Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimenez/Cash sued over Greenwich Peninsula stadium development

123457»

Comments

• cafc-west said:

Nice write-up of the whole sordid affair here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/09/charlton-khakshouri-jimenez-cash-modern-football
    My favourite bit "Over a $14.99 dinner at the restaurant Curry in a Hurry, Khakshouri agreed to lend Jimenez the money to keep the club running". Knows how to swing a deal does Tony...

I found the last paragraph quite sad as a reflection on where we are.

As for the club who were at the centre of the case and yet strangely irrelevant to it, their ownership remains in flux. Duchâtelet, a perennially unpopular figure at the Valley, has admitted he is looking for a new buyer. Charlton look set to be sold on again.
  • Ashley handed 3m to Jiminez without any written contracts etc. How has he made so much money?

Ironically by screwing over and undercutting others.
  • Ironic that all this lands the same week we look set to change ownership again.

The club 2010-2014 had an ownership structure seemingly devised to avoid tax with the persons in charge (who were not the same as the legal owners) interested mainly in property deals that would pay them huge amounts of money: the football considerations were ancillary to these.

As we exit the Duchatelet ownership we have at least been clear that he owns the club.
  • What a shady character Jiminez really is.
  • Thought it was common knowledge at the time that Gold and Sullivan looked at us, as did Tony Fernandes at QPR.

I thought Tony Fernandez was a 'life-long QPR fan'?
  • Ironic that all this lands the same week we look set to change ownership again.

The club 2010-2014 had an ownership structure seemingly devised to avoid tax with the persons in charge (who were not the same as the legal owners) interested mainly in property deals that would pay them huge amounts of money: the football considerations were ancillary to these.

As we exit the Duchatelet ownership we have at least been clear that he owns the club.

It hasn’t landed this week, though. The wider media have only just caught up because leave to appeal has been turned down, but the judgement was published before Christmas. The case was heard in October.
  • Interesting this is tho.

Keegan said he wanted Modric but Jimenez said no.

In response Jinenez has said He wanted Benzema but Keegan said no
  • Interesting comment about the Premier League at the end of that article, which ought to apply to the EFL as well:-

Sportsmail asked Keegan if he felt there should be more rigour and resource put into the Premier League’s work to ensure that those who buy clubs are committed to running it professionally.

‘I thought they’d got that,’ he said. ‘It’s a good idea but I’m afraid it should have been implemented a long time ago. You’re trying to shut a stable door.’
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

It reads a lot like loads of funny money swirling around, combined with a lot of dicks on the table posturing.

Yeah but we had the most enjoyable season since about 2004 as a result.
  • drewman said:

seth plum said:

It reads a lot like loads of funny money swirling around, combined with a lot of dicks on the table posturing.

Yeah but we had the most enjoyable season since about 2004 as a result.
    Then tbey strangled the finances, took us to near bankruptcy and brought in Duchatalet!
  • edited September 2018
    I'm sure Bowyer wouldn't mind Modric either but he's not getting them. As if Newcastle have ever been in a position for that level of player to join them.
  • I'm sure Bowyer wouldn't mind Modric either but he's not getting them. As if Newcastle have ever been in a position for that level of player to join them.

TBF this was 10 years ago
    Modric was still at Zagreb
    Benzema was still at Lyon

So there is a chance they could have been in a position to sign both