Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Regan Charles-Cook - SPFL player of the month Jan 2022 at Ross County (p3)

edited February 2022 in General Charlton

Regan Charles-Cook has joined Woking on loan until the end of their season, April 28th.

The versatile midfielder impressed during a loan spell with the National League club earlier this season.

Charles-Cook spent the back end of the 2016/17 campaign on loan at Solihull Moors where he played 13 times in the National League, scoring three goals.

Comments

• I worry that he's seen as not having a future at this club which I personally think would be a real shame as he has a lot of natural ability.

That said, he's probably 21st or 22nd in our squad right now, so going somewhere to play senior football obviously makes sense, and he can be recalled in the event of an emergency. I just hope he's given a shot next year.
  • Seems a strange one with all the injuries in our squad.
  • Saw him play for Woking against Dagenham last year. Nothing spectacular until 13 minutes from time when he picked the ball up on the left flank ran across the box and fired in the top corner. Not sure if he is our standard just yet.
  • Worrying as Charlton Athletic starlet stretchered off at Leyton Orient for Woking

Woking's troubles deepened this afternoon at Leyton Orient when loan winger Regan Charles-Cook was stretchered off at the Matchroom Stadium.

The Charlton Athletic loan man was having a better second half in east London after a quiet first period, but was forced off with 20 minutes remaining.

Charles-Cook had returned to the Cards on loan for the rest of the season just recently, and now Woking will be sweating on how bad the injury is. He has been taken to hospital with a suspected fractured rib.

Anthony Limbrick's side are now involved in a relegation scrap in the National League and will be praying the problem isn't too bad for the Addicks man.
  • I know its been mentioned on another thread but
    He has moved to gillingham

• I thought he signed a contract extension recently?

I thought the club had reported that but seems he turned it down.

Good luck to him, not worked out her but I’ve a nagging feeling he will end up playing at a higher level in a couple of years
  • I suppose Dijksteel has jumped ahead of him now.
  • Good luck to him. Always liked what I saw and think that he'll do well there.
  • Only offered a one year extension here, clearly well down the pecking order, it makes sense for him to find a club where he has a better chance of first team football
  • Sponsored links:

• Assume we (Roland) will get some compensation as u24 and offered a new deal?
  • Posted on the squad list thread but more relevant here:

Shame but at 21 can't blame him for wanting to move somewhere for a better chance of regular football.

We might regret it one day, but then he may be one of those players that will only develop by moving on and playing every week. Unlikely to get that here.

Anyway, who cares, he joined us at 16 after being at Arsenal. If Lookman doesn't count as our academy player neither does RCC :wink:
  • Saw the kid play a couple of times thought he was one for the future, never mind, good luck him for 44/46 games.
  • Good luck Charlie charles-charles

Academy graduate Regan Charles-Cook has signed a one-year extension, as have Ryan Blumberg, Jamie Mascoll and Joshua Umerah, while Mikhail Kennedy has signed a short-term six-month deal.”
    He signed it in invisible ink!
  • 2 year deal at another club with a manager that knows him well and a chance of first team football or sign a one year deal playing tippy tappy football against fellas of the same age.
  • Wish him well
  • Have watched him a few times at Woking. Decent enough player but I think he stands more chance of actually playing first team games at Gillingham. In my opinion he needs some development and improvement to really make a mark at league one level.
  • Not sure if he has the physicality to really make it in English football.

Very skillfully, and tenacious, but maybe just a little small.

I remember him coming on as a substitute at The Valley, we were winning comfortably, and Cousins dropped back into right back, and RCC played in midfield. We immediately lost the battle in midfield and the opposition scored. Then RCC was moved back to right back, and Cousins moved forward again. Straight away, we were back in control.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player, but not one I think that dominate a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big mistake, I thought he was one of our best for his age.
  • Undisclosed?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Undisclosed?

Out of contract.
  • Redhenry said:

New owners needed quickly

Given his age he could have gone even with new owners. Dijksteel, Aribo and Charles-Cook would have all wanted first team games but we should be looking to bring in at least a couple of proven CMs. Promising them all a chance is the kind of mistake we kept making under RD.
  • Redhenry said:

He's a good player, he would have been given a longer contract with a club that's run properly.

Naby Sarr - 6 year deal
  • Redhenry said:

He's a good player, he would have been given a longer contract with a club that's run properly.

Probably but if we were being run properly he wouldn't be guaranteed a chance in the first team either.
  • Redhenry said:

He's already had a longer contract before this one, and played 0 league games in the last 2 seasons at a time when Dijksteel and Aribo have become first team regulars. And only been on loan to National League clubs

That doesn't suggest to me a player likely to make much of an impact for a team hoping for L1 promotion.