Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Murray

I am surprised that no one started this before. I thought it was sad that Richard Murray was booed when he presented to Johnny Jackson on Saturday. I understand why as Richard has been a supporter, or not a voice questioning them, of the RD, KM era.
Richard has been a part of the Charlton “ golden age” and obviously financially supported the club.
What does he need to do to recover from the support of RD? Or is it even possible?

Comments

• *Johnnie Jackson
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was there I would have booed him.
  • BDL said:

Rode on the success of others who had done groundwork, let Pardew get away with murder (which is why he got deposed), blocked PV on too many occasions. Deserves all the stick he now gets in my opinion. He is as culpable as Roland for our plight.

This.

• Murray is a successful businessman, like RD in some ways. He has presided over some good times at our club and made some good decisions. For him it started to go wrong with the appointment of Dowie and he has never recovered. Since the arrival of the Spivs and then RD it seems that he has sat quietly by following the party line, he has told us a number of lies including how we would be able to keep our young stars for longer and has been duplicit with RD in the current sale negotiations. As a successful businessman he must know what is going on but he has continues with lies and half truths.

In my opinion he should go when the new owners take over but I doubt that he will.

This.

• sad? I booed and I was disappointed more didn't and was surprised that most clapped. He is as much a persona non grata as RD is. He can't ever recover from the events of the RD years. He is as much the problem as RD is and KM was. Hope RD takes him with him when he goes.

No way is Murray anywhere near as bad as RD. How people can say that after all he has done is beyond me.
    the good things he did have been expunged by his actions under the reign of Roland.

yeah possibly, certainly agree a lot of good work is tainted. But to compare him to Roland is bewildering.

Yes both men have done a great deal of damage over the last few years, but Murray had previous good things to fall back on, what the hell has Roland ever done that was even close to being a good thing for the club?
  • edited May 2018
    I didn't boo him because he did facilitate our Premier league success and Alan Curbishley is very emphatic about that in his book.

That said I now feel quite contemptuous of him because of his duplicity and mendaciousness since the Premier league years ended and have none of the respect and admiration I have for the other great figures of the Club's history who he should be alongside in the esteem of customers supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed the new batch of silver plates being handed over to Jacko before kick off by Murray. Wondered if he got booed. Can they do a repeated presentation for the home play off leg?
  • Looking more like Mr Burns (Simpsons) than ever.
  • He did well before, but I don't trust him now.
  • How did RM make his dough? Was he the one who owned the printing firm, or was that Roger Alwyn, or was it noone?
  • Can someone do a timeline of all his good Vs bad actions for us all to judge him upon?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Can someone do a timeline of all his good Vs bad actions for us all to judge him upon?

After you Claude
  • I can't help but think that Richard Murray just got very lucky during the Curbs era.

There were multiple good and talented directors at the club, Varney is just one of them.

I'm sure people know better than me, but I would love to know how much Murray actually contributed to the success as apposed to riding the wave of success provided by others.

The work he has done since, starting with how Curbs left, Dowie was appointed and most recently the Douchbag era suggests that he was and is out of his depth.
  • How did RM make his dough? Was he the one who owned the printing firm, or was that Roger Alwyn, or was it noone?

tv production iirc.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Can someone do a timeline of all his good Vs bad actions for us all to judge him upon?

Okay, I'll start

9 June 1905 - founded