Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yado Mambo

Told he has to retire due to his persistent knee problems. Gutted for him

https://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/mambo-blow-as-popular-defender-retires/

Comments

• I'd heard this was a probability. Bad news for a very decent player at that level.
  • Feel sorry for the lad. Horrible when something like this happens to a young footballer. Hope he can find something else soon whatever it may be.
  • Such a shame because he comes across as such a nice likeable fellow. I’m really glad they’ve sorted him out with something to do on match days
  • Tough on a young man, it must be an awful experience.
  • Feel sorry for the lad. Horrible when something like this happens to a young footballer. Hope he can find something else soon whatever it may be.

Just read that Ebbsfleet are offering him a role there. Class move from them
    Some compensation and as you say, a very good gesture. Unlike Port Vale who, whilst continuing to fund his operations, have released a player injured whilst playing for them:

skysports.com/football/news/11738/11177597/port-vale-offload-defender-adam-yates-following-facial-surgery

The sort of thing that one would expect from our Board.
  • Very sad news for Yado.

Hope he has plenty of support from friends & family as well as the commendable Ebbsfleet FC.

• Shame. Very good at that level and probably not his ceiling .
  • Swisdom said:

Such a shame because he comes across as such a nice likeable fellow. I’m really glad they’ve sorted him out with something to do on match days

Is he going to be a turnstile operator like Robert Lee?
  • I am absolutely gutted for Yads, he's more than shown how capable he is this season; been my MotM on more than one occasion. I think it would be fair to say that he would probably have ended up back in league football had this not happened.

He is a great person to have around a club, has an infectious personality and a very wicked sense of humour. I hope the future is kind to him as he does not deserve to end his career so early.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's such a shame, seems like a good lad.

Can some of our more capable members arrange a fund for him, that we can all contribute to? He was one of our own after all.
  • He was a question on The Chase today.
  • He’s a Hampton & Richmond I think....

Along with Chris Dickson
  • edited November 2018
  • Sad news for such a young player

Did he ever get to play in the No. 5 shirt?
  • He's back playing now I believe
  • Got a contract with Hearts he's a mambo jambo.
  • iaitch said:

Got a contract with Hearts he's a mambo jambo.

pun of the month (even though it is only 2/11) ((:>)
  • Gutted for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• He was part of a group of promicing youngsters to come through in the late 2000s/early 2010s. With the likes of Waggy, Jonjo, Tamer Tuna, Alex Stavrinou and Ben Davison. Only Waggy and Jonjo are playing in the top four divisions. For some reason the others didn't go on to make it.
  • what does the twitter link say?
  • Redhenry said:

what does the twitter link say?

Just a pic of the question - basically Yads asked for No.5 shirt in 2017
  • C_A_F_C said:

He was a question on The Chase today.

Which was?

• He was part of a group of promicing youngsters to come through in the late 2000s/early 2010s. With the likes of Waggy, Jonjo, Tamer Tuna, Alex Stavrinou and Ben Davison. Only Waggy and Jonjo are playing in the top four divisions. For some reason the others didn't go on to make it.

Jenkinson was part of that group as well.

Jenkinson was part of that group as well.
    And Sols. How could I possibly forget Sols?
  • Tosan Popo another one of that age group now at Concord Rangers. Think he was in America for a while.
  • Tamer Tuna too (try saying that quickly!) Whatever happened to him?
  • charltonJ said:

Tosan Popo another one of that age group now at Concord Rangers. Think he was in America for a while.

Him as well

Tamer Tuna too (try saying that quickly!) Whatever happened to him?

Mentioned him already.
  • edited November 2018
    Didnt realise Tosan was playing so high in the Non-League scene - As for Tamer didnt he basically disappear from Football (played @ Erith Town didnt he?) and ended up working for David Lloyd in Sidcup