Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury away 13/5 k/o 17.15

This trip's cheapest option by train is a £60 off peak return, returning back within one calender month.

The 20.23 changes at Birmingham International, arriving in Euston at 00.25 with the 21.31 changing at Wolverhampton arriving in Euston at 1.03

You can get up to Shrewsbury for about £20 single if you go with Chiltern trains then change in Birmingham but you are getting clobbered between £60-£75 for the single on the way back.

There is no need to book in advance, the £60 will apply by purchasing your ticket on the day.

Comments

• This trip's cheapest option by train is a £60 off peak return, returning back within one calender month.

The 20.23 changes at Birmingham International, arriving in Euston at 00.25 with the 21.31 changing at Wolverhampton arriving in Euston at 1.03

You can get up to Shrewsbury for about £20 single if you go with Chiltern trains then change in Birmingham but you are getting clobbered between £60-£75 for the single on the way back.

There is no need to book in advance, the £60 will apply by purchasing your ticket on the day.

Return to Brum is £18 on Virgin, surely it's not £60 return from Brum to Shrewsbury?
  • Might be a stupid question... but how would you get back from London Euston at 00:35am Monday morning?
  • Apologies if it’s been clearly published and discussed elsewhere but how many tickets will charlton be allocated ? Is it a case of charlton will give them 3,300 tickets for the match at the Valley and they give charlton just 500 to 1,000 for the match at their place ?
  • edited May 2018
    Sage said:

Might be a stupid question... but how would you get back from London Euston at 00:35am Monday morning?

Uber for us.

I'm on the 21:30 in case of extra time. It's a near half hour walk between stadium and station.

SE9, breaking up the trip with separate tickets can save money. Shrews to London was going to be £59 single but I've got Wolves-London trains for £8 each. I'll buy a local train ticket on the day for the other leg.
  • Apologies if it’s been clearly published and discussed elsewhere but how many tickets will charlton be allocated ? Is it a case of charlton will give them 3,300 tickets for the match at the Valley and they give charlton just 500 to 1,000 for the match at their place ?

I think the ticket details will be issued this afternoon.

Their ground only holds just under 10000, so our allocation will be a lot lower than the 3300 they'll get here

Their ground only holds just under 10000, so our allocation will be a lot lower than the 3300 they'll get here

Apologies if it’s been clearly published and discussed elsewhere but how many tickets will charlton be allocated ? Is it a case of charlton will give them 3,300 tickets for the match at the Valley and they give charlton just 500 to 1,000 for the match at their place ?

If it’s 1,500 or less then the sensible thing would be to just give them the same and sell the other half of the jimmy seed stand to charlton fans, whether we sell out the whole ground or not
  • The allocation for the away leg is 1,500 and they go on sale on Tuesday 9am.
  • E-cafc said:

The allocation for the away leg is 1,500 and they go on sale on Tuesday 9am.

I think this will be sold out by Wednesday lunch time.
  • se9addick said:

This trip's cheapest option by train is a £60 off peak return, returning back within one calender month.

Return to Brum is £18 on Virgin, surely it's not £60 return from Brum to Shrewsbury?
    London to Shrewsbury was what I posted.

I did not look up the details unlike Iaitch. Slapped wrist.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

You can do it cheaper by splitting your journey.

Outward

11.40 from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street arrives at 13.29 using Chiltern Railways, £9 single fare.

10 minute walk to Birmingham New Street.

14.24 from New Street to Shrewsbury arrives at 15.19, £14.60 return.

Return

20.23 Shrewsbury to New Street arrives 21.29, return ticket above covers this journey.

22.30 New Street to Euston arrives 00.25 £8 single on Virgin.

Total £31.60.

The 20.23 will be EXTREMELY tight as it is an out of town ground. When I went last season the gaff was not overflowing with taxis.
  • iaitch said:

Outward

11.40 from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street arrives at 13.29 using Chiltern Railways, £9 single fare.

Return

20.23 Shrewsbury to New Street arrives 21.29, return ticket above covers this journey.

Total £31.60.

The 20.23 will be EXTREMELY tight as it is an out of town ground. When I went last season the gaff was not overflowing with taxis.
    Also could go to penalties.
  • iaitch said:

Outward

Return

Total £31.60.

Also could go to penalties.
    Could well do.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search/results?location=Shrewsbury+Battlefield&lat=&long=&action=amend&checkIn=&rooms[0][adults]=1&rooms[0][children]=0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyd7g3Yjx2gIVApPtCh3pBQdNEAAYASAAEgKjXvD_BwE
  • iaitch said:

Outward

Return

Total £31.60.

If the game goes to ET & then pens, it won't finish until 8pm ish. You won't be able to get the 20.23.
  • iaitch said:

Outward

Return

Total £31.60.

If the game goes to ET & then pens, it won't finish until 8pm ish. You won't be able to get the 20.23.
    Then there is the 21.31
  • edited May 2018

Apologies if it’s been clearly published and discussed elsewhere but how many tickets will charlton be allocated ? Is it a case of charlton will give them 3,300 tickets for the match at the Valley and they give charlton just 500 to 1,000 for the match at their place ?

If it’s 1,500 or less then the sensible thing would be to just give them the same and sell the other half of the jimmy seed stand to charlton fans, whether we sell out the whole ground or not
    Against the rules and also pointless. We have to give them 2,000 (minimum).
  • iaitch said:

Outward

Return

Total £31.60.

The game kicks off at 5.15 so should finish around 7.00, there's a train about 7.30 but I've heard that the ground is quite a way from the station so didn't give that one..

I mentioned the 20.23 to hopefully cover extra time and penalties. The next train after that is about an hour later so has a knock on effect in getting back to Birmingham and London.

I'm not going but just looked up the options that may be of benefit some of you, mainly a cheaper option if splitting up the tickets.

• Is there any news about when match tickets go on sale, and if so what are the restrictions?
  • Tickets for Charlton’s play-off semi-final second leg away at Shrewsbury Town on Sunday, May 13th (5.15pm) will go on restricted sale at 9am on Tuesday morning.

We have been given a full allocation of 1,500 tickets and they will be sold through the club’s ticket office.

Tickets can be purchased by visiting The Valley ticket office in person from Tuesday morning, by phone or by going online, and they are priced at:

Adults: £20

Over 65s: £15

Students: £15

U22s: £15

U19s: £8

U12s: £6

U8s: FREE

We have also been handed a number of ambulant disabled tickets and have access to six wheelchair bays, both of which are priced at £15 and include a free helper ticket.

Sale restrictions are as follows:

From 9am on Tuesday, May 8th, season ticket holders who are also Valley Gold members will be eligible to purchase up to two tickets.
    From 9am on Wednesday, May 9th, season ticket holders can purchase up to two tickets. Valley Gold members will also be able to purchase up to two tickets from 9am on Wednesday.
    From 9am on Thursday, May 10th, Charlton supporters who have attended at least five 2017/18 away matches and have them registered to their accounts can purchase up to two tickets.
    From 9am on Friday, May 11th, any remaining tickets will be placed on general sale.
    Tickets will be available to purchase by visiting The Valley in person, by phone or by going online. Please click here to purchase online.

In order for the match to appear on the club’s ticketing website during the first three phases of sale, supporters will need to log into their accounts and refresh the page.

Valley Away will be running services to Shrewsbury, priced at £23. Full details and pick-up times can be found below.

Larkfield: 9.30am

Gravesend: 9.55am

Dartford: 10.10am

Bexleyheath: 10.25am

Bromley: 10.55am

Eltham: 11.15am

Charlton: 11.30am

Tickets for Charlton’s home leg on Thursday, May 10th are also on sale and are being sold via Ticketmaster. For a step-by-step guide on purchasing yours, please click here.

Please click here to view The Valley ticket office’s play-off opening hours
  • Thanks mate
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we'll sell out 1500. I wasn't so sure if we'd got nearer 2,000.
  • Yet again they plan for one coach.
  • Free coach travel to midweek games at Preston, we were virtually relegated.

1500 tickets for an evening game with a difficult journey home. One coach. Bizarre.

1500 tickets for an evening game with a difficult journey home. One coach. Bizarre.
    They might stretch to two for the final.
    While it's clearly convenient for "Valley Express" fans, the final at Wembley (3pm kickoff) for most people is easy to get to anyway on normal transport. There's even a direct tube from North Greenwich!
  • I thought the away end at Shrewsbury held almost 1,800?

"Away fans are housed in the North Stand with 1,796 available seats".
  • edited May 2018
    Larkfield: 9.30am - should be 10.20am

Gravesend: 9.55am - should be 10.45am

Dartford: 10.10am - should be 11am

Bexleyheath: 10.25am - should be 11.15am

Bromley: 10.55am

Eltham: 11.15am

Charlton: 11.30am

That is literally all they need to do. It is inconceivable there isn’t demand for four or five coaches minimum at, say, £20 and they would make far more money.

They might stretch to two for the final.
    While it's clearly convenient for "Valley Express" fans, the final at Wembley (3pm kickoff) for most people is easy to get to anyway on normal transport. There's even a direct tube from North Greenwich!
    I believe we had about 50 coaches go in '98.
  • edited May 2018

Yet again they plan for one coach.

Where does it say there will only be one coach ?
    It says services, which would suggest there may be more than one coach.
    Presumably, you've been told there is only one, or more likely you are saying that because of the crazy schedule, it's set up as if there would only be one ?

(I agree with the timings).