Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer at The Valley - next one in Feb ***

Comments

• edited May 2018
    RIP
    Paul.......
  • Tracey said:

I’m very sad to share the news that Paul Dear passed away this morning. He was 60yrs old and had Prostate Cancer. I met him last year on the F2A ride and we became good friends. He came up from Bristol to support and speak at our pub quiz and PSA testing day.
    He has saved many lives since finding out he had Prostate Cancer by these simple words....go get yourself tested.

very sad, brave man who I was lucky enough to meet. RIP Paul
  • Really sad news Tracey, I'm sure he will be in everyone's thoughts during the cycle ride and will continue to be an inspiration to many.

RIP Paul.
  • edited May 2018
    Tracey said:

I’m very sad to share the news that Paul Dear passed away this morning. He was 60yrs old and had Prostate Cancer. I met him last year on the F2A ride and we became good friends. He came up from Bristol to support and speak at our pub quiz and PSA testing day.
    He has saved many lives since finding out he had Prostate Cancer by these simple words....go get yourself tested.

Sad news indeed, had the pleasure of speaking with him at the quiz night. Helped save many others, a great man. RIP.
  • Sleep tight, Paul.
  • Sad news, indeed. R.I.P. Paul.
  • Sponsored links:

• So I had a PSA test and I had a high count, 9.5.

Had a DRE (the finger up the bum) and then a MRI. Both found nothing adverse but I do have an enlarged prostate so to be sure they wanted me to have a template biopsy where they go in via the perineum. This means they can take more samples and from all over the prostate.

So had that done this afternoon, all fine, can urinate fine and CL kept me entertained during all the waiting.

So now the wait for the results.

All done in a few weeks, all on the wonderful and free at the point of use NHS.

I hope it's all clear, obviously, but better to know either way.

So get tested.

Had a DRE (the finger up the bum) and then a MRI. Both found nothing adverse but I do have an enlarged prostate so to be sure they wanted me to have a template biopsy where they go in via the perineum. This means they can take more samples and from all over the prostate.

So had that done this afternoon, all fine, can urinate fine and CL kept me entertained during all the waiting.

So get tested.

Henry - I will pm you.

So get tested.

If it is only an enlarged prostate, nothing to worry about, had mine done a couple of years ago and everything is fine.
  • ross1 said:

So I had a PSA test and I had a high count, 9.5.

So get tested.

If it is only an enlarged prostate, nothing to worry about, had mine done a couple of years ago and everything is fine.
    Hope so but should find out soon.
  • Good luck mate
  • Good luck mate

Cheers
  • Essex_Al said:

So get tested.

Blimey Henry, we actually do have something in common!

Had PSA of 13 and also had a biopsy last Tuesday. Next day felt fine, then uncomfortable for a few days. The bruising is interesting, balls like a black man!

Results next Monday.

100% with you on our fantastic NHS service. From the original blood test to the results took around 7 weeks. Doctor, first blood test, 2nd blood test, consultant, MRI scan, biopsy, consultant, AMAZING!

Good luck!
    I have just pmd you.
  • Very kind of you Peter, many thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hoping to hear positive updates from you both, Henners & Al.
  • Essex_Al said:

So get tested.

Blimey Henry, we actually do have something in common!

Had PSA of 13 and also had a biopsy last Tuesday. Next day felt fine, then uncomfortable for a few days. The bruising is interesting, balls like a black man!

Results next Monday.

100% with you on our fantastic NHS service. From the original blood test to the results took around 7 weeks. Doctor, first blood test, 2nd blood test, consultant, MRI scan, biopsy, consultant, AMAZING!

Good luck!
    We're like soul brothers really @Essex_Al
  • Good luck, Team Addicks!

They’re at @LeeValleyVP and are about to set off for Amsterdam! A HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported and sponsored the team #cafc

• DAY TWO!

60 miles stand between Team Addicks and the Amsterdam Arena... Good luck, Team! #cafc

• Good Luck mate @Henry Irving
  • T_C_E said:

Good Luck mate @Henry Irving

Ta
  • Have they removed the baskets from the front of the bike to make them more streamlined?
  • Good luck @Henry Irving and @Essex_Al

Yup, think positive