Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where's Acworth when you need him?

So following the events of this weekend which non league players are going to improve us?

A few names to conjure with:

Tyler Harvey

Matthew Lench

Blair Turgott

The Prodigal Pig

Comments

• Gary Abbott
    Steve Portway
    Terry Robbins
    Trevor Booker
  • Last I saw him he was on Twitter calling for MI5 and the SAS to be charged with Diana's murder.
  • THE SCEPTIC INVESTIGATES (PILOT) https://t.co/AykmZ2ONZ4 via @YouTube

— jonathan acworth (@j_acworth) November 3, 2017
  • Blair Turgott was impressive for Bromley last season and was snapped up by Stevenage. Not sure what’s happened to see him loaned out to Boreham Wood so quickly.
  • I always do wonder with us how carried away we get when a player has a decent(ish) game against us. This isn't aimed at you Len but I heard so many people around me make generic comments like, 'Oh that no.29 of theirs would be good for us'

Why? Just because he puts in a decent shift in a cup game against a higher league opposition when players from the non leagues are likely to raise their game anyway, doesn't mean he's suddenly going to be a useful addition to a league one team challenging for promotion.

Same with that guy who was the winger for Dagenham a few years back when we beat them 4-1 in the league cup at our ground. Admittedly we had been linked with him, but he was hardly noticeable on the night and I can't even remember his name or know where he is now, yet we have all these bland generic comments like, 'oh, he'd be a useful addition'

odd
  • cabbles said:

I always do wonder with us how carried away we get when a player has a decent(ish) game against us. This isn't aimed at you Len but I heard so many people around me make generic comments like, 'Oh that no.29 of theirs would be good for us'

Why? Just because he puts in a decent shift in a cup game against a higher league opposition when players from the non leagues are likely to raise their game anyway, doesn't mean he's suddenly going to be a useful addition to a league one team challenging for promotion.

Same with that guy who was the winger for Dagenham a few years back when we beat them 4-1 in the league cup at our ground. Admittedly we had been linked with him, but he was hardly noticeable on the night and I can't even remember his name or know where he is now, yet we have all these bland generic comments like, 'oh, he'd be a useful addition'

odd

I agree with you and quite deliberately categorised the thread as Fun, Jokes and Captions for just that reason.

Mr Acworth has always liked a non-league player so I picked the ones I noticed over the weekend.
  • cabbles said:

I always do wonder with us how carried away we get when a player has a decent(ish) game against us. This isn't aimed at you Len but I heard so many people around me make generic comments like, 'Oh that no.29 of theirs would be good for us'

odd

Jodi Jones was the Daggers player. Big money move to Coventry, and still starring for them (in the cup yesterday).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    Mr Acworth talks a good game. I distinctly recall him in 2012 confiding to our party in the Covered End that Solly and Wiggins were off to Man United for £4 million, with a little-known youngster by the name of Paul Pogba coming the other way. "Nailed on certainty", he assured us. Pogba later returned to Man United from Juventus for a then world record fee of £89.3 million.
  • I'm sure we were actually linked with getting Pogba in on loan in 2011/2012 or around that time, not long before he left United for Juve.
  • LouisMend said:

Blair Turgott was impressive for Bromley last season and was snapped up by Stevenage. Not sure what’s happened to see him loaned out to Boreham Wood so quickly.

Did the same with Lokko from Maidstone, loaned him to Dagenham.
  • Blair Turgid is shit I have unfortunately seen him play about 10 times, just no!
  • Blair Turgid is shit I have unfortunately seen him play about 10 times, just no!

I dunno he's been doing quite well for me @ Stevenage on FIFA 18
  • Mr Acworth talks a good game. I distinctly recall him in 2012 confiding to our party in the Covered End that Solly and Wiggins were off to Man United for £4 million, with a little-known youngster by the name of Paul Pogba coming the other way. "Nailed on certainty", he assured us. Pogba later returned to Man United from Juventus for a then world record fee of £89.3 million.

Pogba didn't want to move south! ;)