Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace planning new stadium

Comments

• they look set to stay at selhurst if Croydon council agrees to the new stand development. 34,000 nigels all under one roof.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/steve-parish-set-to-find-out-if-crystal-palace-will-get-goahead-for-100m-new-stand-at-selhurst-park-a3817921.html

• Shame they cannot build it for the full length of the pitch.

Going to be the Worlds largest curved scoreboard to bridge that gap with the Holmesdale End above the lower tiers.
  • It looks shit from the aerial view.

A disjointed mish-mash of stands.

How can anything cost £100m to build in Norwood anyway?
  • Looks shortsighted unless they plan to buy up the housing behind the arthur waite and redevelop that side as well. For that money they should have moved the pitch, turned it 90 degrees and knocked down the other 3 stands
  • edited April 2018
    Shyte location.
  • Presumably the Holmesdale is staying for the foreseeable future as the newest (and largest?) stand in the ground, so why would you design an new main stand that joins to it so poorly?
  • It's like putting lipstick on a warthog.
  • I even saw a a Palace fan in the Bexley area last time I was down south. First time I'd seen that in 30 years. Disgraceful.

Saw one at Deptford bridge last night. :astonished:
  • Addickted said:

Four a CLub whose support suggests "South London is Ours" there appears to be very few people from South London adding their support for this proposal.

I suggest "Surrey is Ours" would be far more appropriate.
    "Croydon Remains All Palace"?
    A quick count of replica shirt wearers around the Whitgift centre suggests that the biggest team in Croydon is Man U
  • Sponsored links:

• Mismash of a ground. I think Sainsburys will prevent their next expansion. :smiley:
  • Presumably the Holmesdale is staying for the foreseeable future as the newest (and largest?) stand in the ground, so why would you design an new main stand that joins to it so poorly?

Because the new stand will not be allowed for the full length of he pitch, so the roofs will be some way apart.
  • edited April 2018
    Anywhere else it's a blot on the landscape.

In SE25 it blends in perfectly.

A white elephant in the making, or in their septic friends' sports' terminology - Administration III.
  • The new stand will be replacing the 'Fire Trap Stand'.

The stand opposite is the 'Asbestos Stand', the newest two tier stand (christened by our own Lee, Lee Bowyer) is the 'Sinking Stand'.

And then there's Sainsburys.
  • Apart from the fact of who would want to live opposite that shit hole, how are any club able to just get 6 families moved out of their homes to enable them to build an even bigger shit hole ?
  • You cannot polish a turd but maybe just roll it in a bit of glitter!
  • Fucking hilarious the way they haven't even tried to integrate the new stand into the rest of the shithole
  • I was with the architect for lunch last month talking about this. I can't say it looks easy on the eye but they are rather restricted by the council. Odd because there is shit tons of development going on in Croydon - surely they could have found a new, larger site
  • edited April 2018
    They'll get halfway through building and get relegated, meaning it has no roof and no fancy gadgets making Selhurst look even more naff and run down than it already does.

That's my hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will only get built if they stay in the Prem.
  • Or, they’ll knock down the wooden stand and then get relegated...
  • The glass front as a nod to their history is good, but surely they will be going back to being called the glaziers. More fitting.
  • If they had dropped the Tory party some funds I am sure they could have done a deal to move athletics to the Olympic stadium and developed at the actual CP site.

It would have made so much more sense but I’m glad it did not happen.
  • It will all be fine and natural order will be restored in the next couple of years. We're just having a quiet pint in League One until this all blows over.

The irony here is that the guy in the check shirt standing behind the mum (played the landlord of the pub—the Winchester) is a Charlton supporter.
  • edited April 2018

they look set to stay at selhurst if Croydon council agrees to the new stand development. 34,000 nigels all under one roof.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/steve-parish-set-to-find-out-if-crystal-palace-will-get-goahead-for-100m-new-stand-at-selhurst-park-a3817921.html

It's called Nigels r us, ni..gels r us!
  • It'll look the most disjointed ground in the country if it happens. A brand new big stand only to look at The Arthur Wait stand for 90 mins.

Best thing they could have done would be to demolish the ground and rebuild from scratch but I suspect they are too worried about protecting the Holmesdale end to do that.

They really are an odd lot.
  • It’s not that far as the crow flies but it’s fucking miles away trying to actually get there , probably takes the same time for most of us to get there as it does palace to get to Brighton . How can they can be considered rivals, they are too far away.
    Can understand the dislike of them but save the hate for the scum they have more pond life per fan than anyone .