Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Two lions, two tigers and a jaguar escape from a zoo

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere but this is actually true and unfolding in Germany as we speak. Unfortunately the animals are likely to end up being shot.

For some reason I have The Great Escape theme in my head now...

Comments

• Far more likely to be shot with tranquilisers than actual bullets surely?

Most captive animals are less dangerous than their wild counterparts, due to being fed more regularly and interacting with humans already
  • Such a shame as all of the animals are likely to be shot.

Hope everyone including the animals are ok.
  • A bear that also escaped has been shot. With what isn't clear.

A rifle ?

• https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/01/police-pursue-lions-pumas-escape-german-zoo/

The opening paragraph
    Police killed a bear and were searching for 2 lions, 2 Tigers and a Jaguar.

So they have already killed a bear
  • edited June 2018

A bear that also escaped has been shot. With what isn't clear.

A rifle ?

If it was I'm sure it would have been the biggest rifle the zoo has owned throughout its history.

A rifle ?

If it was I'm sure it would have been the biggest rifle the zoo has owned throughout its history.
    Very true. I deal with some expeditions to the arctic circle and part of the advice there is for all groups to have a high-powered rifle and someone trained in its use in case of attack by polar bears. Shoot them buggers with a handgun and you'll just proper rile them!

• How do all of those Animals escape? it's not like they would have been in the same enclosure.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Rizzo said:

WSS said:

I hope they are just bowling about together like a gang.

No, they've split up. One's on a motorbike, a couple in a plane, one heading for the railway station...
    You foreigners and your plans. There's no need for a plan. If one of the animals is American he'll just turn up on a motorbike and just ride to freedom as if YOU SEE A JAGUAR ON A MOTORBIKE EVERY DAY WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YExetXLMPQY
  • On a serious note, hope the rest of the animals are able to be captured safely.
  • Someone must've let them out
  • Rizzo said:

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere but this is actually true and unfolding in Germany as we speak. Unfortunately the animals are likely to end up being shot.

For some reason I have The Great Escape theme in my head now...

For some reason I have ‘I like to move it, move it’ in my head. What happened to Gloria and Melvin
  • edited June 2018
    Shouldn't speculate really but whilst I can understand an isolated escape this smacks of animal rights activists or a disgruntled employee (s).

Hope both visitors to the Zoo and the remaining animals stay safe.
  • Hasn't it been said a storm has caused the escape?
  • Rizzo said:

WSS said:

No, they've split up. One's on a motorbike, a couple in a plane, one heading for the railway station...
    One's in the jaguar
  • Rizzo said:

WSS said:

One's in the jaguar
    Regardless of it being the Lion or the Tiger...

thats gonna be one weird looking cub if the Jaguar gets pregnant
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent stuff
  • WSS said:
    Aw good. It's rare that I'm rooting for the capture of animals but this is clearly the best option at the moment.
  • Anyone else getting the adopt a snow leopard ad on this page?

#intrusiveadvertising
  • WSS said:
    They're all now back in their enclosures with only a baseball and catcher's mitt.

I'm really struggling to get away from this Great Escape thing...

• Rizzo said:

WSS said:

Police have just released a picture showing how they got hold of the bike.

• Except they didn't escape the zoo did they? They escaped flood damaged enclosures within the zoo and were later returned to their own 'cages'. No word on why the bear was killed tho.