definitely going to be more terrifying though!
  • 12 and 10, encourages a bit of independence for them perhaps.
  • To me this is not a story about kids on planes but one of parenting.

Travel broadens the mind, but not if it’s stuck in an iPad. A game of cards and talking would be so much better. So many kids miss out with real quality time with their parents, especially those who are money rich and time poor. She talks about her working hard so I guess there is a nanny and then off to boarding school.

The behaviour of the very rich and reptiles towards their off spring is quite similar. Sad really.
  • Dont worry CL. There will be another mole hill to make a mountain out of anytime soon...

You clearly do!

This ten times over.