Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• v Liverpool. 2001

@Algarveaddick i actually think that is me with my back to you (facing @3blokes) in the first Liverpool one
    And me in the foreground standing behind BDL in the middle photo.

Excellent photo's of the pair of us @AFKABartram
  • Here are some of the Dutch band we got over. Be great to get them back again.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Drinking before the Play-Off Final 1998

Fans Day at the Goldstone Ground, Brighton.

I really can't remember why I took this and what it was all about. Any ideas please?
  • edited April 2018

This is probably one of my oldest photos. I wandered down to Sparrows lane and Andy Nelson let me take photos. Not so sure that he was too happy with this one as he was having what seemed an intense chat here.

Anyone able to identify the player?

Flanagan?
    My thought, too. That barnet's quite particular.

(Shows what I know. Seems it's Jeff Wood.)
  • @addick1965 in one of the ones above
  • A few faces from the "Blackheath after the Play-off final" including Large, his wife, his little brother (@jimmymelrose) and even their mum. Sadly I wasn't there as I don't go back with them, although (of course) I was at the game.

If I remember rightly you said 'No, I'm not going to celebrate. The game was pretty good but we're only going to get relegated next season so I'm going to go home and watch the golf.'

Thanks to Telly Tubby. It's great to see a picture of us on that great day. I still remember how I felt the following morning - pure elation. I just want us to get there this season and for my two boys get a taste of that before I lose them to Leicester City and Manchester City/United.
  • Well this was early February 1994. I remember it well as I had arranged to visit a friend working in Costa Rica. As result I was missing out on the replay at Blackburn in the FA Cup. Yep, one of our great matches and I missed it.

Anyhow, we decided to take in a match at the local top flight club AD San Carlos We were looking to buy some match tickets and found the squad training. As a matter of courtesy I asked if they minded me taking some photos. I was informed this was no problem and he then proceeded to interrupt training and made them all line up for a photo. Most embarrassing.

I then swapped my Charlton shirt with the nearest fella and took his photo. I still have that shirt. The match was live on TV, so I also have a VHS of the match too.

imageimage

Here are a few more images of peeps at a Charlton event. One or two of which you might recognise. @Fanny Fanackapan

imageimage

This is from our first match in the Premier League away to Newcastle. Brilliant weekend that was.

WOW ! Remember that party well ! Will show this to Laura who's coming to the match tomorrow.

Don't have any of the fancy dress party by any chance, do you?
  • Drinking before the Play-Off Final 1998

Fans Day at the Goldstone Ground, Brighton.

I really can't remember why I took this and what it was all about. Any ideas please?

I think this may have been pre-season game at Wimborne,the scruffy git at the front is me..sadly all the hair is long gone :)
  • Sponsored links:

• @addick1965 does Skel still go?

If Skel is the bloke sitting next to him, the answer is yes.

Sort of
  • edited April 2018

Jesus. That's a blast from the past. Matty Lewis at the front with the bins, Moynsie behind him and a rather good looking chap right at the back.
  • Well this was early February 1994. I remember it well as I had arranged to visit a friend working in Costa Rica. As result I was missing out on the replay at Blackburn in the FA Cup. Yep, one of our great matches and I missed it.

Anyhow, we decided to take in a match at the local top flight club AD San Carlos We were looking to buy some match tickets and found the squad training. As a matter of courtesy I asked if they minded me taking some photos. I was informed this was no problem and he then proceeded to interrupt training and made them all line up for a photo. Most embarrassing.

I then swapped my Charlton shirt with the nearest fella and took his photo. I still have that shirt. The match was live on TV, so I also have a VHS of the match too.

imageimage

Here are a few more images of peeps at a Charlton event. One or two of which you might recognise. @Fanny Fanackapan

imageimage

This is from our first match in the Premier League away to Newcastle. Brilliant weekend that was.

WOW ! Remember that party well ! Will show this to Laura who's coming to the match tomorrow.

Don't have any of the fancy dress party by any chance, do you?
    I do @Fanny Fanackapan and will post it in due course. All spices together.
  • delroofer said:

Two very important Charlton legendsimageimage

Aw, memories, Del !

Think I forgot to put my teeth in that night though !
  • So so attractive.

Fanny's not bad either :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Jesus. That's a blast from the past. Matty Lewis at the front with the bins, Moynsie behind him and a rather good looking chap right at the back.

Taken at Newcastle away on a Wednesday evening by the look of it.
  • imageimageimageimageimage

Cracking photos
  • DA9 said:

Think it might have been the Valley Leisure Centre down the dirt track that Metrogas is now on down Avery Hill Rd. had a clubhouse run by a Scottish bloke called Jock

My mate (Macca) and brother both played there as well, Kenny Sansoms brother, Dave I think he was called also in the same team.
    Dave Sansom was the manager of a Sunday side I played for.

We also used to hire the AstroTurf pitch up there fairly regularly (or sneak on it if no one was using it)
    Was in the same school football team as Dave Sansom. I thought he was a better footballer than Kenny.

• edited May 2018
    My God those fences. Then, when you thought it couldn't get worse, they put the seats in!
  • edited May 2018
    Love these photos telly
    How young was moynsie in that Newcastle photo.
  • seth plum said:

That's from a football card game called Goal, which I still have.