Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Nigeria

1235»

Comments

• Agree with most of this, but there is an innate conservatism about Southgate that concerns me. I can imagine a nation's collective heart sinking when Dier and Henderson start for our opening game in Russia.
  • Wonder if anyone can help, CL is great for that?

I bumped into a fella, Chief Adebamge Tinabu outside Wembley yesterday and blow me what a coincidence. Apparently i am due a massive inheritance and he was happy to help me claim it if i just handed over £100 and gave up my bank details... Trouble is, a lot of money has disapeared from my account overnight, do you think that is due to the recent Visa card issues or should i be worried and write a strong letter to the fella in Port Harcourt?
  • Wonder if anyone can help, CL is great for that?

I bumped into a fella, Chief Adebamge Tinabu outside Wembley yesterday and blow me what a coincidence. Apparently i am due a massive inheritance and he was happy to help me claim it if i just handed over £100 and gave up my bank details... Trouble is, a lot of money has disapeared from my account overnight, do you think that is due to the recent Visa card issues or should i be worried and write a strong letter to the fella in Port Harcourt?

I'll be happy to answer this question as I have a great deal of experience of these investment opportunities.

The Chief is a close personal friend of mine i'll be happy to have a word with him. Phone tarriffs being what they are I will require a small deposit though so please send me 500 pounds via Western union and I will ensure he get's into contact forthwith.
  • Redskin said:

Agree with most of this, but there is an innate conservatism about Southgate that concerns me. I can imagine a nation's collective heart sinking when Dier and Henderson start for our opening game in Russia.

Totally agree - wouldn't start them both unless we were playing for a draw!
  • No doubt Sterling is mega frustrating but one thing I’ll say about him, he’s always involved. If he could add composure in the box and finishing to his game he’d be a superstar, but he never hides and sees a huge amount of the ball.

Alli worries me, he doesn’t look on his A-game and if I was to make a prediction now it will be he’ll be a World Cup disappointment. Stones equally concerns me that there is a lot more hype than reliable performance around him.

On the whole though, I quite like what Southgate has done since he’s take charge.

Did you have a good day mate?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I can see why Southgate has gone for Trippier on the right. His crossing is so much better than Walker's. Thats based on watching them both in their time at Spurs.

We're not graced with a CB with pace so I can understand why Southgate has given us some pace by playing Walker in the 3.

As for Dier, he's not blessed with pace either but he does read the game well. Its interesting hearing people dont rate him. I think Spurs look so much assured when he's playing as one of the central two in front of the defence. Dembele - Dier works really well and they play great, Wanyama - Dier not so as they are far too similar. I cant for the life of me remember Poch starting Dier as a sole holding midfielder. For the sake of creativity, I think Southgate knows he cant play with 2 holding midfielders in his system as we just wont get forward. But then Henderson doesnt play as the sole holding player at Liverpool either, he plays alongside Milner or Can. Maybe play him in the back 3 then when we've got the ball, he can be pushed into midfield and make another man, flooding the middle meaning the front four can press higher.

I'd love to see Southgate find a starting position for Vardy. Why not play Vardy up top with Kane in behind as a no.10. One of his main strengths is that he can drop deep and runners like Alli, Eriksen, Son and Lamela go on past him and he can pick a pass. It'll probably give him more space too. Both of them score goals for fun. Use them to their strengths.

The lack of creativity in the middle worries me more than anything though.

I've lost count how many times I've picked up a piece of paper at work, trying to find the perfext starting XI with the current squad yet ended throwing it in the bin. Injury issues or not, its crying out for Wilshere's passing ability in the middle and possibly Llallana too, who would have been ideal on the left where Alli started yesterday.

Agree with most of this. Good summary.
  • The second half nearly had me wishing I was watching Britain's Got Talent!!!!!!

You was :smiley: