Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vasectomies

Maybe a bit of a taboo topic but any insights on this?

Any negative side effects?

Read it can reduce testosterone and even unfounded and speculative links) to cancer etc.

Do you remain a pwopa geezer afterwards or suddenly start commenting on the quality of fabric softeners and develop a propensity for nagging and taking hours to get ready?

Asking for a friend.

Nice little Monday morning pre lunch poser.

Comments

• Ha cheers Mike! ;-)
  • Had mine done in 2000 after the birth of my daughter. We decided 2 kids were enough for us so I visited my GP and had it done. No side effects and still love my football. I haven't converted to Netball yet.
  • This is relevant to my interests
  • Had it done 22 years ago and the pain afterwards was intense to say the least.
    My ballbag swelled up to the size of a football and I spent three days with a bowl of salty water between my legs.
    Bathing my nuts.
    But once the swelling went down I'm pleased to report there were no side effects apart from me taking up synchronised swimming.

That must have been a big bowl of salty water.
  • Had it done 22 years ago and the pain afterwards was intense to say the least.
    My ballbag swelled up to the size of a football and I spent three days with a bowl of salty water between my legs.
    Bathing my nuts.
    But once the swelling went down I'm pleased to report there were no side effects apart from me taking up synchronised swimming.

That must have been a big bowl of salty water.
    It was mate.
    Bathing my nuts.

I think this must depend on the doctor doing it and how much they pull you about as it is a common problem.

I was advised not to drive and have someone attend the appointment with me but my missus was at home looking after two young kids hence the snip. I turned up for my 6pm appointment and said my missus had been taken ill so I was on my own. The doctor said OK but told me to drive straight home in case I did suffer any pain or swelling.

It all went well and yes I had swelling and some pain but not enough to stop me going to work so I just cracked on.
  • Sponsored links:

• No problems 20+ years on. I was due to play cricket in the afternoon after the op... fortunately it was rained off!
  • This thread is gonna be fun I'm sure of it.

*gets popcorn*

*gets popcorn*

I enjoy talking bollocks hence the thread.

*gets popcorn*

Speak for yourself, I've got my legs crossed :smile:
  • Had it done about 20 years ago in the cottage hospital at Beckenham. Operation was at 8.00pm. Told to rest on the operating table for a while. At 10.00pm the lights went out and I found myself locked in the hospital. The surgeon and staff had fucked off! Had to get the missus who was waiting in the car park to ring the security company guarding the building to let me out!
    As for the op, no probs at all.

Brilliant, you couldn't make it up. Should have been in Carry On Doctor or something!
  • Sponsored links:

• Something about letting anyone lose with a knife in that region doesn't sit right with me.
    Its probably easier to leave the child prevention bit to women, they used to being poked around with down there.
  • This thread will leave you in stitches!
  • What do you call people who use the rhythm method of contraception?

• Parents.
  • Had it done at the QE hospital, Woolwich. No problems. Asked for more painkiller during the procedure but all fine.

The running commentary by the surgeon to 2 female student nurses was not ideal but the look on their faces made up for it!