Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What do we know about Andrew Muir?

So it seems increasingly likely that the Australian consortium are the ones expected to take over the club in the near future and Muir appears to be the main man behind it.

I know over the last year there’s been bits of pieces said about him amongst the vast ocean that is the takeover thread. It may be helpful to have a specific thread listing what we know about him etc

So what do we know?
How did he make his money?
What business interests does he retain?
Are there any other UK / European based business interests that are known?
Any other sporting interest?
Any interesting interviews / profile articles that are known?

Keep it on topic please, any off topic posts run the risk of being deleted from thread.

Comments

• Apparently the market value of his house is currently around $40m. He bought it in 2007 for $17.75m

The 14-seater private jet he bought last year after selling the Good Guys was estimated to cost $10m
  • He does not use Duct tape on his shoes :smiley:
  • IN THE COMMUNITY

Today Andrew’s philanthropic interests are a major focus for him. It has long been his belief that business and its leaders have an obligation to give back to the community in meaningful ways.

He is passionate about the topic of nutrition, in particular educating children about healthy eating, and strongly believes that Australians need to take meaningful action to tackle the growing obesity problem. It was his desire to act on this problem, that saw him establish The Good Foundation.

Among his many interests, Andrew believes in the benefits of positive psychology and provided advice and consultation to Professor Field Rickards, Dean of Education at the University of Melbourne, in setting up the University’s Centre for Positive Psychology.
    He has also been heavily involved with the Rotary Foundation for many years and was recently recognised for his contribution with a Certificate of Appreciation. In addition he has supported programs such as Neighbourhood Watch, helped fund the Starlight Foundation Room at The Royal Children’s Hospital and provided support to the Paralympic Training Base in Tullamarine
  • He looks like Bill Gates' and Lewis Walsh's love child
  • Halix said:

If it turns out that he also is a bit of a bastard, it will be a bloody long journey to protest in his home town!

Better start the Australian 20 now :smiley:
  • So far as I'm aware he's got nothing to do with Red Bull
  • Apparently the market value of his house is currently around $40m. He bought it in 2007 for $17.75m

The 14-seater private jet he bought last year after selling the Good Guys was estimated to cost $10m

Got no money : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• According to etc etc 'he's a really lovely bloke'.
  • Donald’s brother. Frank’s son.
  • Donald’s brother. Frank’s son.

You’re bluffing...
  • If we have yet another week of nothing happening I think we can forget about Mr Muir.
  • If we have yet another week of nothing happening I think we can forget about Mr Muir.

Oh ye of little faith!
  • Jamie Oliver runs a social enterprise called Ministry of Food, based on an initiative he kicked off in Rotherham ten years ago. Ministry of Food now runs food courses in a number of locations across the UK, including Leeds, Bradford, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Brighton. Some of these courses have been run in association with - or using the facilities of - football clubs, including Sunderland FC, Burnley FC and, the only presence the Ministry of Food has had in London, at Crystal Palace FC.

Last year, he ran a series of courses at Selhurst Park in June. Interestingly, they have not been repeated this year.

Andrew Muir's Good Foundation works in partnership with Jamie's Ministry of Food in Australia. As part of that association, the Good Foundation has set up fund-raising and auctions in order to secure cash funds to sponsor adults and children to participate in seven-week courses.

I wonder if part of the attraction of Charlton to Andrew Muir is the Community Trust. Its aim is in three parts - Improving Education and Employment, Improving Health and Reducing Crime. All three of those are a perfect match for both the Good Foundation and for Ministry of Food.

The first Good Foundation auction in support of Jamie's Ministry of Food went live on Friday last week. I wonder if that's part of the reason Muir headed back to Australia. And I wonder if we will soon see an announcement that, not only will Charlton have new owners, but the brilliant work of Jason Morgan and CACT will soon have an even bigger media profile..?
  • Halix said:

If it turns out that he also is a bit of a bastard, it will be a bloody long journey to protest in his home town!

Hold my beer...
  • Education:
    Bachelor of Economics
    Post Grad Diploma of Financial Management
    Harvard Business School - Advanced Management Programme
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    http://generositymag.com.au/the-art-of-giving-in-business/

Mentions the interesting concept of loyalty.
  • He's got a scarf and still not paid for it
  • Hes going for the world record slowest football club takeover.
  • Education:
    Bachelor of Economics
    Post Grad Diploma of Financial Management
    Harvard Business School - Advanced Management Programme

Good bachelors. I like him already!
  • He's going on Love Island.
  • Hi Andrew.

Wondered if you still fancy buying a down on its luck football club.

Please call Matt Southall today.
  • They couldn't get the money together to buy the club for years so expect the level of investment to be a pittance
  • When this whole thing kicked off last night I was like "resurrected Andrew Muir related thread in 3......2......1......"