Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Entire season prediction.

Each Year I bust out MS Excel and predict the entire season.

I have decided to share my predictions that so far haven't been spot on at all but the pointage is only 1 out as it stands.

Let me know how you think the season might pan out. I have us scraping playoffs if we're lucky.

and because HTML does not like excel I've posted as 2 parts.

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Took me a while to work that out, but I get it now. Haven't got the stamina (or the knowledge, if I'm honest) to do my own though.
    What does 73 points get you?
  • Haven't got the energy but I'm sure you are right.
  • edited September 2017
    Uboat said:

Took me a while to work that out, but I get it now. Haven't got the stamina (or the knowledge, if I'm honest) to do my own though.
    What does 73 points get you?

Millwall finished 6th with 73 points last season

1. Sheffield Utd 46 30 10 6 92:47 100
    2. Bolton 46 25 11 10 68:36 86
    3. Scunthorpe 46 24 10 12 80:54 82
    4. Fleetwood 46 23 13 10 64:43 82
    5. Bradford 46 20 19 7 62:43 79
    6. Millwall 46 20 13 13 66:57 73
  • Yep 73 points would have got us playoffs last season at a stretch.

This season I think we may need 75+
  • mid table shite... that is our destiny
  • If we keep Marshall, Reeves and Holmes fit and get another striker we might be in with a shout.
  • 69 points is what I had us at, better than last year but probably 7 or so outside the playoffs and finishing 9/10th.
  • If we keep Marshall, Reeves and Holmes fit and get another striker we might be in with a shout.

2/3 we have to get fit before we keep them fit!
  • Currently 1 point behind the real overall results. However, I did have us down as a loss vs peterborough so a draw or win results in us matching or moving ahead of my predictions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Randomly I said we'd have 30 points after 15 games and we have 30 off of 15. However it does mean that out of Shrews And Peterborough we will only pick up 1 point - sorry!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Randomly I said we'd have 30 points after 15 games and we have 30 off of 15. However it does mean that out of Shrews And Peterborough we will only pick up 1 point - sorry!

but I've also noticed that you have us down for just 1 point from our next 3 games, and with the re-arranged game as well I'm expecting us to be on 37 or 38 points by the end of the month.
  • 35 after 20 is still correct-ish I'm crap at predicting results but spot on points so far :lol:
  • Dazzler21 said:

Randomly I said we'd have 30 points after 15 games and we have 30 off of 15. However it does mean that out of Shrews And Peterborough we will only pick up 1 point - sorry!

but I've also noticed that you have us down for just 1 point from our next 3 games, and with the re-arranged game as well I'm expecting us to be on 37 or 38 points by the end of the month.
    Just realised 5 points from 5 games... That's pretty shite.
  • 9th... and roland still in charge... kill me
  • A draw tonight sees my points total correct even if my results are all very wrong! :lol:
  • edited December 2017
  • 37 points off 24 games played. Confirmed. If we win Monday we'll be ahead of 73 point requirements
  • edited January 2018
    REAL LIFE
    Pld 29 = 47 points.
    PREDICTION
    Pld 29 = 47 points.

We're 2 points ahead of a 73 point target...

I will re-iterate my result selections have been awful, such as the unpredictable nature of this league.

Just double checked it... We're equal.
  • Here's the up to date table.
  • Sponsored links:

• That is impressive work and predicting Dazz, if you can transfer some of these skills to predicting the next "must buy" Crypto Currency I look forward to receiving my PM from you with the tip listed :wink:
  • Yes, very impressive, but what did you do for the postponed Shrewsbury game ?? You currently have us on 46 points after 29 games, but we've played 28. I think you need to adjust your spreadsheet to allow for this.
  • edited January 2018

Yes, very impressive, but what did you do for the postponed Shrewsbury game ?? You currently have us on 46 points after 29 games, but we've played 28. I think you need to adjust your spreadsheet to allow for this.

Okay were ahead of my target by 2 points... Seems I lost the Shrews game somewhere!
  • Re-checking I've awarded us a draw for a game somewhere (I had Shrews down as a loss) as I said game by game I'm off but pts per game I'm on point if we draw Saturday!

• I have us currently on 51 points after 32 games.

The table has us at 51 points after 32 games.

73 will be the number. Will it be enough?

I don't know if it's luck more than judgement that I check this on occasion and it seems to be when we're at or near to my game by game estimation!

If we look at team by team you'll see why I'm in league 2 in the predictions league table :lol:
  • Good effort there, regardless of whether the results have been correct. Reckon 73 could be hit or miss on the playoffs, fingers crossed.
  • I don't think 73 will be enough to make the Play offs. There are too many teams in the mix who are desperate for points. I'd say 77 points will do it . Just
  • Dazzler21 said:

I have us currently on 51 points after 32 games.

The table has us at 51 points after 32 games.

73 will be the number. Will it be enough?

I don't know if it's luck more than judgement that I check this on occasion and it seems to be when we're at or near to my game by game estimation!

If we look at team by team you'll see why I'm in league 2 in the predictions league table :lol:

51 after 35 in the real world, to get 73 we need to make up 4 points tomorrow :lol:
  • Still 4 points behind off 37 games played I had us at 59 points. We have 55 so there's time to make it up but it's a real ask to make up those extra 4.
  • edited March 2018
    I think with all the teams seemingly tripping over themselves 73 could well be enough! could even be a season were 70 does it!

Over the next two games, you can see how our rivals could drop points. I have a feeling we win the next two and what could be decisive is two away games against Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers.