Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I did a book as well

2»

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Anyone else surprised Leuthuis is only 30/31?

Yeah, must admit I was.
  • hawksmoor said:

What's that David Foster Wallace book set in and around the tennis academy? Still haven't finished that after about three years.

Infinite Jest
    That's it. I got about half-way through, which is further than a lot of people, then I kept making excuses not to read it. It was a bit of a chore. If I do pick it up again, I won't be starting the f*cker all over, I'll just muddle through from where I left off three years ago. I found it all a bit needlessy wacky rather than impenetrable: an extremely convoluted playground game that goes on for days and to which no one knows the entire rules; an agent in drag and a rival agent in a wheelchair in the dark on top of a hill; a native American who sits on a shelf in the gym, and doesn't move, and the tennis academy boys allow him to lick the sweat off them.
  • Oh gosh, you'll bloody love mine then :/
  • Well done @Leuth - that's at least two Addicks on Amazon- soul music fans might be interested in my modest contribution to literature, also available- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Citizen-Tales-Travels-Internet/dp/1291246738
  • Everyone has a book in em Leuth. Well done, now you can get on with summit else.

No they don't. That's like saying everyone has a world cup game in them.
  • edited February 2018
    Well done Leuth. I wrote a play if it counts, but I doubt anybody would want to see it!!!!! I did it for me in a desire to create something, and it is just as well as I suspect I am the only one who would like it!

Can you get your book on a kindle? - I'm off on holiday on Thursday - I need something to read.
  • chilham said:

Well done @Leuth - that's at least two Addicks on Amazon- soul music fans might be interested in my modest contribution to literature, also available- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Citizen-Tales-Travels-Internet/dp/1291246738

Just ordered @chilham big Soul fan so look forward to reading it

My amazon efforts here while we are all at it:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clive-Harris/e/B001KIKCKY
  • It's better than my bloody book.
  • hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

What's that David Foster Wallace book set in and around the tennis academy? Still haven't finished that after about three years.

Infinite Jest
    That's it. I got about half-way through, which is further than a lot of people, then I kept making excuses not to read it. It was a bit of a chore. If I do pick it up again, I won't be starting the f*cker all over, I'll just muddle through from where I left off three years ago. I found it all a bit needlessy wacky rather than impenetrable: an extremely convoluted playground game that goes on for days and to which no one knows the entire rules; an agent in drag and a rival agent in a wheelchair in the dark on top of a hill; a native American who sits on a shelf in the gym, and doesn't move, and the tennis academy boys allow him to lick the sweat off them.
    I quite enjoyed it, in parts at least, although not sure what it was all about.

I have an idea for a novel which surfaces every now and then but I can never get past a few pages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done leuth mate. To be a published author is a great achievement. Hope it sells a few copies
  • Dazzler21 said:

yes!
  • Nadou said:

Everyone has a book in em Leuth. Well done, now you can get on with summit else.

But you have :) Book, not World Cup.
  • chilham said:

Well done @Leuth - that's at least two Addicks on Amazon- soul music fans might be interested in my modest contribution to literature, also available- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Citizen-Tales-Travels-Internet/dp/1291246738

Check out Wyn Grants list on Amazon. He’s a book machine, although they are not exactly light reading.
  • edited February 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm shocked he's that old!
  • edited February 2018
    chilham said:

Whoooaah. I'm a BIG soul fan and in fact I now only read books about soul and funk music, and I'm far from running out of reading material. On my bedside table is the huge That's My Beat book on Philadelphia soul, I'm currently reading the Tony Fletcher (Palace fan, unfortunately) biog of Wilson Pickett, before that it was Memphis 68, and after the Pickett book, it'll be a history of Chips Moman's American Studio. (Won't be exclusively about soul, but anyone who started at Stax, was a soul session guitarist, then set up a rival Southern soul studio, is all right with me.)
  • I've got a credit on my Audible account, any chance of getting it published there. Let me know what it's like reading 500 pages out loud, I always wonder how people have the stamina to do that even if it is recorded n chunks.
  • Oggy Red said:

Well done, anyway. There won't be too many posters on CL who have read a book.

;) I joke, i did read a bit of the summary but then you say 500 pages and 250k words. I dont read otherwise i probably would attempt it, even if its probably beyond me lol

Well done though
  • good on you Louis ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Nadou said:

Everyone has a book in em Leuth. Well done, now you can get on with summit else.

Yes they do.

(You next)
  • Oggy Red said:

Well done, anyway. There won't be too many posters on CL who have read a book.

;) I joke, i did read a bit of the summary but then you say 500 pages and 250k words. I dont read otherwise i probably would attempt it, even if its probably beyond me lol

Well done though
    I see you fixed it for me ... haha!