Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: Peterborough vs Charlton

Comments

• That’s me standing up having a go. Someone had to as KR couldn’t be bothered
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/peterboro-vs-charlton/375609

Not sure if this has already been posted..apologies if it has...Don't watch after we score its appalling.
  • cafc-west said:

How many goals has Josh Magennis scored for us with his feet ? I bet it’s not many.

I believe it’s actually zero this season! All with his head so far.
    Oxford?
  • Sage said:

One thing on the playing side, we have conceded 6 goals in our last two games. Bauer has sat on the bench in both of them. Prior to that, he scored away at Doncaster and played in that one, Bradford at home and MK Dons away where we picked up 5 points and only conceded 3 goals.

What the fuck is he doing out of the side?!

Robinson's a dick and he wouldn't see a good defender if it punched him in the face! Hmm
  • Penalty looked bad but I give Josh credit for being man enough to have a go.

Who else was there? Fosu maybe but JJ won't take them now and J F-C doesn't seem to want to either.
  • cafc-west said:

How many goals has Josh Magennis scored for us with his feet ? I bet it’s not many.

I believe it’s actually zero this season! All with his head so far.
    One this season I think, one of his recent goals.
  • How many goals has Josh Magennis scored for us with his feet ? I bet it’s not many.

Dean Kiely would score more with his feet
  • I assume Josh must have been the designated penalty taker, it's not as if anyone else was fighting for the ball
  • I am surprised Jackson did not take the penalty, he clearly has the most experience at it out of all our team, for those at the game was there any debate among the players who would be the taker?
  • Sponsored links:

• Too p*ssed off to comment tonight, folks.

Sorry.

Will need some serious work to gird those loins in readiness for Tuesday night.
  • Thought the first half was a pre season friendly, we were so slow in the build up and JFC couldnt stay in his feet when trying to play a pass.
    For me the first goal was down to Amos, Maddison dived yet again to gain the FK, it went deep and the shit beat him at his best post. He should of done better amdbwas already beaten at his near post when they him the post 5 mins before.
    The second half was just as bad from a performance perspective. We won the pen and if we equalise it's a different game! MM shows the players how to bury a pen five mins later.
    The changes after the second went in showers the shambles we are under, it should not take 3 or 4 minutes to bring the players on.
    The third was also down to Amos as he was beaten at his near post just like he was for the first.
    Season is over now. Bring in a set of players and a manager to build for next season!
  • Fat lady is in the wings warming up. Can't wait for this season to end...oh wait, that means we will be 'enjoying' yet another season in this God-awful league. Players have given up and I have given up. Will be going more out of habit than expectation now. Just don't understand those brave and hardy souls contemplating going to Blackpool (midweek too!) It's all I can do to summon up the energy to go to The Valley.
  • I
    sm said:

LouisMend said:
    Note the plural for forwards Robbo.
    That body language never happened in the Powell era
  • Here’s to you Mr Robinson, now F..k off and take your geriatric Belgium mate with you

Missed this latest debacle, be there next Saturday, but at this rate how much longer can the club depend on the support of me and other far more long suffering supporters.

We are dying slowly
  • To be fair to Reeves, it was a brilliant cross for the goal.
  • HandG said:

To be fair to Reeves, it was a brilliant cross for the goal.

Yes, I'll conceded that one. I'll increase his mark from 5 to 5.5
  • Sponsored links:

• HandG said:

To be fair to Reeves, it was a brilliant cross for the goal.

Yes, I'll conceded that one. I'll increase his mark from 5 to 5.5
    That was Reeves!? Best cross of the season for me.
  • That was never going to work. What was Karl thinking? Jacko is not the answer other than the odd sub appearance. Sarr is not a leftback. Losing JDS and Kashi meant he had to completely change things if we were to have any chance of reaching the playoffs. Instead of bringing in Page and Dijksteel, he bottled it, leaving us without the legs in midfield or pace down the left side. Kaikai looked like he had put on 2 kilo's since the last game and his backside rivalled that of Jimmy Floyd. Fosu clearly wasn't match fit. Josh needs help, he has too much on his shoulders. I actually think he and Zyro could play together and be a real handful. Zyro looks like he's a very mobile and skilful player who could feed off Josh. What Karl had before has gone, Clarke, Kashi, JDS, Holmes, all gone. He needs to change his mindset and redesign the team with what's left, that's our only hope.
  • Sounded bloody awful, though I will dutifully go to the Scunny game as I'm in London for that one but shall expect disappointment.

It's always easy to blame the manager but there appears to be more and more reason to do so, both on the field with our predictable, one-dimensional play, and in the transfer market. Our squad is horribly unbalanced to the extent that Solly and DaSilva seem to have no suitable replacements, the striker situation is well documented, and now even defensive midfield seems to be an issue.

Solly's name seems to be printed on the team-sheet, whereas if Robinson had some balls, he could have quite easily dropped him for disciplinary reasons following the embarrassing video. Perhaps Kalkai needs disciplinary action as well, but I suppose simply being a Palace loanee who is a waste of space isn't exactly a disciplinary offence!

I haven't yet had the chance to compare notes with the Rotherham fan we have staying at the moment but after a home defeat to bottom-of-the-table Rochdale after, I believe, seven consecutive wins, he's probably more pissed off with yesterday's results than me! He was discussing the possibility of fourth place Rotherham playing fifth place Charlton in the play-offs yesterday morning. Let's just say I was less positive of this scenario than he was.
  • How many goals has Josh Magennis scored for us with his feet ? I bet it’s not many.

This season, I think the answer is 1 out of 8 v Oxford (slide in to score from Da Silva's cut back).
  • Last season we were just no good, whilst recovering from a disaster of a relegation season the year before and a badly handled summer.

This season those excuses are not there. This has been an underachievement of magnificent proportion and having been a defender of Robinson all season, I no longer feel I can continue with that defence.

Someone hacked your account AFKA only two games ago you had a pop at the flip floppers.
    Only lost 1 in 7 a last minute goal to oxford.
    Weve just lost to 2nd in the league and Peterborough away.
    2 winnable games coming up at least give robbo to Saturday night.
  • Anything less than 2 wins from the next 2, then it's game over.
  • clb74 said:

Last season we were just no good, whilst recovering from a disaster of a relegation season the year before and a badly handled summer.

This season those excuses are not there. This has been an underachievement of magnificent proportion and having been a defender of Robinson all season, I no longer feel I can continue with that defence.

Someone hacked your account AFKA only two games ago you had a pop at the flip floppers.
    Only lost 1 in 7 a last minute goal to oxford.
    Weve just lost to 2nd in the league and Peterborough away.
    2 winnable games coming up at least give robbo to Saturday night.
    And on it goes ...
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/peterboro-vs-charlton/375609

Not sure if this has already been posted..apologies if it has...Don't watch after we score its appalling.

Third goal the Posh player holding his hand up to acknowledge the foul, but the ref played on. Still, terrible defending and Amos let it go straight through him.