Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace planning new stadium

Comments

• Why do they want a new ground? The one they have suits them so well.
  • I'd be surprised if Palace move to a new ground, they'll probably just rebuild Selhurst. They can build a main stand behind the existing structure, and by the time they get round to the sh*thole on the other side, will have been relegated and promoted half a dozen times!

• We can laugh and build castle in the air objections but the fact of the matter is that this is very bad news. Any progression by that shitstain club is not welcome.

Stadiums are expensive things to build these days. Just imagine the debt and the impact of servicing it will have if they lose the PL money
  • They can't expand the Arthur Wait due to the houses behind it, nor can they do anything with the Whitehorse Lane End because of Sainsbury's.

So they can only extend the main stand and the Holmesdale (even then that has houses behind it, so not much can be done with that), or move.
  • Will always remember when Millwall announced their plans to build on Senegal Fields. At the time they were high in the top division, had floated on the stock exchange and things were looking rosy.
    All the locals in my pub in deptford had bought shares and were looking forward to a brand new stadium.
    Relegation swiftly followed, the shares weren’t worth a light and the stadium is a shit hole.
    I wish all the above on Palace.

I wish for far worse than that for the stripey c*nts - Millwall are still in existence.
  • I've still got an artist's impression of a 40k valley.
    That will probably never happen in my lifetime now.
    Let's just hope the pricks go down they will not go ahead with this if they get relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuinely doesn't look that impressive, so they're basically building a new main stand and getting rid of the gantry?
  • Nice and pretty main stand, still with the little Whitehorse Lane and Arthur Wait stands.

It's a bit like Valley Parade, Oakwell or Home Park. Nice shiny new stands, with one old withered stand.
  • It says planning application submitted January 2018, surely they men will be submitted.

Also building to start late 2018, so they're sure of getting permission then? Brown paper bags to planning officer?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

Addickted said:

Uboat said:

The sensible way forward is just to merge with them. They seem like a good bunch of lads.

Excellent idea.

We could keep the red from their kit with the white from our kit for the new strip.
    And combine the "Charlton Athletic" from our name with "Football Club" from theirs...
    We could also combine our trophy cabinets.

Our FA Cup would look great next to their Runners Up medals.
  • I've still got an artist's impression of a 40k valley.
    That will probably never happen in my lifetime now.
    Let's just hope the pricks go down they will not go ahead with this if they get relegated.

It's a fucking shame they won't need it in the championship
  • Where is the space for the outside bit looking onto the glass palace?
  • ChiAddick said:

Where is the space for the outside bit looking onto the glass palace?

It's the Sainsburys petrol station forecourt.
  • Great they’ve started prepping for the championship already.