Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Gotcha, I really only saw the senior teams play. There was a lot of change at the time, the Kent Rams started as the Greenwich Rams, and I believe the Greenwich Mariners before that.
    You've brought back a lot of happy memories for me thinking of those teams and games.

Do you ever go to Exiles games? They have a really good team these days
    No, It's all a bit in the past now. I haven't seen a local game in many years.

I used to regularly go and watch the London Ravens, London Olympians and Birmingham Bulls (as well as the Rams). Even went to Dunkirk once to see Great Britain take on France, it was a 50-2 blowout win (or something like that). France got a safety right at the end.

I sometimes think about going to watch a few games now and then, but life kinda gets in the way.
  • edited March 2018
    I never played senior - only youth. Blew my knee out at 17, and discovered birds, beer and 'football' :smiley:

We did have a great youth team though - started in peewee football and we won the southern championship, then moved onto two touch and won the title the first year I played & were runners up the next year. Some of the lads I played with were really talented - some of them were nutters - good mix really!

Used to love training down Sutcliffe Park and. SANCO, pissing about with some of the characters on the team on the coach to away games (I first discovered poker on those coaches) and the banter after someone did something awesome (great catch, pick, tackle etc). I played free safety (and occasionally tailback) cos I was relatively quick. I also played special teams and one of my favourite memories was being on kickoff return, catching the ball and having some kid literally run full tilt into me but somehow bounce off and knock himself out. I felt like Steve Atwater after after The Hit (only old school nfl fans and Broncos fans will get that!)

I haven't really followed the NFL this year (good job, since the Broncos are so shit!) as I haven't had the time - what with racing, having inherited two kids and a mentally busy job, the late nights and Sundays sat in my fat arse drinking and watching Sky are history I'm afraid.
  • edited March 2018
    Add me to the Redskins fans :neutral:

Edit: is there a CL fantasy league?
  • edited March 2018
    Added. And yes there is. I think last year was our first.
  • Aqib Talib being traded to the Rams.
  • Dolphins are thinking about cutting Suh, this is a major offseason.
  • Aqib Talib being traded to the Rams.

Wow. Talib and Peters together.
  • Laddick01 said:

Bears fan here , sadly

I feel that
  • It is all happening and we haven't even started the QB merry go round yet.
  • I'd be up for my first tilt at an NFL fantasy league. I'll be shit probably but up for it!

A lot of movement still to come in FA - exciting. (Please stay, Allen Robinson)
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

I'd be up for my first tilt at an NFL fantasy league. I'll be shit probably but up for it!

A lot of movement still to come in FA - exciting. (Please stay, Allen Robinson)

Robinson is going...hopefully to the Ravens.
  • Solid 3rd place for me in the Fantasy League last season

@RomseyAddick won the whole damn thing

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/194380/playoffs?season=2017
  • Solid 3rd place for me in the Fantasy League last season

@RomseyAddick won the whole damn thing

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/194380/playoffs?season=2017

4th for me and then blew it in the playoffs by benching Kenyan Drake when he had his monster game.
  • edited March 2018
    I was near the top can't remember where lol

Edit just checked link lost in semis to winner
  • Floebot said:

Penn State & Raiders fan here. Barkley has to go number 1.

Anyone else have any college teams they support / follow? Tennessee Vols for me.
    Purdue fan for college but they are never on ESPN and Seahawks for NFL, can’t wait to get tickets for the game in October against the Raiders.

Looks like Seahawks are rebuilding Graham, Sherman and Bennet all on the move.
  • Sherman released by the Seahawks. What is going on in Seattle?! Best CB around in my opinion.
  • Landry to the browns. Him Coleman and Gordon could be fun. Interested to see what they’ve given up for him.
  • Jarvis Landry traded to the Browns.
  • Poor Landry. He was perfect for the Ravens.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    rina said:

I may have spent too long watching the NFL Combine last week, it's almost hypnotic watching them all run the same drills. Shaquem Griffin is super impressive, massively strong and the quickest linebacker over 40 yards for a decade, he's definitely getting drafted despite only having one hand

It'll be interesting to see where/if he's drafted. Plenty of people think he'll join his brother at the Seahawks. The NFL need a good news story to get people interested in the League again so I really think he'll be playing downs somewhere next season.
  • edited March 2018
    Tyrod Taylor traded to the Browns for a third round pick.

Bills need a QB.
  • I can’t keep up.
  • Browns reaching spooky territory if they draft Barkley at 1 and their project QB at 4?
  • Browns reaching spooky territory if they draft Barkley at 1 and their project QB at 4?

Definitely, Tyrod is about as good of a ‘stopgap’ as you can really get.
    The Bills are also in a very interesting position now, obviously need a QB and have the ammo to move up. What’s interesting is their GM apparently said they won’t be moving Tyrod till they had a replacement sorted, could they be the team in for Foles?
  • DeShone Kizer traded to the Packers.