Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Konsa and Everton

Apparently its been stated in the Liverpool Echo this week that they refused to pay the £5m we wanted in January

https://tbrfootball.com/5m-fee-stopped-ezri-konsa-heading-everton-toffees-pay-summer/

Comments

• If everybody was fit i'd argue Konsa shouldn't get in our first 11. Would snap up 5m in the summer if it could get re invested - similar to the Jenkinson money, which given the new owners on the arise is much more likely.
  • If that’s true fair play to konza seems to have not thrown his toys out the pram and respected the clubs decision and got on with it
  • edited March 2018
    He has great potential to play in the premier league. So young and he has already perfected the dive and con the ref combo. I predict big things for this lad.
  • Best CB at the club but not sure he's quite ready to go straight into a top flight side as Gomez and have did.
  • I think he will go on to bigger and better things. There can't be too many English 20 year olds who have played over 60 competitive first team matches, in a rough and tumble league such as League 1. I don't think he should leave now though. Lookman is a point in case. I understood why Lookman left, but he's on loan at Leipzig now, and lets be honest, he is barely playing. Lookman may go on and smash it up for Everton next season, but it looks unlikely. Konsa should stay for another season IMO, but I do understand why he would want to leave for a better pay day somewhere else, a footballers career is short, and being in that England squad where his fellow players are probably earning 4x what he earns, may influence him in moving away from Charlton.
  • Konsa will be a solid upper Championship, lower prem player.
  • edited March 2018

Best CB at the club but not sure he's quite ready to go straight into a top flight side as Gomez and have did.

Potentially the best CB at the club, I'm not sure he'd get ahead of Bauer and Pearce as a combination, at the moment

Who plays at RB on Friday - him or Dijksteel - is interesting though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

Best CB at the club but not sure he's quite ready to go straight into a top flight side as Gomez and have did.

Potentially the best CB at the club, I'm not sure he'd get ahead of Bauer and Pearce as a combination, at the moment

I honestly think they're both overrated. Pearce and Bauer that is.
  • Dijksteel should play RB, but I agree with @The Red Robin
  • Dazzler21 said:

Konsa will be a solid upper Championship, lower prem player.

What......................like Ricky Holmes :smile::smiley::smiley:
  • Best CB at the club but not sure he's quite ready to go straight into a top flight side as Gomez and have did.

I honestly think they're both overrated.
    With them as a combination, 2 clean sheets and 1 goal conceded in the last 3 matches. And in the Blackpool defeat they were probably the best players in the team

Dijksteel is hardly overrated - He's only played 5 or 6 games and is obviously a raw talent. Time will tell how good he is.

Based on what I've seen of Konsa I'm not convinced by him as a defender but to be fair he's playing in chaotic surroundings. Would he make a better midfielder?

The only standout player recently was Joe Gomez - looked a lot more assured than you'd expect. Lookman wasn't in the same league.

Dijksteel is hardly overrated - He's only played 5 or 6 games and is obviously a raw talent. Time will tell how good he is.

Based on what I've seen of Konsa I'm not convinced by him as a defender but to be fair he's playing in chaotic surroundings. Would he make a better midfielder?

The only standout player recently was Joe Gomez - looked a lot more assured than you'd expect. Lookman wasn't in the same league.
    Pearce and Bauer I meant.

Pearce and Bauer I meant.
    Okay!
  • I think his best position is holding midfielder. As a centre back you'd feel pretty happy if he was playing in front of you with his pace and strength.

In my opinion he's one of those players who looks better when the players around him are of higher quality.
  • I agree that his best position is DM. Composed on the ball, always seems to have that bit of extra time.
  • I'd play him in midfield instead of Reeves
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

I'd play him in midfield instead of Reeves

I would not play him where Reeves plays.
  • Oh, and he is worth more than £5m.
  • 10 mill at least for Konsa, if he keeps on improving.
  • Redrobo said:

wmcf123 said:

No, it would have to be reworked
  • wmcf123 said:

Redrobo said:

wmcf123 said:

Foster-Caskey has an eye for goal. Aribo seems to have a bit of flair. Both could work.
  • £5m for a premier league club these days isn't even a risk...it's small change from the back of the sofa.

We can give them a bloody sofa to find the change down the back of as well.
  • Redrobo said:

Oh, and he is worth more than £5m.

Surely if he was, someone would have bought him in January when he was up for sale at £5m
  • Apparently its been stated in the Liverpool Echo this week that they refused to pay the £5m we wanted in January

https://tbrfootball.com/5m-fee-stopped-ezri-konsa-heading-everton-toffees-pay-summer/

Not surprising. Whilst 5m doesn't seem like a lot of money to a premier league club, and certainly not a lot to one that spent almost 70m on Sigurdsson and Bolasie, it's definitely a lot of money for a player who isn't even first choice at an average league one club.
  • Apparently its been stated in the Liverpool Echo this week that they refused to pay the £5m we wanted in January

Not surprising. Whilst 5m doesn't seem like a lot of money to a premier league club, and certainly not a lot to one that spent almost 70m on Sigurdsson and Bolasie, it's definitely a lot of money for a player who isn't even first choice at an average league one club.
    Nick Pope wasn't first choice with us either. I wonder what he's worth now.
  • Redrobo said:

wmcf123 said:

Redrobo said:

wmcf123 said:

Foster-Caskey has an eye for goal. Aribo seems to have a bit of flair. Both could work.
    Forster-Caskey

As in son of Darren Caskey and stepson of Nicky Forster...