Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 1-0 AFC Wimbledon

many thanks to the 62 Lifers who gave marks. It has always been my way to award an assist to a player who draws a foul from which a free kick is scored, so Ricky Holmes gets a goal and an assist :)

Comments

• Good old Kishi.
  • LL - out of interest, I note we have scored 23 goals. However there are only 21 assists. Is this because, like Saturday, if we score direct from a set play there is no "assist" counted?
  • redman said:

LL - out of interest, I note we have scored 23 goals. However there are only 21 assists. Is this because, like Saturday, if we score direct from a set play there is no "assist" counted?

no - as I said at the top if it is a free kick or penalty I give the assist to the player who drew the foul, the assists don't match because if an opposing player, goalie for example, "passes" direct to our player and he scores then there is no assist.
  • redman said:

LL - out of interest, I note we have scored 23 goals. However there are only 21 assists. Is this because, like Saturday, if we score direct from a set play there is no "assist" counted?

no - as I said at the top if it is a free kick or penalty I give the assist to the player who drew the foul, the assists don't match because if an opposing player, goalie for example, "passes" direct to our player and he scores then there is no assist.
    Hmm - Do we remember the cases where that has happened this season?
  • If Holmes is fouled and then scores from a free kick, does he get a goal and an assist?
  • ross1 said:

If Holmes is fouled and then scores from a free kick, does he get a goal and an assist?

Your answer is in the second sentence of the post. :-)
  • redman said:

LL. Thanks for clarification and I didn't take in the comment first. Sorry. Off to the dunces corner!
  • edited October 2017
    Nabby Sarr rocking the highest average rating!
  • edited October 2017

redman said:

Fosu's goal against Oxford would have been a goal without an assist I believe.
  • SDAddick said:

redman said:

What about his 35 yard screamer which followed a run half the length of the pitch. The pass to him there wouldn’t really be an assist.

In the same way, if Amos rolls the ball out to Sarr, and Naby went all the way up the other end, beating five or six opposition players en route, and then chipped the goalie, Amos isn’t getting an assist. Is he?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

redman said:

What about his 35 yard screamer which followed a run half the length of the pitch. The pass to him there wouldn’t really be an assist.

In the same way, if Amos rolls the ball out to Sarr, and Naby went all the way up the other end, beating five or six opposition players en route, and then chipped the goalie, Amos isn’t getting an assist. Is he?
    In fantasy football he would do!
  • I'm not saying that the way I award assists is the correct way but it is my way and it is that if any of our players passes the ball the the scorer then it is an assist and if any player draws a foul which leads to a free kick or penalty score then that also is an assist.
  • You write the script LL, you set the rules, we shut up and enjoy :smiley:
  • I'm not saying that the way I award assists is the correct way but it is my way and it is that if any of our players passes the ball the the scorer then it is an assist and if any player draws a foul which leads to a free kick or penalty score then that also is an assist.

Good stuff. I can see how any other system would be fraught with difficulties.>
  • Magennis' consistently bad scores worries me
  • Redhenry said:

Magennis' consistently bad scores worries me

Yep, so important for us. Needs to find form again