Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend's proposed new stadium

I thought I'd bung up this link to a series of images of Southend's proposed new stadium. echo-news.co.uk/news/15666204.Exclusive_images_for_the_new_Southend_FC_stadium/?ref=ar#gallery13

I quite like the design - it seemed fresh. And love the Rossi ice cream cart in one of the pictures! It's clear that there will be a significant number of apartments incorporated into the stadium buildings presumably to help with the bill.
The adjacent training facilities seem pretty good too. I wonder if it will ever happen?

Comments

• Been following this for a number of years. They have always butted heads with the council and local businesses over elements of any previous plans there.

Good luck to them the latest proposals look good.
  • I don't ever recall a new stadium looking anywhere as exciting as the mock ups. Will probably look at about half the size of what's in those pictures when it is said and done.
  • Waitrose on site, very posh.
  • Will they be able to fill it when built though?
  • Southend and Luton both have looooooong running stadium sagas...
  • Looks great....but good luck shifting the apartments. Who would want football fans outside their balcony every other Saturday? Apart fromSouthend fans, obviously.
  • Looks very nice but a bit big for them. Looks like it could hold 25k/30k but I doubt whether they would get more than 10k for most home games.

Any idea where it is supposed to be. I don't remember seeing that amount of greenery in their current location. There is a large wood & golf course on the way in, about 2-3 miles from the town centre so could be there I suppose.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Waitrose on site, very posh.

Waitrose is there already. That's the only thing I believe about those mock ups (except B&Qs which is also there already). Hilton Hotel though? Frankly, if this town got a Radisson Blu it would be punching above its weight.
  • Southend and Luton both have looooooong running stadium sagas...

I won't believe anything about a new ground for Luton until the second half starts at the first game at the new ground.
  • The City of Southend?
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks very nice but a bit big for them. Looks like it could hold 25k/30k but I doubt whether they would get more than 10k for most home games.

That sounds familiar !