Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forget how knackering 5-a side is

We had a firm wide tournament last night in Mile End - all the lawyers partners, admin and us in Faciltiies/Post room.

God know how I got talked into but I did.

We ended up winning the bloody thing much to the disdain and annoyance of the smug arrogant lawyers and yours truly is aching like mad this morning - that'll teach me for thinking and running round like I thought I was 21 again.

Both ankles swollen , knee killing me , back ache in fact everything aches ... lol

NEVER AGAIN until we defend it next year.

Note to self - must get fitter hahahah

Comments

• That's the trouble, Ledge.

In your head you can see all the moves, and you can still play like you were 21.

But from the neck down, it's a big let down ....... keep on playing, though, if you can.
    You're a long time finished!
  • Started playing five a side again a few months ago.Took about three weeks to get back in the swing and not wake up feeling like i'd just climbed everest.

You never lose it. ;-)
  • I play every week at goals in bexleyheath, It is a good laugh, although people do take it seriously at times.
    Maybe if we are ever short of players, You can come play for us ledge!
  • I play a couple of times a week at goals. Always warm up and down properly but still get stiff the day after (mind you I'm the wrong side of 40 now)
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcbrown[/cite]I play every week at goals in bexleyheath, It is a good laugh, although people do take it seriously at times.

i would consider the offer if I didn't live about 20 miles from bexleyheath
  • A long shot, but does anyone play at Colombi Park near Waterloo? I was passing yesterday and saw someone in a tatty Mesh shirt.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcbrown[/cite]I play every week at goals in bexleyheath, It is a good laugh, although people do take it seriously at times.

My cousin plays there for Choices...

Anyone play at K2 in crawley?
  • I play once a week, have been for the last ten years after i gave up playing league after knees were shot, and like you all think I'm in my 20's when I run out on the pitch. It then takes me 5 days to recover, 1 day of feeling almost human again then I do it all again, but I must say, its my favorite day of the week by far! Go the mighty PLI...!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite][quote]My cousin plays there for Choices...

Anyone play at K2 in crawley?[/quote]

Yeh have been to K2 before and the one at Maidenbower.

A few of us from addickted.net meet up at Bexleyheath Goals every Thursday too.
  • [cite]Posted By: christian da valiant[/cite]I play once a week, have been for the last ten years after i gave up playing league after knees were shot, and like you all think I'm in my 20's when I run out on the pitch. It then takes me 5 days to recover, 1 day of feeling almost human again then I do it all again, but I must say, its my favorite day of the week by far! Go the mighty PLI...!

Brilliant, Christian! lol

There's a few of us on here that know the feeling .....