Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will we make the play-offs

Hi guys,

The big question that has to be answered following the Pompey defeat is will we find our form again and secure a play-off spot?

The guys on this podcast talk about our chances and I have to agree, mostly, with their comments. Have a listen and supports those trying to get League One and Two a bit more coverage!

http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-episode-22-week-21-review/

jrCAFC

Comments

• All depends on if we buy a decent striker . Best & Dodoo clearly are not good enough.
  • edited December 2017
    Before traingate... possibly. Post traingate...possibly.

• edited December 2017
    So many imponderables, on a bad run, injuries, uncertainty re ownership hence what, if any, incomings and outgoings there'll be in January. I'm normally a glass half full person but I've now gone from 80/20 yes after Bradford away to 50/50 at present. Blackburn and Wigan away before the month end doesn't fill me with confidence either.
  • edited December 2017
    Nope.
  • Will we make the play-offs?
    No
  • I feel more positive than I did at the beginning of the season and less positive than I did a few weeks ago. So, I'm a definite maybe. Will we actually get promoted? Very unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• will get playoffs but wont get to wembley
  • yes if he sells, no if he dont.
  • Nope. I am personally expecting the same as last year, wheels to full off in Feburary.
  • Yes confident we will make play off still not totally given up on top two but Wigan and Blackburn look strong ( so three points Saturday will help). If we do make play offs then a lottery and odds against getting promoted.
  • With some old washing up bottles and some sticky backed plastic, always remembering to ask your mum for some help with the scissors, of course we'll make them....

Provided that play-offs is code for Blue Peter style space rockets.
  • No. Even if somehow we do make it I don't think our style of play will get us any further. Millwall proved last season that you don't really need any finese to get promoted just a game plan that gets you over the line.
  • No, because we are going straight up

Postecoglou's red and white army
  • We will. Just not this season.
  • In sixth place.
  • Sponsored links:

• No. Even if somehow we do make it I don't think our style of play will get us any further. Millwall proved last season that you don't really need any finese to get promoted just a game plan that gets you over the line.

Which we clearly lack.
  • edited December 2017

No. Even if somehow we do make it I don't think our style of play will get us any further. Millwall proved last season that you don't really need any finese to get promoted just a game plan that gets you over the line.

Which we clearly lack.
    And which Powell's record breakers had in 2011/12 - P46 W30 D11 L5 F82 A36 PTS101
  • Depends which window we go for in January , Zenith or Everest?
  • Even if we did make this year's play-offs we won't go up.

We only reach play-off finals, let alone win them, when we play Ipswich in the semi-final:

1986-87 SF Ipswich: won 2-1 on agg; F: Leeds 1-1 on agg, won replay 2-1 aet

1995-96 SF Palarse: lost 1-3 on agg

1997-98 SF Ipswich: won 2-0 on agg; F Sunderland 4-4 aet, won pens 7-6

2009-10 SF Swindon: 3-3 on agg, lost 5-4 on pens (although as Nicky Bailey's penalty has yet to re-enter Earth's atmosphere there's still a slight chance we might equalise and take it to sudden death)
  • Yes next question
  • Not unless Robinson changes formation.
    He won't.
    Or
    ROLAND strengthen 's in January.
    He won't.

So it's a no from me.
  • No. All the while KR is in charge & is adamant there is only one way to play.
  • Even if we did make this year's play-offs we won't go up.

We only reach play-off finals, let alone win them, when we play Ipswich in the semi-final:

1986-87 SF Ipswich: won 2-1 on agg; F: Leeds 1-1 on agg, won replay 2-1 aet

1995-96 SF Palarse: lost 1-3 on agg

1997-98 SF Ipswich: won 2-0 on agg; F Sunderland 4-4 aet, won pens 7-6

2009-10 SF Swindon: 3-3 on agg, lost 5-4 on pens (although as Nicky Bailey's penalty has yet to re-enter Earth's atmosphere there's still a slight chance we might equalise and take it to sudden death)

And until Carlisle get into L1 we ain't going to go up automatically either.
  • I was convinced we would. No longer so sure.
  • We had the chance on Saturday to go 8 points clear of the chasing pack but we blew it and are only 3 points clear now. I fully expect that 3 point cushion to have disappeared by 5pm on Saturday after being firmly put in our place by Blackburn.