Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oumar Niasse: Everton striker charged for dive against Crystal Palace

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42066734

The first PL player to be charged. Such a shame that Palace were the victims!

Comments

• Expect to see Zaha on a few charges later in the season.
  • Hope this will apply to all players not just squad players in the lesser teams in the division.
  • oumar if your looking in we owe you a pint :smile: , what a shame poor stripey bastards
  • Be a shame if the Board dont look at the MK Dons dive
  • Outrageous decision. But it aint going to give Palace the points so I suppose it don't really matter, except this player might now get a ban and weaken Everton. It could actually work against palace if Everton go on to lose to relation rivals.
  • Outrageous decision. But it aint going to give Palace the points so I suppose it don't really matter, except this player might now get a ban and weaken Everton. It could actually work against palace if Everton go on to lose to relation rivals.

every cloud
  • I actually think that's quite harsh. He went down easily but he was blocked off and there was contact with his chest. Feels like the decision was made to show that the new committee has teeth, but if we're going to start banning players for making a meal of a dodgy challenge then there's going to be about four players not suspended every game.
  • So the law was introduced in May and the first PL player to get found guilty under the new law is done in November some 3 months into the season.

If you look back at the season hi-lights I reckon I could find one a week that should be charged.

Yet another flimsy law being flouted by footballers because the governing body has no balls.

• Sponsored links:

• Irony-meter off the scale as someone involved in a Palace game gets charged for diving and he wasn't wearing stripy pajamas.
  • Said at the time over on the Palace thread that i'd be amazed if the diving committee didn't give him a ban. Was an absolutely blatant dive.
  • I am sure Andy Johnson will be somewhat miffed that he didn't get the honour of being the first.
  • Against the biggest diving team of the last 20 years . The irony

No way. Hate palace but Chelsea and the big Spanish clubs much worse.
  • I actually think that's quite harsh. He went down easily but he was blocked off and there was contact with his chest. Feels like the decision was made to show that the new committee has teeth, but if we're going to start banning players for making a meal of a dodgy challenge then there's going to be about four players not suspended every game.

But eventually even the thickest of thick footballers will 'get it' and stop diving...er...maybe.
  • Can I ask for 20 previous offences from Zaha to be taken in to consideration?
  • Oh the fucking irony. Lost of course on the dullards running the FA.
  • Clearly NOT guilty:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• May I suggest we have a whip round so that we may send a small token of our esteem to Oumar to soften the blow of his ban as also as a thank you?
  • Sir Chris Powell is one of the panel who judges these I think
  • Gutted. That con artist's "act" could make all the difference to Palace at the end of the season - the difference between finishing bottom and second to bottom.
  • edited November 2017

Be a shame if the Board dont look at the MK Dons dive

They will say "League 1, who cares" :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • It was only said in jest FA, I should have put up a smiley
  • i'm actually hoping palace can get a new record of being the earliest prem relegation currently held by derby who had played 32 games.
  • Gets better every time I watch it
  • edited November 2017
    Zaha must of been livid. The judges rarely give straight tens... gold medal for you Oumar! Tom Daley for you Zaha!

Leave off, it's a ridiculous dive.

Definite foul.

The defender clearly conceals a weapon as well after striking poor Niasse whilst he's on the ground.